Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan? Explain, with examples.
DUE Sunday, October 7
33 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Though I really don’t care much for either if I had to choose between Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, I would have to go with Lindsay Lohan. Because years ago before the drugs, the partying and the multiple visits to rehab, she made a few good funny movies that parents didn’t have to worry about letting their kids watch them. (i.e. The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Means Girls). Britney Spears, however has never set a good example for little girls. She’s been baring her stomach from the beginning when she was around 16 and things have only gotten racier since then. Both Britney and Lindsay have millions of girls who look up to them and for a while it seemed like Lindsay at least cared she made family movies and stayed pretty conservative for a while. Britney, however has always seemed to be caught up in her own world, never seeming to pay much attention to how her constantly risky outfits were creating trashy baby Britney spears’ all over America. With all the crazy rumors going around today it is hard to support either girl with good reason, however I still stick behind Lindsay even if she has been in and out of rehab lately. At least she didn’t bring children into this world before she had her own problems worked out. Britney is now in charge of 2 babies and herself. When I first found out she was going to be having a baby a few years ago I was excited to hear it. I thought maybe she was done with the celebrity scene and ready to mature and start a functional family. Today, a few years later, things seem to be the complete opposite of what I was hoping for. Brit’s family is far from functional, she’s becoming more immature every day and she’s desperately trying to get back in on the celebrity scene. Britney had everything going for her and she seemingly threw it away. Lindsay however, got caught up in today’s party scene that is hard to avoid for today’s young stars. But at least she’s working at getting her act back together. She had her low point but every day you see in the news or tabloids that she’s working at getting better, either in rehab or just taking it easy not partying. And while the tabloids aren’t an entirely reliable source, there must be some truth to it. Britney, however seems to be going lower and lower. She continues to shock us, she was gradually declining and when she shaved her head everyone thought that was her lowest point, but unfortunately we were wrong. Brit continues to have drug problems and continues to struggle with being a mother. I don’t have a lot of respect for her decision to bring babies into the world before she had her act together. She had plenty of problems of her own that she needed to work out, but instead she goes and gets herself pregnant TWICE, only putting more on her plate, and guarantying a rough life for her kids. While I don’t consider either of these woman to be one of my personal role models, if I were forced to pick I would support Lindsay because shes just young and stupid and learning from her mistake, while Britney on the other hand continues to make stupid mistakes and shes not getting any younger.
Since the 1998 premier of The Parent Trap, I have been hooked on Lindsay Lohan. For a while, the only place you really saw her was in small Disney Channel movies. Finally, in 2003 she came out with another movie to hit theatres. Freaky Friday soon became another one of my favorite movies, and not too long after she had another huge hit, Mean Girls. Up until about a year and a half ago, I thought that Lindsay Lohan was one of the most beautiful and put together young women in Hollywood. I loved the way she dressed, the movies she was in, her choice of guys to date, and pretty much everything else about her. Recently she has done some pretty obnoxious and dumb things that have made her look extremely out of control. She has been seen doing drugs, drunk driving, passing out in public places, and numerous other out of control things. Of course, seeing this caused me to change my mind towards her somewhat. I still think she is very pretty, but I have lost my respect for her because of the way she acts and handles herself as an idol for young teenage girls throughout this country. I will say that no matter how dumb she acts, bad she looks, or how many mistakes she makes, I will never prefer Britney Spears over her. If you ask me, there is a difference between a mother of two children acting so out of control, and a still considerably young actress acting this way. Britney Spears has no respect for anyone; especially not her children. She does not seem to think before she does anything, and it looks as though she does not even have respect for herself. I will say that at least Lindsay Lohan owns up to her actions and apologizes for them most of the time. When she goes to rehab she actually stays there and tries to correct her current problems. Britney Spears has done way too many irresponsible things at this point to ever have any respect from anyone ever again.
That’s a tuff question, both are not the best role models but we all have our problems. Between the two I would have to choose Britney Spears because she is one of the best known singers I the world. Ever since she was a child she was in the spot light, she was part of the “Mickey Mouse Club” and her stardom has grown. She has made a ton of hit songs and became famous in her late teens and she still grew more famous. She has made more than her fair share of mistakes in her life, but we all have. People just notice hers because after all she is a star and millions of girls look up to her as a role model and a role model should not be doing anything bad. When you compare Britney Spears to Lindsay Lohan they both seem very similar. But to me I feel that Lindsay has made bigger mistakes in her life. Recently she has been involved in drinking and driving cases and I think she is still have issues with it. While Britney has had an accident or two she has not gone to that extreme of endangering someone else’s life. Britney has very recently been in the spotlight; a judge ordered that Britney’s ex-husband be granted full physical custody of her children. Because Britney has been having trouble with drugs and partying. But no custody order is final, all Britney has to do is straighten up and prove to the court that she is a good mother and will take care of her children. Then she’ll have custody of her children. In the end I would say Britney and Lindsay are both bad role models. Both have had tons of mistakes, some more serious than others but the question is, will they learn from their mistakes?
Personally, when I was growing up I didn’t care for either Britney or Lindsey. I think Britney has more issues going on in her life than Lindsey. Britney use to be a nice, normal girl. Now she is in and out of rehab and shaving her head… what happened to her? I remember back in grade school when I would dance and sing along with Britney, but now she is too busy with her messed up life to think about her career. It is crazy to think that was only five years ago. It only took five years for everyone to wonder what Britney is doing now. She is an icon in America and I think that is just sad. Britney should not be an American icon; she isn’t a good role model for kids. She gets drunk and marries high school sweat-hart, Jason Alexander, in Las-Vegas then divorces him in less than sixty hours. She has done drugs to driving with her kids on her lap. She is not stable. Britney once made a “death list” and was on suicide watch. She has broken down many times and thinks that her thoughts are getting recorded. It makes you wonder what celebrity does to a person. If you think of the Mickey Mouse girl and compare her to the person she is today… total turn around. I wonder where she went wrong. Was it the break-up with Justin Timberlake or was it something else. Stardom can change a person to become a weird helpless soul. Look at the popular celebrity magazines, all of them have pictures and stories on celebrities going in and out of rehab. And the sad thing is that, we look up to these people, that’s how they have jobs and yet they are doing drugs and getting into trouble. What a great way to represent America.
First of all I do not really understand what the question is supposed to be asking. Which one is the lesser of the two evils? But if I had to pick one over the other I guess it would be Lindsey Lohan. I picked her because she at least does not have kids, so she is not screwing up her children’s life. Britney Spears has children which means she needs to be more responsible. She has shown her irresponsibility by the no panties picture, driving with her baby, failing to show up to take her drug test, and she sucked at the music awards. This is why she lost her kids in the custody battle. She has had a rough time dealing with all the porosities. Now I am not saying that Lindsey is an angle. She has also been very irresponsible. For example, she was driving intoxicated and crashed her Mercedes bins and was cited with a DUI. She has been at rehabilitation center numerous of times. I do not think those kinds of centers work because she still has not learned from her mistakes. I am probably not a very reliable source so do not quote me. I have gotten all my information from Entertainment Tonight (ET), the radio, and through talking to other people. I believe they both have started out to be very successful and then I guess they could not with stand they pressure or something. Maybe they just had two much money they did not know what to do with it? Or maybe they caved to some kind of peer-pressure? I wonder if they will ever turn their life around because then they will be a good story to tell for many years afterward. Britney started off with a very cute teenager and then tried to go too sluty too quick or something. But I have to admit I think I was in fourth grade when it came out and I love it. Lindsey started out with Parent Trap the movie acting as the twins, and then she just took off from there with all kinds of movies: Freaky Friday, Just My Luck, and Mean Girls. I kind of feel bad for the two of them because I cannot help but think all the publicity has made their situations worse.
I don’t really care for either one of them but if I had to choose it would be Lindsay Lohan. Between the two of them they have had their bad share of bad choices over the years and it will continue for years to come. Lindsay Lohan has been in and out of rehab and has stayed there for a slightly longer time than Brittany and seems to be trying a little harder to make a turn around, not much harder though. Brittany keeps making mistake after mistake though, as of yesterday she does not have custody of her kids only visitation hours, and they are know questioning her about abusing her kids. All the things that they do I feel like can be totally changed, they do not learn from their mistakes clearly. Right after Lindsay got out of rehab though she totaled her new Mercedes around a poll while intoxicated. A couple positives about Lindsay is that she does not have children, so she doesn’t have that extra responsibility that Brittany has. Brittany is one of the most least responsible people in Hollywood. Lindsay has also made some decent movies over the years, actually one of my favorites is Mean Girls, and I think she did a good job for the role. She has her moments of good decisions but it is very limited! Lindsay was a cute girl when she was making the Parent Trap I really did not think she would be turning into a disaster like the other young kids that are famous at such a young age. The hardest thing for Brittany and Lindsay is that everything they do they are looked at so closely, they are always being followed by a camera, it would be very hard to go through life like that! It is really too bad these two young girls have basically really screwed up their lives because they are very talented.
Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan have been painted all over the news since they first got big. If I had to choose between them it would be Lindsay Lohan. I would choose her mostly because she does not have any children. Deciding to have children is very life changing and comes with a huge responsibility. It is basically putting another person’s life in your hands. Sometimes I think they do this stuff just to get attention. But, I do have a little sympathy for Lindsay Lohan. Her addictive personality probably was a little bit genetic because of her father. Knowing that her father was a drug abuser and alcoholic but now sober make me give her a little sympathy. It is the big six and seven figure pay checks that messes everything up. Yes, it is nice to get paid that much money and not have to worry about money for the rest of your life. However, the money just seems to go to the star’s heads. They seriously take their money for granted and go waste it on nice cars and drugs. It would be much better if they were really conservative or put their resources to a better cause like charity. I know it is not easy to turn your life around. I know this first hand because I have had some friends go through some bad drug and alcohol addictions. Some went to rehab and fixed their lives others went on with the same spiel. With Lindsay Lohan she just does not seem to care about fixing her life. I think it is people like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, or Paris Hilton that really put a bad name out for actors and actresses. They could really put their lives and career on the line with all this bad publicity. No one would want to work with them and I do not blame them. Even though I chose Lindsey over Britney they are both stubborn, stuck up, rich snobs who do not care for anything but themselves. There are a lot of good actors and actresses who live their lives happily and successfully with no problems. These young men and women do not know how to handle stressful situations on their own.
Britney or Lindsey that is the question? If I had to choose between the two, I would usually select choice “C” or none of the above. However, between the two, no hands down I would select Britney in a heartbeat. Britney won me over almost eight years ago when I first saw her prancing around high school hallways in a school girl outfit. Not to mention all the hits she has had in her career. Britney use to be my childhood heart throb. I never had pictures of her, but I did steal my sisters CD cases to look at her pictures in it. Even though Britney has been on a decline with her career after her marriages with that one dude and K-fed, and not to mention the drugs and alcohol and her shaving her head, no hands down I would still pick Britney in a heartbeat. The easiest way to say it that Britney has me “crazy.” Although I made it relevant that I would choose Britney, I never want to give up the opportunity to make fun of Lindsey Lohan. Let me simply state that the only two times that I have ever liked Lindsey was in the Parent Trap and in Mean Girls. And the only reason why I liked her in Mean Girls, was due to her cast of ‘plastics’ she surrounded herself with. Lindsey needs to lay off the coke and wear some cloths once in a while that cover up her pail tangerine skin pigment. Lindsey Lohan should stay in rehab like my girl Britney, however, I know Britney will get her life back together because her and her younger sister Zoe are going to be the next Hailey and Hillary Duff of Hollywood. LONG LIVE BRITNEY
Being a college freshman male, both of these girls are quite attractive. So coming from the physical standpoint of things, I feel they both are pretty even. Back in Brittany Spears' prime she was a gorgeous,successful, and respectable person. Her music was pretty decent and she was a good entertainer. Now that Brittany Spears has completely screwed up her career I have no more respect for her as a entertainer or a person. It is clear that Brittany Spears is definitely no longer a good role model as seen by several drug/rehab issues, publicized promiscuity, public vulgarity, etc. I feel that anyone who was given the opportunity and fame that she was given and is stupid enough to jeopardize, deserves to lose all respect. She married Kevin Federline for all the wrong reasons. She did not do it out of love, it was too spontaneous. The success of their relationship clearly conveys this. Lindsay Lohan is more respectable I think. Lindsay Lohan has had some very successful movies such as the parent trap, freaky friday, mean girls, etc. Lindsay Lohan, up until recently, has portrayed herself in a fairly respectable fashion. I am not neglecting the fact that within the past year she has been using drugs, passing out in public places, and was convicted of a DUI. However, I have more lenience on Lindsay Lohan because she is younger. I feel like, although she hasn't made the most respectable choices, she is going through a phase that a lot of people in their late teens/ early twenties go through. It is unfortunate that she is being publicized which makes her look like a horrible person, but that's what happens when you are a celebrity. Brittany Spears has experienced many of the same things but is also much older than Lindsay Lohan and in my opinion is expected to be more mature, especially because she is a mother. If I had to pick between the two, I would definitely go with Lindsay Lohan. She isn't so far gone, like Brittany Spears, that her reputation of being classy cannot be salvaged. I think Lindsay Lohan is talented, pretty, and still has potential to be something admirable. Just as a side note.... I'm not a huge fan of girls with shaved heads. I feel thats my job.
Although I would rather not choose either Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears, I guess since I have to choose, I would pick Lindsay Lohan. The reason for this is because Lindsay Lohan used to be a sweet little girl. I remember when I first saw Parent Trap with her in it I loved it. Also, she is or at least used to be a somewhat decent actress. She was also the star of Mean Girls and Freaky Friday which were favorites of a lot of teenagers around the country. Also, I think Lindsay Lohan used to have an awesome fashion sense. She always wore the nicest dresses to her premieres. And even though I didn’t listen to her music, I thought it was cool that she was trying to also get in on the music scene. Also since Lindsay is still single or at least without children, she is not screwing up some innocent person’s life like Britney Spears. However, since Lindsay started to party and picked out some pretty bad friends, she has turned to drugs and alcohol. By doing this she started to not show up on time for her movie shoots. I think if Lindsay had not wasted all of her time partying and getting high she would have a lot more movies now. Now if we ever see her in a movie again she will have probably had a very hard time getting it because her reputation as a good worker and decent human being has gone out the window. On the other hand, Britney Spears started out her career as a good girl gone bad or at least as a good girl starting to go bad. Even in Britney’s first album, each successive single that was released had more and more controversy. It seems that everything Britney has ever done has been deliberately planned or messed up somehow in order to get more publicity. Her infamous break-up with Justin Timberlake all the way to her saying she wants to be a “young mom” and then her turning around and marrying a backup dancer who already has two kids out of wedlock has been absolutely crazy. It seems like Britney also never had any morals to think about when making her decisions because she always seems to pick the choices that the rest of America is saying to her, “are you crazy?” The fact now is that she has two kids and is going through a mental breakdown with no one to really support her. I also heard that she is losing her kids to her ex-husband because of her obscene habits and actions. In reality, both of these girls just need a wake-up call and some serious rehabilitation for a very long time. I think if both of them just got out of Hollywood then they can get back to a normal person’s life. As it stands right now, both girls will never regain their careers back because their reputations are ruined forever.
Personally I would choose neither. I feel that both Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are both bad role models. Britney started out her career as a fairly good role model. She was your average girl next door singing pop songs, but as she grew older her clothing became sexier and her concerts and videos became provocative and adult. Then she started making some not so good decisions. Granted everyone makes bad choices but most people learn from them. Celebrities are also held up to higher standards and they need to keep in mind that young, impressionable kids are captivated by them and will read anything that has to do with them. Lindsay Lohan on the other hand has had a slightly worse experience. She started out as the wholesome girl on Disney’s Lizzie McGuire and everyone was excited when she transitioned to the big screen. Lindsay started on a downward spiral. First rumors were spreading that she had an eating disorder and pictures surfaced of her and her fib cage or spine as being very prominent. Next she starts partying with Paris Hilton at all the clubs and she was only eighteen. How can an eighteen year old girl get alcohol from a club? Don’t get me wrong I’m not naïve but people could get in trouble for serving her alcohol. Then there’s the issue of occasions where illegal substances were involved. Lindsay was involved in a few incidents of driving while under the influence of alcohol. She only got one day to be served in jail and for some reason that just doesn’t add up. I feel that these two are getting preferential treatment for being in the public eye twenty-four seven. Finally, there was speculation about whether Britney was a responsible parent. She was going out every night and leaving them at home, questions also arose about her parenting skills. I know people make mistakes as a first time mom, but some of the things that they say she was doing with her children are not acceptable. For example they say that she was keeping her children up late, not allowing them to nap, and giving them soda to drink. Now she has had to turn her kids over to her ex-husband Kevin Federline. Both women have tried to go to rehab to get the help that they needed, but after only a few days they checked out. I don’t know how you can get better if you don’t put forth the effort. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan both need to get their acts together before I see any of them the way I did before they started going down the wrong path.
Although currently neither of these girls should be looked at as good “role models”, I would have to choose Lindsay Lohan over Brittany Spears. Both of these girls entered the Hollywood lifestyle at a very early age. Brittany started off as a cute, little, innocent girl singing her way through The Mickey Mouse Club. Her talent was recognized and she took off from there. Releasing several top of the chart songs and albums, Brittany became a teen idol for many young girls. Lindsay’s movie career started as a young girl, taking on two roles in The Parent Trap. Lindsay then stared in Freaky Friday and then was really recognized in her best role yet, Mean Girls. Catching the eye of many teenage boys, Lindsay was idolized by boys and girls. In the recent year, both girls’ careers took a turn for the worst. Brittany had two children and then suffered an ugly divorce. She’d get caught out late drinking and partying with other young pop/movie stars and caught getting out of the car “inappropriately”. The next big scenario was Brittany shaving her head completely bald. Her ex-husband, Kevin Federline, wasn’t able to take their mothers behavior anymore, so Brittany just recently this week, lost custody of her children. Lindsay has had a number of her episodes as well. However, I feel she has her share of family issues that may have caused her to be this way. Lindsay has been caught with DUI’s and seen completely drunk in clubs and other late nights. She was entered into rehab and was just recently released. Out of the two girls, I think Lindsay would be able to change her life and get back on track. I feel that she got a lot out of rehab and will be able to make better decisions. With the loss of her children, I feel that Brittany might even end up crazier than she is now, if possible.
If I had to choose between Brittney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, I think I would have to choose Lindsay. I used to like both of them but now they have turned into people that just make you want to yell at them. They are supposed to be setting an example for young girls today but all they are doing is partying and getting in trouble. Both of these ladies need and intervention, I do not think they realize what they are doing to young people today. Our society is just getting worse and worse when it comes to drugs and alcohol and these kids are looking for people to tell them what they should do and when celebrities are out parting all the time and having to go to rehab all those kids think is …hmm this must not be too bad maybe I should try it. But, I would defiantly have to say the Lindsay is the lesser of the two evils, just because she does not have kids to worry about, Brittney is out doing all these things when she has little ones that need her. You would think that once you have a kid you would stop doing childish things and grown up so that you would be able to take care of your own child but, I guess not for some people. The worst part about it is that she just to be so good, she was clean and wholesome in her music and wardrobe then she changed and so did everything else. I think l Lindsay is not as bad because she has done things to stop her addiction like rehab and she also is still a kid, she doesn’t have a child at home waiting for her when she goes out. Right now, all she has to worry about is herself and so even though I do not agree with the things she does I do think that she is a little better then Brittney at this point in time. Who knows it could change but right now Lindsay is the person I would choose if I had to choose one of them. She made good clean movies like Freaky Friday, Mean girls, Just my Luck, etc. and she was always respectable. So, that is why I would choose Lindsay.
Brittney Spears or Lindsay Lohan? That’s a good question. I personally would choose neither, or both if you were talking about the biggest screw up. When both of them were young they had good promising careers that had good futures if they could work hard and just behave. Once they got older and realized that the rules don’t apply to them, they realized that they could get away with anything and started doing whatever they wanted. It seems like once they made a ton of money, they did not want to work hard, and started making bad decisions. Lindsay started her career doing kid shows when she was young. She did a couple of movies and became really popular because of them. Brittney started her career in music with a few hits and some popular music videos. She gained popularity with the more CDs she released. Both of their careers were getting a little cold and they started making bad decisions. The publicity from their mistakes has put a bad light on them. But that’s what you get for breaking the law and getting away with it. I predict that neither of them are going to be in the making of any big movies or television shows in the near future. I would hope that no one would want to work with them after their awful actions. These girls are a prime example of how rich and famous people can let all their fame and wealth go to their heads. They just think they can do whatever they want and now have to worry about getting in trouble because they can pay their way out of everything. I think that people who look up to famous, rich people need to find some new role models. If I was forced to pick one that I liked more, then I would have to say Lindsay. She has a little more sense than Brittney, and has not made as many stupid mistakes.
I really don’t have a favorite one. Both of them at a young age were example and role models for little girls that wanted to become famous. Right know I have to say that neither of them can be use as example. The decision that both of them have made has not only affected there career personally but also it affect the way that their fans see them. For example Britney Spears was part of the Mickey Mouse Club in Disney and started to become famous trough it. So she was seen as a big example and a big role model for girls but the year passed and the figure that was one a sweet loving girl turn into a drug user , with no stable relationships that lead to divorce and that not a good example for young girls to follow. On the other hand Lindsay Lohan was a very famous young actress that appear in a couple of movies that lunch here career like for example Parent Trap and Freaky Friday young girls so this movies and started dreaming of being Lindsay Lohan because she was a good role model at the time. Lindsay to my understanding always had a good projection on the other hand Britney hear but went she become a singer after leaving the Mickey Mouse Club here reputation was damage due to a couple of decisions that she made like for example the way that she projected herself in videos leaved the young girls with a sour taste because the role model that they use to want to be know was like a sex figure that man wanted. Lindsay Lohan was a great example of success as an actress until recently here drugs and alcohol problems were reveal. So I have to say that if they make me choose between the two and really I don’t have a liking for neither of them. I have to say Lohan because she kept the good example for girls for more time than Britney.
I do not care for her or for Britney not just cause of their problems. I have never been a fan of the movies of Lindsey or the songs by Britney. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are two of the most controversial celebrities. One has mothering problems the other drug problems. They have been the center of attention for their problems. Lindsay was a good kid so we though, she grew up young in a bad environment. She was a star when she was young and through the years, she’s been introduced to drugs, alcohol, money, and possession things. Recently Lindsay has reportedly been placed in a rehab center exclusive for Hollywood stars. She has been involved with drugs for a few years now and her career has plummeted downward. Many people speculate that she will regain her status as a strong talent in the field. Considering I have not thought about it much or even care if I had to pick I wouldn't want her to succeed. It really has no effect on the quality of movies or songs put out. I think she was a horrible actress and horrible singer. Britney really has nothing left. She just lost her kids to K-Fed and is constantly in the media. One of her problems is partying; this is one thing that Lindsay and Britney have in common. Lindsay doesn’t have kids yet and it’s not to daring to say she might and they might be taken away. Probably not but who would of thought she would be where she is. I find all their news funny now because it’s at the point where I go grow up. Both girls are seen out on the party scene with Paris Hilton. They all show up drunk and flashing the world (cough cough Britney) and driving their expensive car. What kind of musician shows up wearing no underwear, I mean she has to know the paparazzi is going to be out. It’s somewhat obvious that she doesn’t really care about her image along with Lindsay.
The question that was brought about was Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears? Personally I don’t care about either one of them but I would have to go with Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey Lohan is more of an entertainer than Britney Spears because of her acting skills. I also choose Lindsey Lohan because she had to deal with success at an earlier age than Britney Spears. Even though both are completely out of control and are living the “rock star” life style Lindsey Lohan was dealing with success and fame at the age of six when she was in the parent trap. I do have to say that it is hard for Britney Spears because she had such a high rise to fame at a critical age of 16 when most teenagers are dealing with homecoming and prom issues and the so called stress of high school Britney was dealing with performing in front of millions of people and media on a daily basis. If you look at either one and ask if they are role models I’m sure the answer for every American is NO! Both have drug addictions. Lindsey has gone to rehab multiple times Britney got married to a guy out of nowhere and had two children which she clearly wasn’t ready for. Britney has been in mental institutions for depression and drugs as well. At the fact that Britney wanted to get custody of her children and did not show up to court hearing shows that Britney is not a good role model for anyone. If anything what these two young ladies have shown the world is what can happen to million and billionaires when they have nothing else to do. They have so much success and they are looking for that next high. When entertaining does not bring that since of happiness or if they do not entertain anymore they will go to other sources to find pleasure. In Britney’s case she married spontaneously and that ended up failing. She then moved to alcohol and, drugs which have lead her to the where she is today a lost career and a screwed up life with two children. Lindsey is in the same boat but has not gone as far as Britney, yet. These two entertainers are the result of young children growing up in success and fame and the after math of what happens when it is over.
I really prefer neither, however if I did have to choose one I would say Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan has not conducted herself as bad as Britney Spears has. There are many things that Britney Spears has done that make her appear as irresponsible. Lindsay Lohan has been put in the spotlight since she was little. Even though she has made herself appear anorexic and has admitted to it, she always gets help with her problems. Since she was a teenager, she has been partying and going to clubs every night, which is something people that young should do. Also I understand her troubles a little more because of how her dad was. It was not the perfect childhood to deal with a horrible father. Finally her family recognized that she had a problem, and they have put her in rehab. So now she is recovering however it is not what Britney Spears is doing. Recently, we have seen Britney Spears just fall apart. First off why Lindsay Lohan is better than Britney Spears is she doesn’t have any kids. If she did, I guarantee she would probably not treat her kids as poorly as Britney Spears. Any dud can take care of her kids better than her. First off, she wasn’t even at the court hearing of her children. Instead she went to Starbucks. Other incidents with her kid was dropping her kid or driving with one of her kids on her lap. There were so many other incidents where she has made paparazzi stunts. First there was the shaving of the head which is completely ridiculous. She obviously is on something because no one in their right mind would do that. Even if some people were on something, they would not do it. Then she was smashing in someone’s windshield. Then we finally thought she was going to get help, and she goes to rehab for a day or two. The VMA’s everyone saw her look like a fool too. Don’t forget about those shots of her getting out of the car which did not make her look too attractive either. Movie wise I love Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls compared to Britney Spears in her fabulous movie, Crossroads, which I have seen sadly a million times. But music wise you can’t help but say that Britney Spears is better. Lindsay Lohan had released a couple songs, but they weren’t that great. Career wise, I think Lindsay Lohan will come back with a comeback. Britney Spears may have more trouble. Even though she is having “Gimme More” becoming more popular, she’ll probably still have another breakdown. Then career will have a downfall again. The difference between Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan is that at least Lindsay Lohan is trying to change her life. She is in rehab and attempting to stay away from the media while Britney Spears is calling the media for them to see the incidents. The worst part of this blog is that it is embarrassing how I do know all the incidents from each of these people.
Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears both have a lot of problems in their lives right now. I don’t care for either, however, if I had to choose I would go with Lindsay Lohan. She is messed up, but not as bad as Britney is. Britney Spears is not just messing up one life, she has kids who are being effected by her drug problems, and that is just not acceptable. Lindsay gained her fame in a more settle way than Britney. Lindsay didn’t have to go off of her sex appeal to get noticed. She made movies for teenagers to enjoy. Britney had to dance around in little skirts to get noticed by the public. She wasn’t even a very good singer when she became famous. I have never had any respect for Britney, even before she got addicted to drugs. When Britney had her first child, that should have been her clue to settle down and raise a normal family; but she didn’t and that is what makes her so immature. A drug addiction is obviously a big deal, but lots of people get them and don’t go to rehab to get better. At least Lindsay went to rehab and is sticking with it to get better. Britney is just trying to make a statement, because she doesn’t stay in rehab for more than a week at a time. She just wants people to think that she is trying to deal with her problems when really she isn’t. When I was young if I could have dated either girl, I would have picked Britney. Now that I see what she has done with her life, I’m glad I didn’t date her when I had the chance. Britney event asked me out in the sixth grade, but I told her no because I knew that she was going to grow up to be a giant screw up. If Lindsay would have wanted to date me when I was young I probably would have, thinking that I could stop her from getting addicted to drugs when she gets older. In the end, I don’t like either girls, and don’t care what they do with their lives. I have my own life, with my own problems, and I don’t need to be living and critiquing how they mess their lives up. My life wouldn’t be any different if either girl were never born into this world. I don’t pay attention to their lives and never will.
To choose between Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan is like deciding between rotten cauliflower and rotten broccoli. Neither of them were that good when they were fresh and then they went horribly bad. I have to be honest and say that I cannot even choose one over the other, no matter what the criteria. I never really liked Britney Spears’ music that much and Lindsey Lohan’s movies weren’t all the great either. I must confess, I only watched the Parent Trap. But let’s think about that one for a little bit. She was acting as identical twins in a remake of a movie. That’s really not that hard; besides the original was better, like they always are. So I don’t even like the things that are going good for both of them. It’s also extremely hard to say out of their problems, which one is not as bad. I’m also not very informed about what all of their problems are because I don’t pay attention to either of them. I don’t read entertainment magazines nor do I watch when either of them are on the television. I have better things to do than keep up on their lives; just like I have better things to be doing than write about them in this essay. Like study for a Religion midterm, write and revise a philosophy paper, do physics homework, and study for a calculus test to name a few. When considering Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan, I don’t think that you can say one is better than the other, no matter what you use as your grounds of analyzing them.
Neither can sing, neither are very good actors and both have been to rehab. What is making the decision of choosing either Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan extremely difficult is not how great of a person one or the other is or how much talent there is when you see them on stage but how equally horrible they are in all aspects of their career as well as life. For the assignment you are asking me to choose one of them and if I must I would have to pick Lindsay Lohan. Although, Lohan is better of two evils finding something approving to speak of about her is going to be more difficult then writing a ten page paper on all the things wrong with her. In picking Lohan as better then Spears I looked past the recent news and concentrated on the films that she was producing a few years ago before the mainstream media got a grasp on her. Movies like Parent Trap, Freaky Friday and Mean Girls are all movies that kids and adults alike can go and enjoy without having to worry about seeing obsessive drinking, drug use, and the constant usage of bad language. Looking back this many years ago you might have been able to say that Lindsay Lohan was a respectable actor and a good role model for children. We all know that it is very rare for an actor who is constantly annoyed by the publicity to come out of Hollywood with a clean record but a lot of young girls were hoping that Lindsay Lohan would be one of the few. Like many in the past she has lost the respect of most of her fans and has made a fool of herself in the eye of the public. Lohan only being the age of 21 has already been in and out of rehab arrested for driving under the influence and has been seen partying with such stars as Paris Hilton and Nicole Riche who like Lohan now are not the best people in the eyes of the public. Brittany Spears on the other hand has also been in and out of rehab and is looked down upon as one of the worst performers in the eyes of the older generation. She has been showing skin since she left the Mickey Mouse Club which from what I have seen is the only time I have seen her sing without showing almost all of her skin. She has two children and is not married which is not very popular among most of the world’s population. If I had to choose between Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears which I think is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life I would choose Lohan. Lohan’s past has been better then Spear’s but now they are heading along the same path in life.
Lindsay Lohan would be the celebrity of choice for me because she is a good singer and a good actor. As I guy I think she is good looking and would love to know her. Well, that beside the fact that she is an alcoholic and does drugs. I think these people in Hollywood are under a spotlight all of the time. When Lindsay got pulled over for DUI she would have it all over national news. If a normal person would do this then it would be a little slap on the wrist and then they would go about their lives. I think it is horrible that each celebrity in this country has to be harped on because they do some things that are wrong. Each person should be treated the same way. If a normal person is going to go out and get a DUI they should be on national news also. On the other hand I think that celebrities are looked up to by the youth society of America and they should have a good image. If kids see their idols do these bad things all over the news they might be less likely to do them. Each person has to realize that each person in the celebrity status has a lot of money and then can use it for good things, or they can abuse and it and use it on drugs that can ruin their lives. I think this might be a problem with celebrities that become famous at a young age because they cannot handle all the stress and fame so they resort to other ways they can get a fix. Furthermore, I think that Lindsay Lohan is a good person she just has her life going in the wrong direction and she just has to correct it.
Personally, I do not really have an opinion of the two. But if I had to choose, it would be Lindsay Lohan because I feel that she has actually set a decent example for younger children earlier in her life. I do not think that Britney Spears has set a good example for any child, she has gotten arrested many times and has not learned from her mistakes. She has been in and out of rehabilitation centers for many years now. She has not set good examples for girls that are growing, she is always wearing very risky outfits that are showing her belly and a lot of times showing way to much, which influences children to be more risky in their lives. The things that she sings about are very unfitting for young teenage girls to listen to. I feel that Lindsay Lohan even though she has gone through some crazy times, i think that she is really trying to clean up her life and make it better. In her early years she made some great films that young girls were able to relate to. She made films that pleases young teenage gorls as well as their parents, such as The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls. She became a role model for these girls. Even though she has become really crazy I still feel that she is trying to clean up her life.
Between Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, I would choose Lindsay Lohan for many reasons. These reasons vary from kids to appearance. Lindsey Lohan has not acted as bad as Britney has. Although, both of the celebrities have made very bad decisions Britney Spears has done much worse. Lindsey Lohan has performed many wrong decisions in the past couple of years. Before these years, she was a good teenager who made the right decisions. She was an idol to many young girls because of her movies and her lifestyle. Parents did not have to be concerned when Lindsey was younger, but now they worry about their children looking up to her. Brittney was the same until after her first CD came out. Then she started to wear very inappropriate clothing, and made wrong decisions. She started to sing about very inappropriate things. Her decisions have gotten worse. Although Lindsey Lohan has made bad decisions, they are not as bad as Britney’s. Lindsey Lohan uses many drugs, drinks accessibly, and drives while she is impaired. She has become a constant partier and is leading a terrible and unhealthy lifestyle. On the other hand, Britney Spears has done this and more. She got married in Las Vegas to a guy she hardly knew, which lead to having two children. Her children were recently given over to her ex-husband, due to the fact that she makes the wrong decisions and cannot support them. She does everything Lindsey does but with her children, making her not only a bad person but also a terrible mother. Both of them were once good role models but now they are terrible role models. However, Britney Spears’ actions are much more severe than Lindsey Lohan’s actions. They wear inappropriate clothes, drink accessibly, and do drugs. The only thing that makes Britney Spears worse is that she does all of these things while watching after her children. Thankfully, the court has taken away her children. Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears are terrible role models, but Lindsey Lohan is the better choice.
When it comes down to Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears it is a tough decision. Neither one is a very good role model. Lindsey Lohan with her cocaine addictions and spells with bulimia is no better than Spears addiction to pain killers. Both of them have serious issues which makes it hard to choose. Although, Britney Spears was a part of the Mickey Mouse Club as a young girl, and back when she was younger she was innocent and talented. But then again, Lindsey Lohan was the same way back in the day when she was in The Parent Trap. Both Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears both have their black marks on their records. However, if you look past that to back in the day before their records were smudged; you can still recall the innocent little girls of yester-year. I think that if I had to choose I would probably choose Britney Spears over Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey Lohan seems to have more issues in today’s age. She has been in and out of rehabilitation centers multiple times, and although Britney has too she has more reason to get herself better. Spears has children that if she ever wants to get them back she has to get serious about rehab. Lohan is a little bit wilder and the only thing she’s got going for her is The Parent Trap remake. However, that is a remake. Britney Spears was on The Mickey Mouse Club as a young girl. She was a very popular singer a few years ago. I would choose Britney Spears based on her past. Before she lost her innocence she was just the nice girl that sang and nothing more.
Umm…I don’t exactly care for either of the two, but I guess since I have to choose, I would choose the coke addict, Lindsay Lohan. She’s had a good little run and a few good movies before her little addiction. Mean Girls was my favorite I have to admit. I love that movie because for once it tells the real story of high school being such a challenge. Lindsey played a great role as the girl who was new to school trying to be-friend everyone. She be-friends the “popular girls” and they in turn butcher her reputation which she has to work to gain back in the end. Lindsay Lohan was a good role model for little girls in the beginning in her “Parent Trap” days, whereas Britney Spears has never really been a good role model, especially on her first album cover…um really I think the bad catholic girl look has been just a tad-bit played out. Nowadays neither girl should be anyone’s role model. Spears needs to be in someone’s looney bin and Lohan needs some sort of intervention and she needs real parents. I really give it to Lohan, happily she’s not going around teaching little girls to wear teeny tiny skirts or teaching them to show their whoo-ha’s in public.
I would have to go with Lindsey Lohan because although both of them are not the ideal role model I think that Lindsey has kept her life a little more together. Although they have been the butt of many celebrity jokes and the highlight of many tabloids Lindsey has a few less problems. Although I miss her I’m those cute movies like parent trap I think her new image and career as a singer and her more recent movies such as Georgia Rule. Britney although she had a booming career by the looks of her most recent performance her career has come to a close. Britney has had 2 kids which were both not intentional and now have to grow up in a world full of madness and instability. She also had her head shaved in an attempt to stick it to the man so she did not have to submit to a drug test. But she forgot about the fact that she has eyebrows and eyelashes and therefore lost both her children to her drug dealing ex-husband. I don’t think that Lindsey would ever do something like that I think she has a little bit more of class than Britney. Britney started out cute and innocent but I think that a mother of 2 should not be running around from club to club doing god knows what. Also Britney has some close calls with social services because her kids have almost fallen out of cars and she has almost dropped them multiple times. I think that over all Lindsey is a little better off than Britney I can’t really call either of them a good person or even say that one is a better person than the other because both of them have hit their own personal rock bottom. But I do think that Lindsey is at least trying to dig herself out of a hole but Britney just keeps digging hers deeper.
This is a very tough decision. I am not really f fan of either Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan I would have to say that I prefer Lindsey. I believe that both of these ladies at one point had so much potential and opportunity before them, and they both managed to screw it up. I was a large fan of Lindsey Lohan earlier in her career because she seemed like a nice wholesome girl. She ended up following the path that so many Hollywood stars take. She began to hang out with a bad crowd, and now she is a drug addict. I have to prefer her over Britney Spears simply because her screw ups in life do not affect anyone but herself. Britney Spears has made some stupid decisions, and these decisions affect not only her, but her children as well. It is not exactly easy for a child to deal with his or her parents separating let alone all of the stupid things she does to get herself in the tabloids. I can’t help but feel bad for her kids as they will grow up having to deal with all of the madness. The former pop star that every adolescent boy in the country had a crush on is now reduced to the village idiot. Lindsey Lohan isn’t much better with the drug charges, DUI’s, and other crazy shenanigans she pulls. The difference for me is that Lindsey continues to put out movies, and still cares about her career. Britney Spears hasn’t done anything for a long time, and she just rides the fame she acquired from her singing days. I wouldn’t spend money on anything either of these two ladies have worked on, or starred in but if I had to chose I would chose Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey’s past career seemed more wholesome and respectable than that of Britney Spears. I believe that it takes more talent to be an actor or actress because of the fact that you never know when a singer is pretending to sing as the stereo system plays her music (Ashlee Simpson anyone?). In my opinion both of these girls are wastes of talent, and shouldn’t be giving much fame of credit anymore. Neither of them are respectable people that you can admire. The only reason I chose Lindsey is because she isn’t screwing up other people lives as well.
Well I honestly do not care about either Brittany Spears of Lindsay Lohan. They have both turned their perfect lives into a giant shambles. It seems to be some sort of a trend that young child stars grow up and lose control of their lives. The way fame hits people as they grow older is quit devastating to see. If I had to chose on over the other it would have to be Lindsay Lohan. She is a girl that seems to have just fallen in with the wrong crowd of people. It is sad to see someone who you remember as a 12 year old in The Parent Trap in such a crazy messed up life. I feel it is possible for her to come out of this situation if she really wants to. The fact that she is going to rehab to help herself is good. It may also be useful to find another group of friends to hang out with, ones that do not party as hard as her current group. In comparison to Brittany at least Lindsay does not have kids that she is harming at the same time she is hurting herself. Lindsay was always suck a good girl in my opinion but eventually I guess everyone has to hit a bad streak in their life. Its also sad to think of little 16 year old Brittany singing songs like Soda Pop and Baby One More Time, they were so simple and so angelic. Her way of life is completely of balanced no longer being able to identify what is right or wrong. The fact that she tried to defend herself when getting caught driving around with her babies on her lap is ridiculous. What women would justify such an act. Lindsay is a girl that had a successful life and in getting mixed up with the wrong crowd has nearly ruined her reputation as an actress. And is no longer a role model for young teenage girls. Britney too has changed a lot since her start on The Mickey Mouse Club a cute little girl dancing around with Justin Timberlake.
I guess it all depends on the context of the question. I don't think either of these young women are of any use to society except costing tax payers money to fix the streets the wreck on. They're both addicted to controlled substances. Neither one of them are attractive any more either. Its almost sad how far they've come and then snorted it away. I don't really know too much about the either of them. That's all I've got to say I guess?
Britney or Lindsay actually, I do not have a favorite one. When they were young, they were a role model for little girls that wanted to become famous. They are supposed to be setting a good example for young girls today. Today all the things that they are doing is partying and getting in trouble. Both of them have made a big mistake in their life and role model should not be doing anything bad. Britney Spears is a star and her stardom has grown from the "Mickey House Club". She had two children and suffered from the divorce. She did a stupid thing which is she shaved her head totally bald. Her ex-husband Kevin Federline could not take their mothers behavior anymore, so this week Britney lost custody of her children. Lindsay Lohan was a good kid; she grew up young in a bad environment. She was a star when she was young and through the years, she’s been introduced to drugs, alcohol, money, and possession things. Her career has been plummeted downward because she has been involved with drugs. Everyone makes mistakes but not as these extreme mistakes. The mistakes that Britney and Lindsay have made will affect our society because anyone who loves them will follow what they are doing.
Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan? This is a very interesting blog topic. For me this is a very easy question, with a VERY Simply Answer. BRITNEY SPEARS. I have always been one of Britney’s biggest fans, and I do I always kind of had a crush on her. Yes, her music isn’t the best but with these two people nobody really cares about their performances all they care about how they look, and in some sort of way their public appeal. I know in the past couple of years Britney has done things that she would regret, but I mean so has Lindsey lohan, Paris Hilton, and lots of other celebrities these mistakes are what her human, he is not a super child, in fact she is far from that. Let’s take a look at spear’s marriage to k-fed, which was a young mistake that lots of people make they are young and they think they are in love and they marry people at a very young age. The only difference though between these people and spears is that the regular everyday people are not the celebrity that Britney is. And in conclusion I would like to say if I was in a relationship with Britney which some day I will be, I would rather have her sometimes emotion problems than lohan’s cocaine problems. Yes, spears has done drugs, but not to the degree that Lindsay Lohan has.
33 comments:
Though I really don’t care much for either if I had to choose between Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, I would have to go with Lindsay Lohan. Because years ago before the drugs, the partying and the multiple visits to rehab, she made a few good funny movies that parents didn’t have to worry about letting their kids watch them. (i.e. The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Means Girls). Britney Spears, however has never set a good example for little girls. She’s been baring her stomach from the beginning when she was around 16 and things have only gotten racier since then. Both Britney and Lindsay have millions of girls who look up to them and for a while it seemed like Lindsay at least cared she made family movies and stayed pretty conservative for a while. Britney, however has always seemed to be caught up in her own world, never seeming to pay much attention to how her constantly risky outfits were creating trashy baby Britney spears’ all over America.
With all the crazy rumors going around today it is hard to support either girl with good reason, however I still stick behind Lindsay even if she has been in and out of rehab lately. At least she didn’t bring children into this world before she had her own problems worked out. Britney is now in charge of 2 babies and herself. When I first found out she was going to be having a baby a few years ago I was excited to hear it. I thought maybe she was done with the celebrity scene and ready to mature and start a functional family. Today, a few years later, things seem to be the complete opposite of what I was hoping for. Brit’s family is far from functional, she’s becoming more immature every day and she’s desperately trying to get back in on the celebrity scene. Britney had everything going for her and she seemingly threw it away. Lindsay however, got caught up in today’s party scene that is hard to avoid for today’s young stars. But at least she’s working at getting her act back together. She had her low point but every day you see in the news or tabloids that she’s working at getting better, either in rehab or just taking it easy not partying. And while the tabloids aren’t an entirely reliable source, there must be some truth to it. Britney, however seems to be going lower and lower. She continues to shock us, she was gradually declining and when she shaved her head everyone thought that was her lowest point, but unfortunately we were wrong. Brit continues to have drug problems and continues to struggle with being a mother. I don’t have a lot of respect for her decision to bring babies into the world before she had her act together. She had plenty of problems of her own that she needed to work out, but instead she goes and gets herself pregnant TWICE, only putting more on her plate, and guarantying a rough life for her kids.
While I don’t consider either of these woman to be one of my personal role models, if I were forced to pick I would support Lindsay because shes just young and stupid and learning from her mistake, while Britney on the other hand continues to make stupid mistakes and shes not getting any younger.
Since the 1998 premier of The Parent Trap, I have been hooked on Lindsay Lohan. For a while, the only place you really saw her was in small Disney Channel movies. Finally, in 2003 she came out with another movie to hit theatres. Freaky Friday soon became another one of my favorite movies, and not too long after she had another huge hit, Mean Girls. Up until about a year and a half ago, I thought that Lindsay Lohan was one of the most beautiful and put together young women in Hollywood. I loved the way she dressed, the movies she was in, her choice of guys to date, and pretty much everything else about her. Recently she has done some pretty obnoxious and dumb things that have made her look extremely out of control. She has been seen doing drugs, drunk driving, passing out in public places, and numerous other out of control things. Of course, seeing this caused me to change my mind towards her somewhat. I still think she is very pretty, but I have lost my respect for her because of the way she acts and handles herself as an idol for young teenage girls throughout this country. I will say that no matter how dumb she acts, bad she looks, or how many mistakes she makes, I will never prefer Britney Spears over her. If you ask me, there is a difference between a mother of two children acting so out of control, and a still considerably young actress acting this way. Britney Spears has no respect for anyone; especially not her children. She does not seem to think before she does anything, and it looks as though she does not even have respect for herself. I will say that at least Lindsay Lohan owns up to her actions and apologizes for them most of the time. When she goes to rehab she actually stays there and tries to correct her current problems. Britney Spears has done way too many irresponsible things at this point to ever have any respect from anyone ever again.
That’s a tuff question, both are not the best role models but we all have our problems. Between the two I would have to choose Britney Spears because she is one of the best known singers I the world. Ever since she was a child she was in the spot light, she was part of the “Mickey Mouse Club” and her stardom has grown.
She has made a ton of hit songs and became famous in her late teens and she still grew more famous. She has made more than her fair share of mistakes in her life, but we all have. People just notice hers because after all she is a star and millions of girls look up to her as a role model and a role model should not be doing anything bad.
When you compare Britney Spears to Lindsay Lohan they both seem very similar. But to me I feel that Lindsay has made bigger mistakes in her life. Recently she has been involved in drinking and driving cases and I think she is still have issues with it. While Britney has had an accident or two she has not gone to that extreme of endangering someone else’s life.
Britney has very recently been in the spotlight; a judge ordered that Britney’s ex-husband be granted full physical custody of her children. Because Britney has been having trouble with drugs and partying. But no custody order is final, all Britney has to do is straighten up and prove to the court that she is a good mother and will take care of her children. Then she’ll have custody of her children.
In the end I would say Britney and Lindsay are both bad role models. Both have had tons of mistakes, some more serious than others but the question is, will they learn from their mistakes?
Personally, when I was growing up I didn’t care for either Britney or Lindsey. I think Britney has more issues going on in her life than Lindsey. Britney use to be a nice, normal girl. Now she is in and out of rehab and shaving her head… what happened to her? I remember back in grade school when I would dance and sing along with Britney, but now she is too busy with her messed up life to think about her career. It is crazy to think that was only five years ago. It only took five years for everyone to wonder what Britney is doing now. She is an icon in America and I think that is just sad. Britney should not be an American icon; she isn’t a good role model for kids. She gets drunk and marries high school sweat-hart, Jason Alexander, in Las-Vegas then divorces him in less than sixty hours. She has done drugs to driving with her kids on her lap. She is not stable. Britney once made a “death list” and was on suicide watch. She has broken down many times and thinks that her thoughts are getting recorded.
It makes you wonder what celebrity does to a person. If you think of the Mickey Mouse girl and compare her to the person she is today… total turn around. I wonder where she went wrong. Was it the break-up with Justin Timberlake or was it something else. Stardom can change a person to become a weird helpless soul. Look at the popular celebrity magazines, all of them have pictures and stories on celebrities going in and out of rehab. And the sad thing is that, we look up to these people, that’s how they have jobs and yet they are doing drugs and getting into trouble. What a great way to represent America.
First of all I do not really understand what the question is supposed to be asking. Which one is the lesser of the two evils? But if I had to pick one over the other I guess it would be Lindsey Lohan. I picked her because she at least does not have kids, so she is not screwing up her children’s life. Britney Spears has children which means she needs to be more responsible. She has shown her irresponsibility by the no panties picture, driving with her baby, failing to show up to take her drug test, and she sucked at the music awards. This is why she lost her kids in the custody battle. She has had a rough time dealing with all the porosities. Now I am not saying that Lindsey is an angle. She has also been very irresponsible. For example, she was driving intoxicated and crashed her Mercedes bins and was cited with a DUI. She has been at rehabilitation center numerous of times. I do not think those kinds of centers work because she still has not learned from her mistakes. I am probably not a very reliable source so do not quote me. I have gotten all my information from Entertainment Tonight (ET), the radio, and through talking to other people. I believe they both have started out to be very successful and then I guess they could not with stand they pressure or something. Maybe they just had two much money they did not know what to do with it? Or maybe they caved to some kind of peer-pressure? I wonder if they will ever turn their life around because then they will be a good story to tell for many years afterward. Britney started off with a very cute teenager and then tried to go too sluty too quick or something. But I have to admit I think I was in fourth grade when it came out and I love it. Lindsey started out with Parent Trap the movie acting as the twins, and then she just took off from there with all kinds of movies: Freaky Friday, Just My Luck, and Mean Girls. I kind of feel bad for the two of them because I cannot help but think all the publicity has made their situations worse.
I don’t really care for either one of them but if I had to choose it would be Lindsay Lohan. Between the two of them they have had their bad share of bad choices over the years and it will continue for years to come. Lindsay Lohan has been in and out of rehab and has stayed there for a slightly longer time than Brittany and seems to be trying a little harder to make a turn around, not much harder though. Brittany keeps making mistake after mistake though, as of yesterday she does not have custody of her kids only visitation hours, and they are know questioning her about abusing her kids. All the things that they do I feel like can be totally changed, they do not learn from their mistakes clearly. Right after Lindsay got out of rehab though she totaled her new Mercedes around a poll while intoxicated. A couple positives about Lindsay is that she does not have children, so she doesn’t have that extra responsibility that Brittany has. Brittany is one of the most least responsible people in Hollywood. Lindsay has also made some decent movies over the years, actually one of my favorites is Mean Girls, and I think she did a good job for the role. She has her moments of good decisions but it is very limited! Lindsay was a cute girl when she was making the Parent Trap I really did not think she would be turning into a disaster like the other young kids that are famous at such a young age. The hardest thing for Brittany and Lindsay is that everything they do they are looked at so closely, they are always being followed by a camera, it would be very hard to go through life like that! It is really too bad these two young girls have basically really screwed up their lives because they are very talented.
Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan have been painted all over the news since they first got big. If I had to choose between them it would be Lindsay Lohan. I would choose her mostly because she does not have any children. Deciding to have children is very life changing and comes with a huge responsibility. It is basically putting another person’s life in your hands. Sometimes I think they do this stuff just to get attention. But, I do have a little sympathy for Lindsay Lohan. Her addictive personality probably was a little bit genetic because of her father. Knowing that her father was a drug abuser and alcoholic but now sober make me give her a little sympathy. It is the big six and seven figure pay checks that messes everything up. Yes, it is nice to get paid that much money and not have to worry about money for the rest of your life. However, the money just seems to go to the star’s heads. They seriously take their money for granted and go waste it on nice cars and drugs. It would be much better if they were really conservative or put their resources to a better cause like charity. I know it is not easy to turn your life around. I know this first hand because I have had some friends go through some bad drug and alcohol addictions. Some went to rehab and fixed their lives others went on with the same spiel. With Lindsay Lohan she just does not seem to care about fixing her life. I think it is people like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, or Paris Hilton that really put a bad name out for actors and actresses. They could really put their lives and career on the line with all this bad publicity. No one would want to work with them and I do not blame them. Even though I chose Lindsey over Britney they are both stubborn, stuck up, rich snobs who do not care for anything but themselves. There are a lot of good actors and actresses who live their lives happily and successfully with no problems. These young men and women do not know how to handle stressful situations on their own.
Britney or Lindsey that is the question? If I had to choose between the two, I would usually select choice “C” or none of the above. However, between the two, no hands down I would select Britney in a heartbeat. Britney won me over almost eight years ago when I first saw her prancing around high school hallways in a school girl outfit. Not to mention all the hits she has had in her career. Britney use to be my childhood heart throb. I never had pictures of her, but I did steal my sisters CD cases to look at her pictures in it. Even though Britney has been on a decline with her career after her marriages with that one dude and K-fed, and not to mention the drugs and alcohol and her shaving her head, no hands down I would still pick Britney in a heartbeat. The easiest way to say it that Britney has me “crazy.”
Although I made it relevant that I would choose Britney, I never want to give up the opportunity to make fun of Lindsey Lohan. Let me simply state that the only two times that I have ever liked Lindsey was in the Parent Trap and in Mean Girls. And the only reason why I liked her in Mean Girls, was due to her cast of ‘plastics’ she surrounded herself with. Lindsey needs to lay off the coke and wear some cloths once in a while that cover up her pail tangerine skin pigment. Lindsey Lohan should stay in rehab like my girl Britney, however, I know Britney will get her life back together because her and her younger sister Zoe are going to be the next Hailey and Hillary Duff of Hollywood. LONG LIVE BRITNEY
Being a college freshman male, both of these girls are quite attractive. So coming from the physical standpoint of things, I feel they both are pretty even. Back in Brittany Spears' prime she was a gorgeous,successful, and respectable person. Her music was pretty decent and she was a good entertainer. Now that Brittany Spears has completely screwed up her career I have no more respect for her as a entertainer or a person. It is clear that Brittany Spears is definitely no longer a good role model as seen by several drug/rehab issues, publicized promiscuity, public vulgarity, etc. I feel that anyone who was given the opportunity and fame that she was given and is stupid enough to jeopardize, deserves to lose all respect. She married Kevin Federline for all the wrong reasons. She did not do it out of love, it was too spontaneous. The success of their relationship clearly conveys this. Lindsay Lohan is more respectable I think. Lindsay Lohan has had some very successful movies such as the parent trap, freaky friday, mean girls, etc. Lindsay Lohan, up until recently, has portrayed herself in a fairly respectable fashion. I am not neglecting the fact that within the past year she has been using drugs, passing out in public places, and was convicted of a DUI. However, I have more lenience on Lindsay Lohan because she is younger. I feel like, although she hasn't made the most respectable choices, she is going through a phase that a lot of people in their late teens/ early twenties go through. It is unfortunate that she is being publicized which makes her look like a horrible person, but that's what happens when you are a celebrity. Brittany Spears has experienced many of the same things but is also much older than Lindsay Lohan and in my opinion is expected to be more mature, especially because she is a mother. If I had to pick between the two, I would definitely go with Lindsay Lohan. She isn't so far gone, like Brittany Spears, that her reputation of being classy cannot be salvaged. I think Lindsay Lohan is talented, pretty, and still has potential to be something admirable. Just as a side note.... I'm not a huge fan of girls with shaved heads. I feel thats my job.
Although I would rather not choose either Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears, I guess since I have to choose, I would pick Lindsay Lohan. The reason for this is because Lindsay Lohan used to be a sweet little girl. I remember when I first saw Parent Trap with her in it I loved it. Also, she is or at least used to be a somewhat decent actress. She was also the star of Mean Girls and Freaky Friday which were favorites of a lot of teenagers around the country. Also, I think Lindsay Lohan used to have an awesome fashion sense. She always wore the nicest dresses to her premieres. And even though I didn’t listen to her music, I thought it was cool that she was trying to also get in on the music scene. Also since Lindsay is still single or at least without children, she is not screwing up some innocent person’s life like Britney Spears. However, since Lindsay started to party and picked out some pretty bad friends, she has turned to drugs and alcohol. By doing this she started to not show up on time for her movie shoots. I think if Lindsay had not wasted all of her time partying and getting high she would have a lot more movies now. Now if we ever see her in a movie again she will have probably had a very hard time getting it because her reputation as a good worker and decent human being has gone out the window.
On the other hand, Britney Spears started out her career as a good girl gone bad or at least as a good girl starting to go bad. Even in Britney’s first album, each successive single that was released had more and more controversy. It seems that everything Britney has ever done has been deliberately planned or messed up somehow in order to get more publicity. Her infamous break-up with Justin Timberlake all the way to her saying she wants to be a “young mom” and then her turning around and marrying a backup dancer who already has two kids out of wedlock has been absolutely crazy. It seems like Britney also never had any morals to think about when making her decisions because she always seems to pick the choices that the rest of America is saying to her, “are you crazy?” The fact now is that she has two kids and is going through a mental breakdown with no one to really support her. I also heard that she is losing her kids to her ex-husband because of her obscene habits and actions.
In reality, both of these girls just need a wake-up call and some serious rehabilitation for a very long time. I think if both of them just got out of Hollywood then they can get back to a normal person’s life. As it stands right now, both girls will never regain their careers back because their reputations are ruined forever.
Personally I would choose neither. I feel that both Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are both bad role models. Britney started out her career as a fairly good role model. She was your average girl next door singing pop songs, but as she grew older her clothing became sexier and her concerts and videos became provocative and adult. Then she started making some not so good decisions. Granted everyone makes bad choices but most people learn from them. Celebrities are also held up to higher standards and they need to keep in mind that young, impressionable kids are captivated by them and will read anything that has to do with them. Lindsay Lohan on the other hand has had a slightly worse experience. She started out as the wholesome girl on Disney’s Lizzie McGuire and everyone was excited when she transitioned to the big screen. Lindsay started on a downward spiral. First rumors were spreading that she had an eating disorder and pictures surfaced of her and her fib cage or spine as being very prominent. Next she starts partying with Paris Hilton at all the clubs and she was only eighteen. How can an eighteen year old girl get alcohol from a club? Don’t get me wrong I’m not naïve but people could get in trouble for serving her alcohol. Then there’s the issue of occasions where illegal substances were involved. Lindsay was involved in a few incidents of driving while under the influence of alcohol. She only got one day to be served in jail and for some reason that just doesn’t add up. I feel that these two are getting preferential treatment for being in the public eye twenty-four seven. Finally, there was speculation about whether Britney was a responsible parent. She was going out every night and leaving them at home, questions also arose about her parenting skills. I know people make mistakes as a first time mom, but some of the things that they say she was doing with her children are not acceptable. For example they say that she was keeping her children up late, not allowing them to nap, and giving them soda to drink. Now she has had to turn her kids over to her ex-husband Kevin Federline. Both women have tried to go to rehab to get the help that they needed, but after only a few days they checked out. I don’t know how you can get better if you don’t put forth the effort. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan both need to get their acts together before I see any of them the way I did before they started going down the wrong path.
Although currently neither of these girls should be looked at as good “role models”, I would have to choose Lindsay Lohan over Brittany Spears. Both of these girls entered the Hollywood lifestyle at a very early age. Brittany started off as a cute, little, innocent girl singing her way through The Mickey Mouse Club. Her talent was recognized and she took off from there. Releasing several top of the chart songs and albums, Brittany became a teen idol for many young girls. Lindsay’s movie career started as a young girl, taking on two roles in The Parent Trap. Lindsay then stared in Freaky Friday and then was really recognized in her best role yet, Mean Girls. Catching the eye of many teenage boys, Lindsay was idolized by boys and girls.
In the recent year, both girls’ careers took a turn for the worst. Brittany had two children and then suffered an ugly divorce. She’d get caught out late drinking and partying with other young pop/movie stars and caught getting out of the car “inappropriately”. The next big scenario was Brittany shaving her head completely bald. Her ex-husband, Kevin Federline, wasn’t able to take their mothers behavior anymore, so Brittany just recently this week, lost custody of her children.
Lindsay has had a number of her episodes as well. However, I feel she has her share of family issues that may have caused her to be this way. Lindsay has been caught with DUI’s and seen completely drunk in clubs and other late nights. She was entered into rehab and was just recently released.
Out of the two girls, I think Lindsay would be able to change her life and get back on track. I feel that she got a lot out of rehab and will be able to make better decisions. With the loss of her children, I feel that Brittany might even end up crazier than she is now, if possible.
If I had to choose between Brittney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, I think I would have to choose Lindsay. I used to like both of them but now they have turned into people that just make you want to yell at them. They are supposed to be setting an example for young girls today but all they are doing is partying and getting in trouble. Both of these ladies need and intervention, I do not think they realize what they are doing to young people today. Our society is just getting worse and worse when it comes to drugs and alcohol and these kids are looking for people to tell them what they should do and when celebrities are out parting all the time and having to go to rehab all those kids think is …hmm this must not be too bad maybe I should try it. But, I would defiantly have to say the Lindsay is the lesser of the two evils, just because she does not have kids to worry about, Brittney is out doing all these things when she has little ones that need her. You would think that once you have a kid you would stop doing childish things and grown up so that you would be able to take care of your own child but, I guess not for some people. The worst part about it is that she just to be so good, she was clean and wholesome in her music and wardrobe then she changed and so did everything else. I think l Lindsay is not as bad because she has done things to stop her addiction like rehab and she also is still a kid, she doesn’t have a child at home waiting for her when she goes out. Right now, all she has to worry about is herself and so even though I do not agree with the things she does I do think that she is a little better then Brittney at this point in time. Who knows it could change but right now Lindsay is the person I would choose if I had to choose one of them. She made good clean movies like Freaky Friday, Mean girls, Just my Luck, etc. and she was always respectable. So, that is why I would choose Lindsay.
Brittney Spears or Lindsay Lohan? That’s a good question. I personally would choose neither, or both if you were talking about the biggest screw up. When both of them were young they had good promising careers that had good futures if they could work hard and just behave. Once they got older and realized that the rules don’t apply to them, they realized that they could get away with anything and started doing whatever they wanted. It seems like once they made a ton of money, they did not want to work hard, and started making bad decisions. Lindsay started her career doing kid shows when she was young. She did a couple of movies and became really popular because of them. Brittney started her career in music with a few hits and some popular music videos. She gained popularity with the more CDs she released. Both of their careers were getting a little cold and they started making bad decisions. The publicity from their mistakes has put a bad light on them. But that’s what you get for breaking the law and getting away with it. I predict that neither of them are going to be in the making of any big movies or television shows in the near future. I would hope that no one would want to work with them after their awful actions. These girls are a prime example of how rich and famous people can let all their fame and wealth go to their heads. They just think they can do whatever they want and now have to worry about getting in trouble because they can pay their way out of everything. I think that people who look up to famous, rich people need to find some new role models. If I was forced to pick one that I liked more, then I would have to say Lindsay. She has a little more sense than Brittney, and has not made as many stupid mistakes.
I really don’t have a favorite one. Both of them at a young age were example and role models for little girls that wanted to become famous. Right know I have to say that neither of them can be use as example. The decision that both of them have made has not only affected there career personally but also it affect the way that their fans see them. For example Britney Spears was part of the Mickey Mouse Club in Disney and started to become famous trough it. So she was seen as a big example and a big role model for girls but the year passed and the figure that was one a sweet loving girl turn into a drug user , with no stable relationships that lead to divorce and that not a good example for young girls to follow. On the other hand Lindsay Lohan was a very famous young actress that appear in a couple of movies that lunch here career like for example Parent Trap and Freaky Friday young girls so this movies and started dreaming of being Lindsay Lohan because she was a good role model at the time. Lindsay to my understanding always had a good projection on the other hand Britney hear but went she become a singer after leaving the Mickey Mouse Club here reputation was damage due to a couple of decisions that she made like for example the way that she projected herself in videos leaved the young girls with a sour taste because the role model that they use to want to be know was like a sex figure that man wanted. Lindsay Lohan was a great example of success as an actress until recently here drugs and alcohol problems were reveal. So I have to say that if they make me choose between the two and really I don’t have a liking for neither of them. I have to say Lohan because she kept the good example for girls for more time than Britney.
I do not care for her or for Britney not just cause of their problems. I have never been a fan of the movies of Lindsey or the songs by Britney. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are two of the most controversial celebrities. One has mothering problems the other drug problems. They have been the center of attention for their problems. Lindsay was a good kid so we though, she grew up young in a bad environment. She was a star when she was young and through the years, she’s been introduced to drugs, alcohol, money, and possession things. Recently Lindsay has reportedly been placed in a rehab center exclusive for Hollywood stars. She has been involved with drugs for a few years now and her career has plummeted downward. Many people speculate that she will regain her status as a strong talent in the field. Considering I have not thought about it much or even care if I had to pick I wouldn't want her to succeed. It really has no effect on the quality of movies or songs put out. I think she was a horrible actress and horrible singer.
Britney really has nothing left. She just lost her kids to K-Fed and is constantly in the media. One of her problems is partying; this is one thing that Lindsay and Britney have in common. Lindsay doesn’t have kids yet and it’s not to daring to say she might and they might be taken away. Probably not but who would of thought she would be where she is. I find all their news funny now because it’s at the point where I go grow up. Both girls are seen out on the party scene with Paris Hilton. They all show up drunk and flashing the world (cough cough Britney) and driving their expensive car. What kind of musician shows up wearing no underwear, I mean she has to know the paparazzi is going to be out. It’s somewhat obvious that she doesn’t really care about her image along with Lindsay.
The question that was brought about was Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears? Personally I don’t care about either one of them but I would have to go with Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey Lohan is more of an entertainer than Britney Spears because of her acting skills. I also choose Lindsey Lohan because she had to deal with success at an earlier age than Britney Spears. Even though both are completely out of control and are living the “rock star” life style Lindsey Lohan was dealing with success and fame at the age of six when she was in the parent trap. I do have to say that it is hard for Britney Spears because she had such a high rise to fame at a critical age of 16 when most teenagers are dealing with homecoming and prom issues and the so called stress of high school Britney was dealing with performing in front of millions of people and media on a daily basis.
If you look at either one and ask if they are role models I’m sure the answer for every American is NO! Both have drug addictions. Lindsey has gone to rehab multiple times Britney got married to a guy out of nowhere and had two children which she clearly wasn’t ready for. Britney has been in mental institutions for depression and drugs as well. At the fact that Britney wanted to get custody of her children and did not show up to court hearing shows that Britney is not a good role model for anyone. If anything what these two young ladies have shown the world is what can happen to million and billionaires when they have nothing else to do. They have so much success and they are looking for that next high. When entertaining does not bring that since of happiness or if they do not entertain anymore they will go to other sources to find pleasure. In Britney’s case she married spontaneously and that ended up failing. She then moved to alcohol and, drugs which have lead her to the where she is today a lost career and a screwed up life with two children. Lindsey is in the same boat but has not gone as far as Britney, yet. These two entertainers are the result of young children growing up in success and fame and the after math of what happens when it is over.
I really prefer neither, however if I did have to choose one I would say Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan has not conducted herself as bad as Britney Spears has. There are many things that Britney Spears has done that make her appear as irresponsible.
Lindsay Lohan has been put in the spotlight since she was little. Even though she has made herself appear anorexic and has admitted to it, she always gets help with her problems. Since she was a teenager, she has been partying and going to clubs every night, which is something people that young should do. Also I understand her troubles a little more because of how her dad was. It was not the perfect childhood to deal with a horrible father. Finally her family recognized that she had a problem, and they have put her in rehab. So now she is recovering however it is not what Britney Spears is doing.
Recently, we have seen Britney Spears just fall apart. First off why Lindsay Lohan is better than Britney Spears is she doesn’t have any kids. If she did, I guarantee she would probably not treat her kids as poorly as Britney Spears. Any dud can take care of her kids better than her. First off, she wasn’t even at the court hearing of her children. Instead she went to Starbucks. Other incidents with her kid was dropping her kid or driving with one of her kids on her lap. There were so many other incidents where she has made paparazzi stunts. First there was the shaving of the head which is completely ridiculous. She obviously is on something because no one in their right mind would do that. Even if some people were on something, they would not do it. Then she was smashing in someone’s windshield. Then we finally thought she was going to get help, and she goes to rehab for a day or two. The VMA’s everyone saw her look like a fool too. Don’t forget about those shots of her getting out of the car which did not make her look too attractive either.
Movie wise I love Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls compared to Britney Spears in her fabulous movie, Crossroads, which I have seen sadly a million times. But music wise you can’t help but say that Britney Spears is better. Lindsay Lohan had released a couple songs, but they weren’t that great. Career wise, I think Lindsay Lohan will come back with a comeback. Britney Spears may have more trouble. Even though she is having “Gimme More” becoming more popular, she’ll probably still have another breakdown. Then career will have a downfall again.
The difference between Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan is that at least Lindsay Lohan is trying to change her life. She is in rehab and attempting to stay away from the media while Britney Spears is calling the media for them to see the incidents. The worst part of this blog is that it is embarrassing how I do know all the incidents from each of these people.
Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears both have a lot of problems in their lives right now. I don’t care for either, however, if I had to choose I would go with Lindsay Lohan. She is messed up, but not as bad as Britney is. Britney Spears is not just messing up one life, she has kids who are being effected by her drug problems, and that is just not acceptable.
Lindsay gained her fame in a more settle way than Britney. Lindsay didn’t have to go off of her sex appeal to get noticed. She made movies for teenagers to enjoy. Britney had to dance around in little skirts to get noticed by the public. She wasn’t even a very good singer when she became famous. I have never had any respect for Britney, even before she got addicted to drugs. When Britney had her first child, that should have been her clue to settle down and raise a normal family; but she didn’t and that is what makes her so immature.
A drug addiction is obviously a big deal, but lots of people get them and don’t go to rehab to get better. At least Lindsay went to rehab and is sticking with it to get better. Britney is just trying to make a statement, because she doesn’t stay in rehab for more than a week at a time. She just wants people to think that she is trying to deal with her problems when really she isn’t.
When I was young if I could have dated either girl, I would have picked Britney. Now that I see what she has done with her life, I’m glad I didn’t date her when I had the chance. Britney event asked me out in the sixth grade, but I told her no because I knew that she was going to grow up to be a giant screw up. If Lindsay would have wanted to date me when I was young I probably would have, thinking that I could stop her from getting addicted to drugs when she gets older.
In the end, I don’t like either girls, and don’t care what they do with their lives. I have my own life, with my own problems, and I don’t need to be living and critiquing how they mess their lives up. My life wouldn’t be any different if either girl were never born into this world. I don’t pay attention to their lives and never will.
To choose between Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan is like deciding between rotten cauliflower and rotten broccoli. Neither of them were that good when they were fresh and then they went horribly bad. I have to be honest and say that I cannot even choose one over the other, no matter what the criteria. I never really liked Britney Spears’ music that much and Lindsey Lohan’s movies weren’t all the great either. I must confess, I only watched the Parent Trap. But let’s think about that one for a little bit. She was acting as identical twins in a remake of a movie. That’s really not that hard; besides the original was better, like they always are. So I don’t even like the things that are going good for both of them. It’s also extremely hard to say out of their problems, which one is not as bad. I’m also not very informed about what all of their problems are because I don’t pay attention to either of them. I don’t read entertainment magazines nor do I watch when either of them are on the television. I have better things to do than keep up on their lives; just like I have better things to be doing than write about them in this essay. Like study for a Religion midterm, write and revise a philosophy paper, do physics homework, and study for a calculus test to name a few. When considering Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan, I don’t think that you can say one is better than the other, no matter what you use as your grounds of analyzing them.
Neither can sing, neither are very good actors and both have been to rehab. What is making the decision of choosing either Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan extremely difficult is not how great of a person one or the other is or how much talent there is when you see them on stage but how equally horrible they are in all aspects of their career as well as life. For the assignment you are asking me to choose one of them and if I must I would have to pick Lindsay Lohan.
Although, Lohan is better of two evils finding something approving to speak of about her is going to be more difficult then writing a ten page paper on all the things wrong with her. In picking Lohan as better then Spears I looked past the recent news and concentrated on the films that she was producing a few years ago before the mainstream media got a grasp on her. Movies like Parent Trap, Freaky Friday and Mean Girls are all movies that kids and adults alike can go and enjoy without having to worry about seeing obsessive drinking, drug use, and the constant usage of bad language. Looking back this many years ago you might have been able to say that Lindsay Lohan was a respectable actor and a good role model for children.
We all know that it is very rare for an actor who is constantly annoyed by the publicity to come out of Hollywood with a clean record but a lot of young girls were hoping that Lindsay Lohan would be one of the few. Like many in the past she has lost the respect of most of her fans and has made a fool of herself in the eye of the public. Lohan only being the age of 21 has already been in and out of rehab arrested for driving under the influence and has been seen partying with such stars as Paris Hilton and Nicole Riche who like Lohan now are not the best people in the eyes of the public.
Brittany Spears on the other hand has also been in and out of rehab and is looked down upon as one of the worst performers in the eyes of the older generation. She has been showing skin since she left the Mickey Mouse Club which from what I have seen is the only time I have seen her sing without showing almost all of her skin. She has two children and is not married which is not very popular among most of the world’s population.
If I had to choose between Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears which I think is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life I would choose Lohan. Lohan’s past has been better then Spear’s but now they are heading along the same path in life.
Lindsay Lohan would be the celebrity of choice for me because she is a good singer and a good actor. As I guy I think she is good looking and would love to know her. Well, that beside the fact that she is an alcoholic and does drugs. I think these people in Hollywood are under a spotlight all of the time. When Lindsay got pulled over for DUI she would have it all over national news. If a normal person would do this then it would be a little slap on the wrist and then they would go about their lives. I think it is horrible that each celebrity in this country has to be harped on because they do some things that are wrong. Each person should be treated the same way. If a normal person is going to go out and get a DUI they should be on national news also.
On the other hand I think that celebrities are looked up to by the youth society of America and they should have a good image. If kids see their idols do these bad things all over the news they might be less likely to do them. Each person has to realize that each person in the celebrity status has a lot of money and then can use it for good things, or they can abuse and it and use it on drugs that can ruin their lives. I think this might be a problem with celebrities that become famous at a young age because they cannot handle all the stress and fame so they resort to other ways they can get a fix. Furthermore, I think that Lindsay Lohan is a good person she just has her life going in the wrong direction and she just has to correct it.
Personally, I do not really have an opinion of the two. But if I had to choose, it would be Lindsay Lohan because I feel that she has actually set a decent example for younger children earlier in her life. I do not think that Britney Spears has set a good example for any child, she has gotten arrested many times and has not learned from her mistakes. She has been in and out of rehabilitation centers for many years now. She has not set good examples for girls that are growing, she is always wearing very risky outfits that are showing her belly and a lot of times showing way to much, which influences children to be more risky in their lives. The things that she sings about are very unfitting for young teenage girls to listen to.
I feel that Lindsay Lohan even though she has gone through some crazy times, i think that she is really trying to clean up her life and make it better. In her early years she made some great films that young girls were able to relate to. She made films that pleases young teenage gorls as well as their parents, such as The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls. She became a role model for these girls. Even though she has become really crazy I still feel that she is trying to clean up her life.
Between Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, I would choose Lindsay Lohan for many reasons. These reasons vary from kids to appearance. Lindsey Lohan has not acted as bad as Britney has. Although, both of the celebrities have made very bad decisions Britney Spears has done much worse.
Lindsey Lohan has performed many wrong decisions in the past couple of years. Before these years, she was a good teenager who made the right decisions. She was an idol to many young girls because of her movies and her lifestyle. Parents did not have to be concerned when Lindsey was younger, but now they worry about their children looking up to her. Brittney was the same until after her first CD came out. Then she started to wear very inappropriate clothing, and made wrong decisions. She started to sing about very inappropriate things. Her decisions have gotten worse.
Although Lindsey Lohan has made bad decisions, they are not as bad as Britney’s. Lindsey Lohan uses many drugs, drinks accessibly, and drives while she is impaired. She has become a constant partier and is leading a terrible and unhealthy lifestyle. On the other hand, Britney Spears has done this and more. She got married in Las Vegas to a guy she hardly knew, which lead to having two children. Her children were recently given over to her ex-husband, due to the fact that she makes the wrong decisions and cannot support them. She does everything Lindsey does but with her children, making her not only a bad person but also a terrible mother.
Both of them were once good role models but now they are terrible role models. However, Britney Spears’ actions are much more severe than Lindsey Lohan’s actions. They wear inappropriate clothes, drink accessibly, and do drugs. The only thing that makes Britney Spears worse is that she does all of these things while watching after her children. Thankfully, the court has taken away her children. Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears are terrible role models, but Lindsey Lohan is the better choice.
When it comes down to Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears it is a tough decision. Neither one is a very good role model. Lindsey Lohan with her cocaine addictions and spells with bulimia is no better than Spears addiction to pain killers. Both of them have serious issues which makes it hard to choose. Although, Britney Spears was a part of the Mickey Mouse Club as a young girl, and back when she was younger she was innocent and talented. But then again, Lindsey Lohan was the same way back in the day when she was in The Parent Trap.
Both Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears both have their black marks on their records. However, if you look past that to back in the day before their records were smudged; you can still recall the innocent little girls of yester-year.
I think that if I had to choose I would probably choose Britney Spears over Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey Lohan seems to have more issues in today’s age. She has been in and out of rehabilitation centers multiple times, and although Britney has too she has more reason to get herself better. Spears has children that if she ever wants to get them back she has to get serious about rehab. Lohan is a little bit wilder and the only thing she’s got going for her is The Parent Trap remake. However, that is a remake. Britney Spears was on The Mickey Mouse Club as a young girl. She was a very popular singer a few years ago. I would choose Britney Spears based on her past. Before she lost her innocence she was just the nice girl that sang and nothing more.
Umm…I don’t exactly care for either of the two, but I guess since I have to choose, I would choose the coke addict, Lindsay Lohan. She’s had a good little run and a few good movies before her little addiction. Mean Girls was my favorite I have to admit. I love that movie because for once it tells the real story of high school being such a challenge. Lindsey played a great role as the girl who was new to school trying to be-friend everyone. She be-friends the “popular girls” and they in turn butcher her reputation which she has to work to gain back in the end. Lindsay Lohan was a good role model for little girls in the beginning in her “Parent Trap” days, whereas Britney Spears has never really been a good role model, especially on her first album cover…um really I think the bad catholic girl look has been just a tad-bit played out.
Nowadays neither girl should be anyone’s role model. Spears needs to be in someone’s looney bin and Lohan needs some sort of intervention and she needs real parents. I really give it to Lohan, happily she’s not going around teaching little girls to wear teeny tiny skirts or teaching them to show their whoo-ha’s in public.
I would have to go with Lindsey Lohan because although both of them are not the ideal role model I think that Lindsey has kept her life a little more together. Although they have been the butt of many celebrity jokes and the highlight of many tabloids Lindsey has a few less problems. Although I miss her I’m those cute movies like parent trap I think her new image and career as a singer and her more recent movies such as Georgia Rule. Britney although she had a booming career by the looks of her most recent performance her career has come to a close. Britney has had 2 kids which were both not intentional and now have to grow up in a world full of madness and instability. She also had her head shaved in an attempt to stick it to the man so she did not have to submit to a drug test. But she forgot about the fact that she has eyebrows and eyelashes and therefore lost both her children to her drug dealing ex-husband. I don’t think that Lindsey would ever do something like that I think she has a little bit more of class than Britney. Britney started out cute and innocent but I think that a mother of 2 should not be running around from club to club doing god knows what. Also Britney has some close calls with social services because her kids have almost fallen out of cars and she has almost dropped them multiple times. I think that over all Lindsey is a little better off than Britney I can’t really call either of them a good person or even say that one is a better person than the other because both of them have hit their own personal rock bottom. But I do think that Lindsey is at least trying to dig herself out of a hole but Britney just keeps digging hers deeper.
This is a very tough decision. I am not really f fan of either Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan I would have to say that I prefer Lindsey. I believe that both of these ladies at one point had so much potential and opportunity before them, and they both managed to screw it up. I was a large fan of Lindsey Lohan earlier in her career because she seemed like a nice wholesome girl. She ended up following the path that so many Hollywood stars take. She began to hang out with a bad crowd, and now she is a drug addict. I have to prefer her over Britney Spears simply because her screw ups in life do not affect anyone but herself.
Britney Spears has made some stupid decisions, and these decisions affect not only her, but her children as well. It is not exactly easy for a child to deal with his or her parents separating let alone all of the stupid things she does to get herself in the tabloids. I can’t help but feel bad for her kids as they will grow up having to deal with all of the madness. The former pop star that every adolescent boy in the country had a crush on is now reduced to the village idiot.
Lindsey Lohan isn’t much better with the drug charges, DUI’s, and other crazy shenanigans she pulls. The difference for me is that Lindsey continues to put out movies, and still cares about her career. Britney Spears hasn’t done anything for a long time, and she just rides the fame she acquired from her singing days. I wouldn’t spend money on anything either of these two ladies have worked on, or starred in but if I had to chose I would chose Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey’s past career seemed more wholesome and respectable than that of Britney Spears. I believe that it takes more talent to be an actor or actress because of the fact that you never know when a singer is pretending to sing as the stereo system plays her music (Ashlee Simpson anyone?).
In my opinion both of these girls are wastes of talent, and shouldn’t be giving much fame of credit anymore. Neither of them are respectable people that you can admire. The only reason I chose Lindsey is because she isn’t screwing up other people lives as well.
Well I honestly do not care about either Brittany Spears of Lindsay Lohan. They have both turned their perfect lives into a giant shambles. It seems to be some sort of a trend that young child stars grow up and lose control of their lives. The way fame hits people as they grow older is quit devastating to see. If I had to chose on over the other it would have to be Lindsay Lohan.
She is a girl that seems to have just fallen in with the wrong crowd of people. It is sad to see someone who you remember as a 12 year old in The Parent Trap in such a crazy messed up life. I feel it is possible for her to come out of this situation if she really wants to. The fact that she is going to rehab to help herself is good. It may also be useful to find another group of friends to hang out with, ones that do not party as hard as her current group. In comparison to Brittany at least Lindsay does not have kids that she is harming at the same time she is hurting herself. Lindsay was always suck a good girl in my opinion but eventually I guess everyone has to hit a bad streak in their life. Its also sad to think of little 16 year old Brittany singing songs like Soda Pop and Baby One More Time, they were so simple and so angelic. Her way of life is completely of balanced no longer being able to identify what is right or wrong. The fact that she tried to defend herself when getting caught driving around with her babies on her lap is ridiculous. What women would justify such an act.
Lindsay is a girl that had a successful life and in getting mixed up with the wrong crowd has nearly ruined her reputation as an actress. And is no longer a role model for young teenage girls. Britney too has changed a lot since her start on The Mickey Mouse Club a cute little girl dancing around with Justin Timberlake.
I guess it all depends on the context of the question. I don't think either of these young women are of any use to society except costing tax payers money to fix the streets the wreck on. They're both addicted to controlled substances. Neither one of them are attractive any more either. Its almost sad how far they've come and then snorted it away. I don't really know too much about the either of them. That's all I've got to say I guess?
Britney or Lindsay actually, I do not have a favorite one. When they were young, they were a role model for little girls that wanted to become famous. They are supposed to be setting a good example for young girls today. Today all the things that they are doing is partying and getting in trouble. Both of them have made a big mistake in their life and role model should not be doing anything bad.
Britney Spears is a star and her stardom has grown from the "Mickey House Club". She had two children and suffered from the divorce. She did a stupid thing which is she shaved her head totally bald. Her ex-husband Kevin Federline could not take their mothers behavior anymore, so this week Britney lost custody of her children.
Lindsay Lohan was a good kid; she grew up young in a bad environment. She was a star when she was young and through the years, she’s been introduced to drugs, alcohol, money, and possession things. Her career has been plummeted downward because she has been involved with drugs.
Everyone makes mistakes but not as these extreme mistakes. The mistakes that Britney and Lindsay have made will affect our society because anyone who loves them will follow what they are doing.
Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan? This is a very interesting blog topic. For me this is a very easy question, with a VERY Simply Answer. BRITNEY SPEARS. I have always been one of Britney’s biggest fans, and I do I always kind of had a crush on her. Yes, her music isn’t the best but with these two people nobody really cares about their performances all they care about how they look, and in some sort of way their public appeal. I know in the past couple of years Britney has done things that she would regret, but I mean so has Lindsey lohan, Paris Hilton, and lots of other celebrities these mistakes are what her human, he is not a super child, in fact she is far from that. Let’s take a look at spear’s marriage to k-fed, which was a young mistake that lots of people make they are young and they think they are in love and they marry people at a very young age. The only difference though between these people and spears is that the regular everyday people are not the celebrity that Britney is. And in conclusion I would like to say if I was in a relationship with Britney which some day I will be, I would rather have her sometimes emotion problems than lohan’s cocaine problems. Yes, spears has done drugs, but not to the degree that Lindsay Lohan has.
Post a Comment