I'm in my office during office hours, but none of you come to see me, so I scour the Internet, trying to stave off boredom. I found the following article while perusing Freakonomics, a blog run off of The New York Times.
Steven Levitt, who has been dubbed a “rogue economist,” uses facts and stats to promulgate some rather controversial assertions. One of the most well-known was that crime rates dropped in the 1990s because it was about 15 years after Roe v. Wade. (Less unwanted children = less criminals.)
The following article isn't from Freakonomics, but from a link on the site. It's a blog entry about the effects of privilege on college admissions. It could be useful for several of the groups in the class, so I thought I'd share it.
Steven Levitt, who has been dubbed a “rogue economist,” uses facts and stats to promulgate some rather controversial assertions. One of the most well-known was that crime rates dropped in the 1990s because it was about 15 years after Roe v. Wade. (Less unwanted children = less criminals.)
The following article isn't from Freakonomics, but from a link on the site. It's a blog entry about the effects of privilege on college admissions. It could be useful for several of the groups in the class, so I thought I'd share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment