Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blog 16: M-P-Wheeee!

As we close in on writing a critique, take a look at your MP3 player or CD collection. Name the top ten songs in your collection. Why are these songs your favorites? Be specific and give us a few sentences about each.

DUE Sunday, November 4

34 comments:

MaryB. said...

The top ten songs in my iPod selection are: (not in any particular order)
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John
o Part of the reason I like this song is because it has to do with an inside joke between one of my best friends and myself. However, it is also a song that just makes me laugh because it’s upbeat and its Elton John (haha).
- Lullaby by Josh Groban featuring Ladysmith Black Mambazo
o I like Josh Groban because his voice is really soothing. This song however is Groban singing a lullaby with Ladysmith Black Mambazo which is a group of African men. They sing this song acapella and it helps put me to sleep.
- Stolen by Dashboard Confessional
o I like a lot of songs by Dashboard Confessional and I think this song is one of their better ones. It also relates to a lot of real life situations.
- Liz on Top of the World by Jean- Yves Thibaudet
o This song was on the soundtrack to the movie Pride and Prejudice which is one of my favorite movies. I like to listen to some instrumental music and this song which is only a little over one minute is all piano and strings. When I listen to it, I can picture the movie. Plus the piano sounds amazing.
- Good Life by Kayne West
o I like this song because it has a good beat to it and I like a lot of Kayne’s music.
- Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
o I just think this song is really pretty and I can relate it to situations that I and some of friends have gone through.
- Crank That by Soulja Boy
o This song was so big this year so I had to include it in this list. It also brings some funny memories back from the ghetto.
- Bubbly by Colbie Caillat
o I had never really heard of this artist until I heard of this song, and I just think her voice is really pretty.
- How Far We’ve Come by Matchbox 20
o I like to listen to a lot of music by Matchbox 20 and this is one of their newer songs. The lyrics in this song are pretty awesome because it talks about seeing how far we’ve come in the midst of all the craziness in the world.
- Everyday by Dave Matthews Band
o Dave Matthews Band has lots of great songs but I think this is one of their classic ones. It talks about how people need to be picked up everyday to get to the top, and that everyday you have to take a chance.
A lot of these songs aren’t necessarily very popular or up-to-date but I like to listen to a wide variety of music and music that relates to my emotions at the time.

Anonymous said...

I’m constantly listening to music and so it was hard to pick just ten that I listen to most often. I always associate a song with a memory, which is pretty easy to do considering I’m always listening to music and so whatever song I’m listening to when something happens, I’ll always think of that time whenever I hear that song. Some of the memories are sad, others are happy memories spent with friends, and there’s a few songs I just like because they’re upbeat and happy.
-9 crimes by Damien Rice
I love this because it’s really pretty and I would always share headphones with my friend Lauren on the way to every water polo game in high school and we’d listen to this song.
-Walk Through by Say Anything
This song reminds me of the end of this summer. Me and three of my best friends went on a road trip to Milwaukee for Vans Warped Tour to see all these bands that we love. We played the song over and over again until we all knew the words. The ride was 2 hours and we never got sick of the song, and I’m still not sick of it.
-Never Knew by Rocket Summer
My friend Bryce is the lead singer of this band and Rocket Summer’s been my favorite band for a few years. Last year Rocket Summer became pretty popular and they’re getting even bigger which is so exciting. They went from playing at coffee shops to having their music on TRL so it’s been really fun to keep in touch with him and see how things are going. Never Knew is one of their old songs that’s my favorite.
-I’ll be Missing You by Puff Daddy
This song has the most meaning to me and always makes me cry. When my friend Zach’s dad died of cancer last year all his friends and family were there the night he passed away and Zach kept playing this song over and over.
-You won’t know by Brand New
Brand New is another one of my favorite bands. You won’t know is really intense and I would always listen to it at swim meets to get up pumped up for my races.
-Beauty in the Breakdown by The Scene Aesthetic
This is another song that has a deeper meaning. A friend of mine who passed away this year hated this song and would always make me turn it off if I played it around him. It’s by two guys with whiney voices who wear girl pants but I can’t help it if I’m obsessed with this song! Whenever I hear it I always think of my friend Chris and smile.
-My Life be Like by Grits
I’m usually not a big fan of hip-hop or rap but I really like this song because it’s upbeat.
-1,000 times a day by The Early November
I love this song because it’s pretty and a guy wrote it for his fiancĂ©. It tells the couples story of how they met all the way back in eighth grade and are still together.
-Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones
This song is a classic and it reminds me of my dad. My dad is hilarious and always the life of the party and whenever we have a party he blares this song and feels the need to get up on a table and sing. He’s actually won a few karaoke contests by singing this song. It’s also a good song to keep me motivated when I work out.

Christian M. said...

The top ten songs on my computer playlist are mostly rock and alternative. Mostly because they are fun to listen to and have a great beat that can be followed and enjoyed.
1. Mustang Nismo: It has no words during the song; I just think it’s a cool song to listen to. The beat and rhythm are awesome making the song a must have.
2. Highway to hell: This song is just fun to listen to, has rock and is still easy to hear all the words. The guitar in the song is awesome and is a classic rock song.
3. Dirty Little Secrets: Everyone has some secrets that they don’t want out in the open; this song is just letting everyone know they are somewhere out there. Hopefully they won’t be exposed.
4. Seven Nation Army: Great bass and drum rhythm with nice guitar thrown in, very easy to “tap” your foot to and enjoy. Nice to listen to and it gets your mind off things.
5. Kryptonite: Just a song I like to listen to, everyone loves a super hero so why not sing about one? It kind of makes you think about how your life is going and if you’re “floating to the dark side of the moon.”
6. Move along: I like it because it reminds us that everyone has trouble and we just have to keep moving forward. It’s up to us and we can only stop ourselves kind of deal.
7. Lose Yourself: One of the very few rap songs I like. It has a good story in it telling us never to give up and take a shot when the time comes in your life because we only have one shot.
8. Darkness Turns to Light: An entertaining song to listen to, solid lyrics and it reminds me of just finishing something and having the pressure lifted. That feeling of finally finishing a project and feeling good because it’s all over and you did it.
9. Rockstar: Everyone wants to be one and I can’t blame them, who wouldn’t? It would be great and be a blast. A good new song that has a unique but yet common message.
10. Something is wrong here: A song that everyone can relate to. Being somewhere and not fitting in, ether at school, work or at home. It does not matter because it’s all the same.

Anonymous said...

1. Five Times August- Better with you. I heard this song for the first time about a year ago and instantly fell in love with it. I listen to it all of the time because it reminds me of being home and summer. My little sister and I used to listen to this song all of the time in the car last summer. It just puts me in a good mood and brings back good memories.
2. Third Eye Blind- Can’t get away. This has always been one of my favorite songs. I love Third Eye Blind and this song just has a really good beat and is a fun song to listen to. My friends are all obsessed with the song too so it is fun to play at parties or when we are just hanging out.
3. Live- Lightening Crashes. This is a sort of a slower song but I still like it a lot. Live opened up for a concert that I was at this summer so it reminds me of that night. Whenever I listen to this song I think of summer and just really enjoy it.
4. Dexter Freebish- Leaving Town. This is an old song but I still listen to it all of the time. I remember hearing it a lot when I was younger and I recently heard it and remembered how much I liked it. The beat is really good and it is a good song to listen to whenever.
5. Mims- Like this. This is a newer song and is still played on the radio. I like the beat and I think that the lyrics are funny. It is a fun song to listen to at parties or just whenever.
6. Third Eye Blind- Semi Charmed Life. I love everything about this song. It has such a good beat and the lyrics are great. It is a really fun song to listen to with friends and it reminds me of fun times from high school.
7. Mika- Happy Ending. This was a song that my friends and I all listened to about 6564676 times while on spring break. It was sort of a theme song for the vacation, and I have loved it ever since.
8. Rascal Flats- Everyday love. I am actually not a big country fan at all but I love this song. I just like the beat and the lyrics a lot and it puts me in a good mood.
9. The Mighty Mighty Bostones- The Impression That I Get. This is a fast song and it old. I was obsessed with the movie Clueless when I was younger and this song is on the soundtrack. Ever since that movie I have loved this song.
10. Kanye West- Family Business. I was addicted to the College Dropout album for a while and this was my favorite song on the album. It is really good and the lyrics are funny. I listen to it a lot with my friends.

MarkD. said...

1. White Collar Boy – Belle and Sebastian
I really like this song because it has a nice beat that I can listen to while in studying or snowboarding or anything I guess. I just really like this song from the first time I heard it. I do not really relate to it in any way, I just find it appealing.
2. The Boy With the Arad Strap - Belle and Sebastian
I have loved this song ever since I heard it in a skateboarding movie. It has a very nice mellow beat and makes me feel relaxed. Most of my music is from skateboarding or snowboarding movies. Most of my music is unique and many people have never heard it.
3. The General – Dispatch
I really like this song because it is about the more important things in life besides fighting in wars all the time. It is a really chill song and really speaks to me. I think everyone should have a chance to listen to this song.
4. Better Than – John Butler Trio
This song is about looking at your life and realizing what was really important. It is not always about the things you own and letting the media control your life. It is about taking control of your own life and making your own decisions and going your own way.
5. Used to Get High – John Butler Trio
My friend and I have the same taste in music and we are the only ones that I know of that have the same taste in music and he turned me onto this song and I have just liked it ever since. The song is really good and I just like it.
6. All My Days – Alexi Murdoch
I really like this song because it is super chill. It is about finding your purpose in life and doing your own thing. This song is really relaxing and makes me feel really good and relaxed. I love this song.
7. Steady, As She Goes – The Raconteurs
This song has a really good beat and some nice lyrics. It is really catchy and I like it. I found it in a playlist that I downloaded and have like the song ever since.
8. Ooh La – The Kooks
This is another song that I found in a playlist that I downloaded. The first time I heard the song I just really liked it. It has a nice beat and I can relate to it a little bit. I like to listen to it all the time.
9. Quiet Town – Josh Rouse
This is another one of those super chill songs that I really like to just relax to. It makes me think of summer and just chilling and hanging out. It can really relax me after a day of work.
10. Orange Sky – Alexi Murdoch
And yet another super chill song about finding your friends. It is about standing by your friends and just chilling with them and watching the sun set. A nice summer song that I like to listen to on summer nights on my way home from mountain biking.

Meghan D said...

Into the Night by Santana featuring Chad Kroeger
• I actually have just recently heard this song on the radio and I liked it, but I'm not really sure what about it caught my attention.
Hey there Delilah by Plain White T’s
• I fell in love with this song when I heard it over the summer. The lyrics are really cute. They talk about how they’re going to live happily ever after.
Come What My, Elephant Love Medley, Roxanne, and Your Song from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
• I love this movie and the music from the soundtrack. Most of the songs are sung by Ewan McGregor and Nichole Kidman. When I first heard these songs I couldn’t believe that it was actually them singing.
This One’s for the Girls by Martina McBride
• This song is just so upbeat and happy that I listen to it whenever I’m feeling depressed.
Don’t Stop Believing by Journey
• Since my parents grew up listening to music from the seventies and eighties, I grew up listening to the same kind of music. I don’t know why but this is one of my favorite songs that they listened to.
Everything by Michael Buble
• I first heard Michael Buble in the movie The Wedding Date and it reminded me a little bit of Frank Sinatra music. So when I heard this song I loved it and I found out that it was Michael Buble made it even better.
1234 by Feist
• I first heard this song watching an I-pod commercial and it kept getting stuck in my head and wouldn’t go away. It was just so upbeat and catchy that I decided to download it.

Anonymous said...

The number one played song on my playlist is Juke Box Hero by Foreigner. It is my favorite song, because it is in a snowboarding video, and it reminds me of it every time I hear it. Snowboarding is one of my favorite things to do, and when I think of it all my problems disappear. The second most played song on my playlist is Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold. There is no deep meaning to why I love that song. I love it because every time I hear it, it pumps me up and makes me go crazy. It is an upbeat fast song with a crazy guitar riff. The third most played song on my playlist is Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers. It is a very relaxing song that I listen to when I’m in a bad mood and I want to chill out. The fourth most played song on my playlist is Island in the Sun by Weezer. It is also one of those songs that put me in a chilled out mood when I listen to them. I love it so much that I learned it on the guitar, so I can chill out to my own ability. The fifth most played song on my playlist is an untitled song that I don’t know the name of. My buddy and I used to when we were cruising around. It is real slow in the beginning, and it suddenly gets really heavy, and is awesome to head bang to. The sixth song on my playlist is Every Mile a Memory by Dirks Bentley. It is a country song that has a real chill beat to it. I live in a small farming community, and every one listens to country music, it’s in my roots and I like it. The seventh most played song on my playlist is Lady in a Blue Dress by Senses Fail. It is a hard song that I like to listen to when I’m in an angry mood, and just want to relieve some stress. The eighth most played song on my playlist is Rock ’N’ Roll High School by the Ramones. It is an awesome old school song that I like to rock out to when I’m in a rocking mood. The ninth most played song on my playlist is Adams Song by Blink 182. It will always be one of my favorite songs because it was the first song I ever learned on my guitar, and I will always love it. The tenth most played song on my playlist is Taylor by Jack Johnson. That song is relaxing with a cool guitar riff in it, and the first time I heard it I instantly wanted to learn it on the guitar. I love all of these songs, and that is why they are my top ten most listened to songs, on my iPod.

Maureen L. said...

First of all, I have to say I really like this question.. here we go... (In no order)..
1)Slow night, So Long by The Kings of Leon
- This song makes me think of some really good High School memories. It makes me think of some of my best guy friends and laugh. On our senior Prom weekend we all went to Michigan and had a dance party to this CD.
2)Season of the Shark by Yo La tengo
- I just really like this song. Whenever I am feeling down I turn this song on and it always makes be feel better. I don't know why, but it doessn't make me feel as lonely when i'm homesick.
3)Best of My Love by the Emotions
- This is another High School song. In high school we use to have Ladies Night, and always play this song. It's such a feel good song.
4)Jesus, exc. by Wilco
- Wilco is my favorite band and this one happens to be my favorite song by them. It also makes me feel better when I am feeling down, I love crying to this song.. hahaha.
5)Thinking of a Dream I had by The Walkmen
- I went to their concert in Chicago and absolutely loved them. It also makes me think of the first time I went to visit my oldest brother at marquette, it was so much fun!
6) Ain't it Strange by Dr. Dog
- I love Dr. Dog. I have a theory that they are the Beatles of this generation. They sound very similar to me, andd they are just music to chill to. If you get a chance check them out!
7)Gone by Kanye West
I love kanye, I don't like rap that much, but I have such a soft spot for kanye. He is easy to chill to and party to. I feel like he is such an all around crowd pleaser.
8)Get off of my Cloud by the Rolling Stones
- Ever since I have been little i ahve been raised witht the Stones. I feel like with them you cannot go wrong. Everybody likes the stones.
9)What is Life by George Harrison
- Such a great dance Party song annd such a feel good song. I love this song! it makes me think of really good memories!
10)Is This love by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- This is such a good soong to drive around to. It is easy to get really into it. I saw them in Chicago and had such a good time at this concert.

KHensman said...

I have a weird mix of music. I love a song mainly for the memory I have about it or if I can dance and sing to it. It was hard picking only ten songs that were my favorite, but here they are in no particular order:
1. Billy S. by Sky Sweetnam
This is probably my favorite song. When my best friend, Alisha, and I go on road trips we always get lost, and we end up listening to this song like four times. We love singing to it and it became our best friend song. We are weird, I know, but when I hear this song it always reminds me of all the fun and messed up times we have had together since like sixth grade.
2. Love is a Sweet Thing by Faith Hill
This is another one of my favorite songs because I love the lyrics in the song and I like Faith Hill’s voice. I also like the song because of the background music is a good beat and I like singing to the song. I also listen to this song when I am upset and it makes me think how all you need to do is love someone and you will be happy.
3. What’s the Dillio? by MEST
I like this song because it is fun to sing along to and when my friends and I go on our road trips this song is always played. So, the song reminds me of my friends and us dancing in the car and just having fun. I also like the song because of the beat.
4. Mayberry by Rascal Flatts
I love Rascal Flatts, they are my favorite band. This song reminds me of their concert when they came to Blossom Music Center and it was the first time I saw them live. I was with my friends on the lawn and it was so much fun. When I hear this song I sing and dance and it makes me happy.
5. Live like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw
This song reminds me of my dad and when he got diagnosed with cancer this song somehow got me through it. I could relate to this song so much and every time I hear the song it makes me remember my dad and all the good memorize I have with him and how much I miss him. The song also has a good message in it and how everyone should live like you are dying.
6. My Wish by Rascal Flatts
This song is my high school graduation song. I like the song because it is by Rascal Flatts and because it reminds me of all the fun times I had with my friends in high school. I like the lyrics and singing to it.
7. She’s a Butterfly by Martina McBride
I love this song because of the lyrics and the background music. I also like it because I like Martina McBride’s voice and the song is uplifting when I am in a depressed mood.
8. This One’s for the Girls by Martina McBride
All girls can relate to this song. This is another song that my friends and I listen to in the car driving and it is the ultimate chick song.
9. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
This song reminds me of when all my friends broke up with are boyfriends and we had a girls night and this song came on and we started singing and dancing and it was so much fun to just sing your anger out. Every time I hear it, I think of my friends and how much we all have been through and it a good song to sing to when you are mad and then you feel fine when it is over.
10. You Remind Me by Mandy Moore
I love Mandy Moore; I liked her more than Brittany Spears and Christina Aguileria and this song is one of my favorites by her.

SamanthaM. said...

It is hard to pick just 10 songs because I like so many. i had a hard time deciding which ones to say were my favorite. So here are my songs ….they are not in any order because it was hard enough just to pick them. She’s in love with the Boy by Trisha Yearwood. I really like this song because it tells a story and it is very romantic. Jonny’s daddy I’m not exactly sure who this is by but I love this song because at first the boy does not like the girl and thinks she is annoying by wanting to go fishing with them and then he ends up dating her and saving her life, then they get married and have a baby and she is dying and all he is willing to give up his life in order to save her. What if she’s and angel? I am not sure who this one is by either but it really put things into perspective because it makes you think about the things you could have done for others but do not because you don’t want to be bothered. This songs asks you what if she’s is an angel sent here from heaven and she’s making certain that you’re doing your best to help one another, bother are you gonna pass that test? This song just really makes you think about what you don’t do and how much more you have to give. The next song is called The Good Stuff; I love this song because this old man tells this newlywed boy how to deal with everything and how much the little things mean so much more than anything else. He tells the boy how is wife died or cancer and then he stopped drinking because there are too many things in life not to remember what is going on. Idiot boyfriend, umm lol …..I just like this song because it is hilarious because this guy talks about how bad of a boyfriend he is and how he knows what she wants but he would rather do what he wants so he doesn’t care. Concrete Angel, by Martina McBride because this is a sad song that makes you realize that this kind of thing goes on and people do not say anything and just let it go on. While this little girl suffers everyday and has to become an adult before she turns 10. The next song is Barbie girl just because it is upbeat and fun to listen too. Plus it is funny and a good song to dance to. She don’t know she’s beautiful, I love this song just because it makes me happy that someone can feel that way about someone else. Home wrecker, by Gretchen Wilson, I like this song because it is nice to listen to when you have fights with your boyfriend….or he has cheated on you….because then this gets replayed several times. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood for some of the same reasons as the song before and because it is a good song and I love Carrie Underwood. There are tons more songs that could have made this list but I just picked the ones that I got to first.

Anonymous said...

The top ten songs on my ipod collection are:
1. I'll be by Edwin McCain- I like this song because I was in an acapella group back in high school and this reminds me of all the good times I had singing with "Cloud 9". I also just like the song, it always put me in a good mood.
2. Hero by Nickelback- I like this song for a couple of different reasons. I went to the Nickelback concert and they were really good live so it reminds me of that. Also, this is the spider-man theme song which is the coolest superhero of them all.
3. Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria- This song is on my top ten because it is just awesome. I'm not really a heavy metal fan but this song is has really good instrumentals and just a tight song to jam to.
4. Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio- This song is my favorite rap song ever. This song reminds me when I was a kid when it first came out in 1996. The beat is really cool, the lyrics are cool, and the song itself almost everyone knows.
5. How to save a life by The Fray- This song I love because it is very easy rock. The lyrics are really good. It has a good beat to it and always makes me in a better mood. Besides that I just like the Fray a lot.
6. Insomniac by the U of I X-tension chords- I like this song because it is another song that is acapella. My acapella group sung this when I was in high school and it was my favorite song to sing so it reminds me of that.
7. Don't Give Up by Josh Groban- This song I like a lot because Josh Groban's voice is so good. The lyrics are really inspirational and I appreciate how he makes it seem so easy to sing such a difficult. It's relaxing.
8.Free Bird by Leonard Skynard- This song is one of my favorites because it has the sweetest guitar solo I've ever heard. This song is just sweet to jam to or listen to.
9. The Next Episode by Snoop Dogg- This is one of my favorite rap songs. Its has a really tight beat and the lyrics are funny. When you turn the bass up its really cool cause the bass line is awesome.
10. Still Fly by Three-Six Mafia- This song is one of my favorites because it also has a really cool beat to it. It is a good song to dance to at a party because it is rap and has a steady beat.

Anonymous said...

When I started to do this one, I actually went through my entire playlist and just listed every song that had truly meant something to me. These aren’t necessarily my favorite songs but they are the ones that mean the most for me. When I was done with this I had just over 50 songs. So then I really had to narrow it down to just ten and here is what I came up with:
1. Move Along- The All-American Rejects. I like this song because it makes me think of moving past some of the bad things in life. When things get bad you have to get over it and deal.
2. Wasted- Cartel. I really have enjoyed Cartel of the past few years. They have good voices and this song reminds me that life is precious.
3. Clocks- Coldplay. I just love pretty much all of Coldplay’s songs and this is by far my favorite. This song makes me want to tap my hands on a desk or something.
4. The Space Between- Dave Matthews Band. I also really enjoy the Dave Matthews Band. He has a superb voice and the words are very meaningful to me.
5. 100 Years- Five for Fighting. I love almost all songs that feature the piano and once again he has an amazing voice. This one helps me think that we have to live life to its fullest and value every day.
6. How To Save A Life- The Fray. The Fray is simply amazing. This song reminds me of my high school friends when we would play this song really loud and sing just as loud. We would do this when we would drive to high school basketball games.
7. Swing Life Away- Rise Against. I have a high school friend who introduced me to this song and I was hooked. It has a good guitar part and the words are really meaningful.
8. Limelight- Rush. Rush is one of my favorite rock bands and they have a great drummer. Limelight is good because everyone has some desire to be famous and be in the limelight.
9. Possibilities- Sanctus Real. I have never really heard of this band until my brother bought me their CD. After this I like them a lot and in everyday conversation I will just say oh the possibilities because of this song.
10. Stuck In a Moment You Can’t Get Out of- U2. I could basically choose all of U2’s songs but I decided on this one. The lyrics speak for themselves on this one.

JDLV200 said...

Really this is a blog that got me by surprise because I don’t have a favorite music I listing to whatever music is in the radio. Sometimes I stay for a time listening to the same songs because they remind me of something good or they give energy to continue moving on with my life. Songs that I have in my iTunes or media player can go from runaway and always from Bon Jovi to stronger from K west. So I don’t have a favorite kind of music. The music that I use to listen back home is not very famous here but I still listen to them a little bit. There is a group call Sin Bandera that have a lot of songs I like for example Sera that means something like (I will be) mientes tan bien (you lie to) and my favorite song sirena (siren). They are mainly a kind of pop group but I have to say that their songs are amazing. Now that I m in the university o harder to keep track of the new songs and new albums that are release. Because we don’t have that much time to listen to the radio and went we are working on a paper or something like that what I do is listening to my iTunes. So I’m not really updated in the music that has come out. I have to say this now that I m living in the states I have been able to see the different kinds of music and how they are different from what I use to hear back home. I’m my personal opinion being able to do this and knowing to languages I have been able to see that Spanish music is very different from the music in English and this is not in a bad away but my opinion is that Spanish music works better for love and communications of feelings and English music works better for giving you energy to continue with your life. This is very good because seeing this has open my eyes to al kind of different music and as I said in the beginning I don’t have a favorite one so I’m able to hear all kind of music and analyze it. So sorry for not giving you my top 10 but the reality is that I don’t have one I depend on how I feel that day. Like right now I doing this block I’m listening to music from Bon Jovi.

DavidB. said...

The top 10 songs on my IPod are... (in no particilar order)
1) Johnny Lang- Red light.
I like this song because its got great lyrics and tempo to it. Its got a nice bluesy and country feel to it.
2) Chris Cagle- Cause the Chicks Dig it.
I like this song because I think it's hilarious. I guess you could say that it might be the theme song to my life.
3) OAR- Crazy Game of Poker.
I was introduced to this song by a high school teacher of mine. It's a college classic song that I don't think will ever die.
4) Bon Jovi- Living on a Prayer.
I heard this song on a friday on my way to my philo class and stopped by and met some really nice people and have been going to fun day friday ever since.
5) The Honorary Title- Everything I Once Had.
This song just has a really chill feeling to it. I relaxes me and is actually a pretty sad song.
6) The Rolling Stones- Paint it Black.
This is an awesome song. I big fan of the Stones too. Awesome beat too.
7) The Who- Baba O Riley.
Classic song. Amazing song. Some people don't know this song is not actually called "Teenage Wasteland".
8) MIMS- Like This.
This song has a good beat and the lyrics are hilarious.
9) David Gray- Babylon.
This is another good song. I remember going to Milanos back in high school and listening to these guys play guitar. They covered this song and that was one of the better nights of my Junior year.
10) Tracy Lawrence- You Find out Who Your Friends Are.
This song brings me back to the summer before college. Barn parties. Bon Fires. Four Wheelin. Raisin Hell. Muddin in the truck. Dirtbikes. Shot guns. Bows. Deer hunting. And the high life. I think this song makes me miss the old crew alot.

MeganP. said...

It is always hard to pick songs that you can choose as the top ten songs because they change all the time.
1. “How do you like me now?” by Toby Keith is probably my all time favorite song. It was the first country song I liked, which now I love country. My uncle and I sang this a million times on a road trip to Jacksonville, Florida. He is more like my brother than my uncle so it’s one of my favorite memories. But, I love Toby Keith, and I know every word of that song, and how long it lasts by heart.
2. “Glamorous” by Fergie is another one of my favorite songs. My two best friends and I first heard it at a Snowflake dance last year during my senior year. Before that we went to Taco Bell for dinner which was probably one of the best experiences. We are obsessed with Taco Bell, and one of the lyrics in the song is “I still go to Taco, drive-through…” and we would sing that at the top of our lungs.
3. “Look after You” by The Fray is probably one of my all time favorite songs too. I love the The Fray the band, and it also holds some memory to it too. But, I do love the actual song.
4. “Last Dance with Mary Jane” by Tom Petty is another top song. Tom Petty is one of my favorite singers/band, and out of all the songs, this is my favorite.
5. “Some Devil, Some Angel” by the Dave Matthews Band. Dave Matthews is one of my favorite bands. I love so many of his songs, but if I had to pick one of them by his it would be this one. I love the lyrics to this song.
6. “To Where You Are” by Josh Groban is a pretty song. When my aunt died, they played this at her funeral, so it will always have a memory to me.
7. “Hotel California” by The Eagles is an all time classic song. There is no particular reason behind liking it other than its an amazing song that I could listen to a hundred times.
8. “Colorblind” by Counting Crows is another one of my favorites. I love the Counting Crows, and it was a big song for Cruel Intentions which is one of my favorite movies.
9. “Buffalo Soldier” by Bob Marley is a classic. My friend and I would always listen to it on the way to soccer practice after school, and would dread going to it. Also, one of my best friends loved this song, and told me to listen to it, and I have loved listening to it ever since. Another song that I know every word to by heart.
10. “Back Where I Come From” by Kenny Chesney. Especially now that I’m somewhat far from home, it reminds me of my hometown, Pittsburgh. I went to his concert twice, and when he played this song, on the Jumbotron there were pictures and video clips of Pittsburgh. I listen to it when I get homesick, but I also love Kenny Chesney too.

Anonymous said...

Even though this seems like it would be a very easy and one of my favorite blogs, I feel like this is a pretty hard one. I love all kinds of music, so to pick ten of my favorite songs is going to be tough. As I’m going through my playlist on I-Tunes, I decide that I’m not going to be able to pick just ten so I’m going to scroll down and the first ten songs that I know I love that come up first will make the list. I don’t have the songs in any specific order of preference; I’m just putting them in order as I find them.
1. Avril Lavigne – When You’re Gone
I have been a huge fan of Avril Lavigne ever since her first CD came out. Even though Avril is known as being a punk artist, this is a very mellow song and I love the music.
2. Timbaland – The Way I Are
If you are ever in the mood to get up and dance, this is the perfect song! Whenever my friends and I are listening to music, as this song comes on, no matter who is around, I’m going to get excited and start dancing!
3. Acceptance – Contagious
When MySpace first came out, I remember this being one of my friends songs on her page and my computer wouldn’t let me download this song, so every day I’d go onto her page just so I could listen to this song. It’s very upbeat, not like a dance song, but it always put me in a good mood.
4. David Gray – This Year’s Love
I first heard this song the summer going into 8th grade when my friend and I went and saw the movie Crazy Beautiful. It might come off as a very depressing song but it is a great slow song. This is the kind of song that you can listen to four or five times in a row and never get sick of it.
5. Coldplay – Sparks
My boyfriend is a huge fan so he made me a couple CD’s and I thought I’d give them a shot so that I can learn grow to love the same music as him. This song is in a lot of movies, especially during romantic scenes, and it’s another song that will always make me happy because it is so chill.
6. Baby Bash – Cyclone
Another great dancing song! This reminds me of this summer and how all my girlfriends and I would dance to this in the car over and over again!
7. Taylor Swift – Tear Drops on My Guitar
I absolutely love Taylor, definitely my favorite country artist. It’s a very sad song, but still great song, so I tend to listen to it when I’m in a sad or tired mood.
8. Snow Patrol – Run
When my brother and I, Mikey, were taking a roadtrip together, Snow Patrol is one of his favorite bands so he had a lot of songs by them. Mikey and I have always been very close so this song reminds me of him in a way.
9. Jimmy Eat World – Sweetness
This has always been one of my favorite songs. My best friend and I would always blare this song and roll all the windows down in my car and sing and dance to it all the time, it is definitely one of my favorite things to do in the summer.
10. The All-American rejects – Paper Heart
My younger brother actually introduced me to this song and it’s a great “pump-up” song.

Andrew Q. said...

I listen to a lot of different music but I would have to say these are my top ten songs on my iPod.
1. Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen.
- I heard this song a few years ago and I’m not sure exactly why I like it but I’m a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen and it just makes me relax. The song is about a man that goes to Atlantic City to try and get out of a bad situation whenever I hear this song I just don’t take life as serious.
2. Better Day’s by Goo Goo Dolls
- I like this song because it just sounds good and for some reason it makes me remember a friend of mine.
3. Thank you, Mom by Good Charlotte
- Whenever I hear this song I think about my mom and how much of an influence she has had on me. It makes me realized how hard a moms work and how they always do that extra bit to try and make the day better.
4. How do you like me Now by Tobey Keith
- I love this song. Every time I hear it I can’t help but have a smile on my face. It is the song that you would play for anyone that doubted you when you just accomplished something.
5. Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty
- I like this song because I used to listen to it before hockey games. It is a song that makes you keep your head up and to keep going.
6. I’ve Been Watching You by Rodney Atkins
- I like this song because it reminds me of my dad. Just like in the song when I was little I would always imitate my dad and what he would do which wasn’t always the best thing but often times the best thing.
7. Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- I like this song because it is just a chill song. The artist has a good voice and talks about what someone means to another.
8. What do You Think about That by Montgomery Gentry
- This is just a sweet song to me. It reminds me to not care what other people thing and to just be who I am not be ashamed of it.
9. Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks
- I’m a country fan so who doesn’t like Garth Brooks?
10. Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen
- I’ve always liked this song. I’m not sure why but ever since I was little I’ve listened to Bruce Springsteen and this has always been one of my favorite songs. It is a good song because the message is to not wait for that perfect outcome and to just take chances and live life.

Kevin S. said...

To be perfectly honest I don’t think I have any particular favorite song but if I had to give them in order they would go something like this, in no particular order since I have no favorite one song.
Take Me Home Tonight – Eddie Money
This song is such a good song, the lyrics and the beat go good together. It has been in my family and is know in my family as a good party song. Also my sister and her husband got me hooked on it when I came to visit them here at Dayton about 3 years ago. My favorite part in the song is the chorus just because it is a great sing-a-long.
Someday – Flipsyde
I actually had no idea this song even existed until my girlfriend introduced it to me. It is just one of those songs that I can listen to over and over. It gets me pumped up for anything, I love this song.
Crank That Soldier Boy – Soldier Boy
First of all I know the dance, second this song is funny, and third it is the ultimate party song. My fondest memory of the song consist of Dayton. My entire floor knows the dance and we routinely practice it in the hallways. Another good memory is one weekend in the Ghetto “Student Neighborhood” when every house was playing this song and everyone was just dancing to the song, it was classic and still makes me laugh.
Wait For You – Elliot Yamin
This song is a good song to sing to. I love the piano for some reason and the beginning of the song is all piano. The lyrics actually make sense and the guy has a good voice. I first heard it on the radio and instantly like it.
I Wear My Sunglasses At Night – Corey Hart
This song just makes me laugh because the lyrics are hilarious. “don’t switch the blade on the guy in shades, don’t masscarade with the guy in shades, you got it made with the guy in shades” haha, this song is a true classic song. Just put your sunglasses on and chill whatever the time of day it is.
Sweetest Girl – Wyclef ft. Akon
I like the background singing. The girl adds a good mixture to the song and this is the kind of rap I mostly listen to. Something that flows well and attracts a large audience. This would rank as one of my favorites if I had to.
Here – Rascal Flatts
I love Rascal Flatts, this might as well represent all their songs. I have been seen 2 of their concerts in person, and own all their CD’s. as stubborn as I am my mom got me hooked on them originally. My favorite band is Rascal Flatts that’s for sure.
Ghetto Gospel – Elton John ft. Tupac
This song has a great beat, and Elton really adds good mixture. Tupac and Elton together equals a top 50 hit. Even though Tupac is believed to be dead somehow the two got together and made a hit.
I’m Already There – Lonestar
I don’t know one person who doesn’t like this song. That just might be me but this song is awesome. It’s slow but it is fun to sing to. I like to crank the stereo up and just sing to this.
Just A Small Town Girl – Journey
Another song handed down by the family. I can honestly say I listen to this song just about every day, weird I know. I never get sick of it just because of the great beat and lyrics. Also Journey is just awesome but that’s another story.

Avery C. said...

I am actually extremely mad my iPod broke and I don’t have my iPod to listen to when I work out! I am not a really big music person so I would probably have a lot of bad music on my top ten! When I work out I play a lot of pump up music and dance music! There would be probably be a lot of Britney Spears….I do like working out to her music it keeps me going when I work out! I really though am not a huge music person so I am not that devastated by not having my iPod! I have this one mix that my friends and I made when we went to Hawaii…it was all dance music! Every time I hear these songs on the radio or when I am working out it make me laugh and think about all the fun memories I had! I don’t have any specific songs that are my favorite it is more mix’s that my friends have made, for our school golf team every year we would make a mix and whenever I hear those songs it brings me right back to golf season which was one of the best times of my life! Even though I am not an big music person all those songs on my iPod and mix’s bring back such great memories of such fun times I had!

Anonymous said...

I listen to all kinds of music so this is kind hard to only pick ten songs. I could pick my ten favorite artist, but only ten songs! I am taking the last ten I added to my “On-the-Go” list to make my decision easier. “Follow Me’ by Uncle Kracker and Kid Rock. I like this song because I like the tempo of the song; it is not too fast and not too slow. It is an awesome song to drive to.
“Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root. First of all it is in the movie Matilda, which is one of my favorites. On one vacation alone I watched that movie every time ate lunch and to go to sleep. Let’s just say, I am the only one that still likes this movie. It is also a good song to keep you driving with its faster tempo. “Love Train” by Big and Rich. I like this song because it is a fun song. My favorite verse in the song is ‘the whole color thing has never made since to me, who gives a hoot f your red yellow purple or pink.’ I think it symbolizes the majority of people, or at least me, that color these days dose not really matter. “Then you look at me” by Celine Dion. It is a very sweet and soft song. This song helps me fall asleep at night when I am stressed. I also like to sing along with her, she hits all the notes. “Almost” by Bowling for Soup. Sometimes I feel like this, that I almost had bigger things but they have not happened yet. It is also a fast song and on my driving playlist. “Jump on it” by Sir Mix-A-Lot. This song is on my favorite movie; Stick it, which is a gymnastics movie. It also has a fun dance to it; the gymnastics team and I could do it for hours at sleepovers. “Find Yourself” by Brad Paisley. This song was on another one of my favorite movies, Cars. I feel that college is about finding yourself. In my life this is the step of life I am currently in, trying to find myself. “My Oh My” by The Wreckers. This song is just fun to listen to. The lyrics are true to because life seems like it flies; it seems like yesterday that I was walking to kindergarten and now I am walking in a college campus. “Everyday America” by Sugarland. I like this song because it just is fun to listen and sing. “Can you feel the love tonight” by Joseph Williams. This song was made for the movie The Lion King. I like how the whole song just starts out with Timmons saying.

TimothyW. said...

Almost all of the music that I listen to is Country which is clearly represented in my list of favorite songs. Here is a list of 10 songs that I listen to the most in no particular order:
Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith is by far my favorite song. It reminds me every time that I listen to it why I joined the Army and why this country I live in is so great.
Young by Kenny Chesney just makes me think of my childhood and growing up back home with all my friends. All the things that are talked about in that song I can put a memory to and put faces to the people that I did all the things with.
My Last Name by Dierks Bentley always makes me thing of where I came from. It reminds me to never do anything to stupid to make it a name that people only remember as a negative aspect. It not only represents who I am but where I came from. It reminds me how proud I am of being in the family I am in.
Online by Brad Paisley is just a funny song. There is no particular reason why I like this song and why it is in my top 10 other then every time I hear it I start to sing along and it never fails to make me laugh.
A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr. lets me know that I don’t have to keep on fallowing the main stream in this Country and work in big office buildings in big cities. It reminds me that I can do what I enjoy and what I have always loved to do rather than spend my life in an office I can spend it out in the fields.
Letters from home by John Michael Montgomery reminds me of friends and family who have been deployed and write letters home. Being in the Army and hoping to be deployed one day it reminds me to always write home to make those who are missing you smile at the idea that you are doing what needs to be done.
It’s a Great Day to Be Alive by Travis Tritt is a great song to pick yourself up whenever stuff isn’t going right. I can put this song on anytime I want and at the end of it I will always be in a better mood then when I started it.
What do you think about that by Montgomery Gentry is a great song. It keeps me doing whatever I want to do and not letting people’s opinions affect me. I know I have friends and what I do they also enjoying doing so those who don’t like what I do can just move on cause I know I am not going to change.
Don’t Blink by Kenny Chesney just reminds me how fast life goes. Growing up you always hear you grandparents telling you that don’t run to fast or you will run straight through your life cause it will be over before you know it. This song is just there to remind me to enjoy my life and every minute of it before I something happens.
These are my people by Rodney Atkins is another song that talks about a lot of the same things that I did as a kid and that I do now. It is just a song that talks to you like it was written about things that you did as you grew up.

Danny said...

These are my favorite songs (in no particular order):
Hurricane –Bob Dylan
The song Hurricane is one of my favorites simply because I have grown up on Bob Dylan. My dad is a big Bob Dylan Fan so I know and listen to a lot of Dylan and Hurricane just happens to be one of my favorite songs. The song talks all about Reuben “Hurricane” Carter who was framed for murder, according to Bob Dylan.
Tiny Dancer –Elton John
Tiny Dancer is one of my favorite songs for one reason, the Movie, Almost Famous. There is a part in the movie where the band is singing Tiny Dancer on the tour bus and ever since seeing that movie the song has just sort of stuck with me.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps –The Beatles
While My Guitar Gently weeps is by far my favorite Beatles song of all time. A lot of people give all the credit to John Lennon and Paul McCartney. But in my opinion, George Harrison came out with some of the better Beatles songs, such as: While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Hey Jude –The Beatles
I am kind of in a phase right now where I appreciate the piano in music a lot. Hey Jude, being a piano song has greatly drawn my attention. I especially like the part towards the end where McCartney starts to sort of scream, singing, “Jude Judey Judey Jude Jude Ju.”
Free Falling –Tom Petty
Lately I have been pretty hooked on Tom Petty. Although Free Falling is not his best song it is one of the ones that I have gotten hooked on lately, much like Hey Jude. Free Falling is a catchy tune and has some good riffs on the guitar.
Barrel of a Gun –Guster
Guster is one of my favorite bands of all time. Barrel of a Gun is one of their lesser known songs, but I enjoy it none the less. At the Guster concert that I went to over the summer it was probably one of the best songs that they played, everyone was dancing around and singing and it just made the experience that much more enjoyable.
The Sound of Settling –Death Cab for Cutie
Death Cab for Cutie is another one of my favorite bands of all time. The Sound of Settling was one of their more famous songs before the CD Plans came out and made them more popular. It is one of my favorite songs; it is short and simple but has a catchy tune. Ben Gibbard, also the lead singer for The Postal Service, is masterful with his use of metaphors in his lyrics.
New Slang –The Shins
New Slang is a song by The Shins off of the Garden State Soundtrack. I particularly enjoy this song because of the scene from Garden State that it reminds me of each time I watch it and also, because I enjoy the talent of the guitarist from The Shins.
Yellow –Coldplay
Yellow is possibly my favorite song. When I went to the Coldplay concert, Yellow was my favorite song they played. They had giant yellow balloons that fell from the ceiling of the United Center and when you popped them gold glitter scattered everywhere.
Jaded (These Years) –Mest
The Mest song Jaded (These Years) is just an all around good song. It is more of an Indie/Alternative song. Jaded has very catchy lyrics and riffs.

matt d. said...

“carry on my wayward sun”
Kansas
My dad first introduced me to this song. I like it a lot because it has a great guitar part. The main melody is one that is so easy to get stuck in your head. The lyrics tell me to never give up and no matter what I do it will turn out good in the end. I used to listen to this song before soccer games because it pumped me up with its electric guitar.
“pretender”
Foo fighters.
This is another intense song that pumps me up. The rhythm and rock of it just flows through you and makes me think I can do anything.
“higher power”
Boston
Yes, another “pump-up song”. In this song a one of the singers sings with an extremely low voice. It’s really intense and exhilarating.
“hooked on a feeling”
Dr. Hook
This song is just a fun song. It’s one that you just like to sing, whether it’s to someone or just to the shower curtain. We serenaded all the girls at band camp and one year we sang this song. It was a hit and continues to be for all who hear it.
“how far we’ve come”
Matchbox 20
I like this new song because it has a great tune.
“afternoon delight”
Ron Burgundy
This is a very funny song. It is also great because it is in a great movie.

Jacob M. said...

The top ten songs on my iPod vary from different genres of music.
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Hey Oh! Would be the first song that I pick because it is a song that I like and is go to listen to anytime in the day no matter what time of mood you may be in. I usually listen to this song when I am going to sleep and when I am doing homework. The second song would be “the Zephyr Song” by Red Hot Chili Peppers because this song gives me good memories of traveling in the summer and going out. I also like this song because it reminds me of my best friend at home. The third song would be “Guys Like Me” by Eric Church, and I like this song because it reminds of my all the times with the guys at home and going to different houses for parties and playing soccer on the weekends. The fourth song would be “Mud on the Tires” by Brad Paisley because it reminds me of being at the farm with my brothers and sisters. It also reminds me of when me and my friends used to go off-roading on the weekends. The fifth song would be “Big Things Poppin” by T.I. because this reminds me off going out on the weekend when I have long weeks. It just gets me in a dancing and parting kind of mood. The sixth song would be “Animals” by Nickleback because this song just makes me forget of what I am doing and makes get in a good relaxed mood and thinking of better parts of the weekend. The seventh song would be “Stronger” by Kanye West because it makes me push harder when it comes to soccer and school. It gives me some motivation to do something better than I might already be doing. The eighth song would by “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks because this reminds me of the country and being on a tractor at my grandpas farm in Pennsylvania. The ninth song would be “9mm” by ATB because this is a techno song that reminds of playing soccer when I was in Europe. It gives a foreign touch to the American music that I listen to. Last one would be “Bartender” by Akon because it also gives me a sense of going out on the weekends and laying back and having a good time.

Anonymous said...

I love to listen to music and these are just a few of the songs I love. I listen to a wide variety of music from country to rap. These songs are not necessarily my favorite songs, but I do listen to them a lot.
They are, in no specific order:
1. Don’t Matter – Akon
I love this song because it says that if someone truly loves something, it does not matter what everyone else thinks. People are entitled to their own opinion and yes it does matter to a certain extent what other people think, but it is your opinion. Love is a crazy thing also, and it should only matter to the one you love and the one that loves you.
2. Beautiful Girls – Sean Kingston
In this song, Kingston sings about girls who are beautiful and why a relationship would never work between them and the guy. I just really love the way this song is sung and loved it when it first came out. Now, I still like it but do not listen to it as much.
3. Brand New Girlfriend – Steve Holy
I really like the rhythm and lyrics in this song. It is about a new girlfriend and what happens. Also, there are some funny parts to it. It is a great song to sing along with while driving in the car.
4. Walk It Out – DJ Ink
This is a rap song that has a nice beat. It is a great song to dance to. It has it’s own dance moves that deal with your feet. It was very popular in high school and is starting to die off.
5. Every Time I Hear Your Name – Keith Anderson
I love this song. It is a country song that is slower in the beat. It actually has my birthday in it, May 5th. I love the lyrics in the song and what he says. This song is about two people who are apart, and every time he hears her name, he thinks about her constantly. Oh yes, and to top it all off, the artist has the same name as me!
6. If You’re Going Through Hell – Rodney Adkins
This song is about troubles. He says, “If your going through hell, keep on going.” So, he means that you should never give up no matter how difficult things my seem. He also mentions that you should no show any troubles of fear and just gets through them happily.
7. Live Like You Were Dying – Tim McGraw
This song is a very touching song because it talks about dying. It says that everyone should live like they were dying. They should do the things they always have wanted to do. Like sky diving and Rocky Mountain climbing. Also, he talks about many emotional things like loving deeper, the father he never was, and gave forgiveness.
8. Lost in this Moment – Big and Rich
In this song, it talks about two people in love and who are lost in the moment in each other’s arms. This is a slower song and has a lot of emotion to it. It talks about getting married and living a loving life with each other by their side forever no matter what.
9. Me and My Gang – Rascal Flatts
This song is a country song that is about a bunch of people just hanging out. They are all good friends talking about what they like to do from bon fires to going across town. This is an upbeat country song that is great to sing along with.
10. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
This is country song that is about what someone wishes to another person. It is a slow song and is very touching. It is full of very positive, uplifting, and encouraging messages.

BradleyL. said...

I have many different favorites, but the top ten on my ipod are:
Welcome home by Coheed and Cambria because it kicks ass and turns any mood into a serious die hard head banging good time. The first time I heard this song I was feeling pretty down on myself and it all changed when I heard the song.
If I could be Like That by 3 Doors Down, Is my all time favorite song because it reminds me of both of my parents. It has a dry tempo with perfect lyric to match every note.
It’s not Over by Daughtry only because I wanted him to win on American Idol. He was my favorite, but I can’t really say that because I’ve only seen one season.
100 years by Five for Fighting, because it’s just a great song especially when I need to feel down on myself. You’ve had those moments when you need to get something out of your system.
How to Save a Life by The Fray is a song that means a lot to me. One of my friends died and his parents found out that he had tickets to The Fray’s concert. There was a news story about it and everything. They dedicated it to him and others when they performed at the concert.
Differences by Genuine, It was my girlfriends and my song for 3 years. I’m going back to see her in 2 months.
Someday by Nickelback is a great song to wrap your arms around. I always have fun with it whenever I listen to it.
Scottie doesn’t know by Sum 41 has so much history. It has always been good to the high school gang and I.

Anonymous said...

-Ayo Technology by 50Cent
I really like this song because it has a very good beat, and rhythm. 50Cent is one of my favorite artists, and I listen to many of his songs. I think that I enjoy this song so much because of the rhythm and not really because of the words. I really couldn’t sit here and recite the lyrics to the song because I really can’t remember them, but I can hear the rhythm in my head and that is what sticks out the most to me.
- Cyclone by Baby Boy Da Prince
I think that song is one of my favorites because it reminds me of my friends. When I first heard this song I was with my friends visiting them in Miami, and this song just makes me think of the whenever I hear it. It has good lyrics and just makes me want to turn it up every time I hear it.
Be My Lover by Labouche
Some might consider this song odd to have on a boy’s ipod, but this is purely an awesome song. This is the best dance song around and it is from one of my favorite movies “ A Night at the Roxbury.”
Main Attraction by Royalty Camp
This song was created by a group of Cleveland rappers that I had the chance to meet through church. Ironically enough I attend the same church as them in the inner city of East Cleveland. This song also features LeBron James who is the best basketball player around.
Hit Em Up by Lil Wayne
I listened to this song before my high school footballs games and it always got me pumped up. Lil Wayne is one of my favorite rappers, an this song’s lyrics really get me pumped up and ready for my athletic events.
I Done Came Down by Al Fatz
This song was also produced by a rapper that came up in the same neighborhood that I attend church. His song is currently on the NFL Madden 2007 video game soundtrack and is just an awesome song. I think I like this song so much because he raps about areas and streets that I know, and live.
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
I am pretty sure almost every person has blared this song and screamed the lyrics right along with the track. This is an awesome song that pretty much everyone loves. It has awesome lyrics and it is very easy to sing along with.
Crazy Game of Poker by OAR
This song is another song that most people from my area know and love. It has a catchy beat and it very fun t o sing along to. Every summer this band comes into town and my friends and I have the best times of our lives there. This reminds me of the summers with my friends.
Wonderwall by Oasis
This song is a slower, sadder song. This also reminds me of the last few days I was with my friends before leaving for school. Whenever I hear he lyrics I can’t help but think of them and miss them. It also reminds me of the good times too, which is why I love it so much.
I Go Back by Rascal Flatts
This song is also a reminder of my last summer before leaving for college. It reminds me of my old high school memories or sports, friends, girls, and my school. I like listening to this song because I think that sometimes it’s good to go back and remember the good times.

Anonymous said...

My top ten list goes in order of favorite to least favorite:
1. Bubbly by: Colbie Caillat
Because it reminds me of one of my best friends who I miss soo much and he actually dedicated this song to me on facebook which is how I found out it existed.
2. Apologize by: Timbaland
This song is so sad but I love Timbaland he is so good plus this song reminds me of everything that me and my boyfriends are going through right now.
3. Candyman by: Christina Aguilera
I love this song because I did a dance to it for my competition team and it just reminds me of them and how much I miss dance.
4. Love stoned/I think she knows by: Justin Timberlake
I think this is a brilliant song how he uses only voices in the beginning and then the orchestra in the second part of the song.
5. Irish drinking song (boondock saints theme)
This song just gets me so pumped I always whistle to it and it makes want to go beat someone at a game or something.
6. Tear drops on my guitar by: Taylor Swift
I really wish I could be her because she is so beautiful and I love her voice plus this song reminds me of my best guy friends who I still have a tiny crush on.
7. Chicago by: sufjan Stevens
This song is from one of my favorite movies “Little miss sunshine” plus I love all of Sufjan’s work he is such an amazing artist.
8. Chasing cars by: Snow Patrol
This one was me and my boyfriend’s song so I listen to it all the time.
9. What hurts the most by: Rascal Flatts
The boyfriend!
10. Happy Ending by: Mika
Well the boyfriend first of all plus I love this song because it has a really good singer and because I like the little gospel choir at the end its so inspiring.

AB 200 said...

Before we start here, I am aware that I do listen to very “girley” music. The main the reason for this is because of my ex girlfriend but also because that is just what I like to listen to.
The top 10 songs on my ipod-mp3 player are as follows.
1. Clocks by Coldplay. The reason why this is the number one song on my iTunes is because I love the background music and it is a very calm song. It’s not a very intense song, and it’s not a song about drugs, alcohol or sex. It’s just a great song and a very mellow song, a great song to listen to while doing homework.
2. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind. The reason why this song is here is because I think third eye blind is a very good band, and I love this song and also how it’s going to be. As you can tell by the first two songs I am a big fan of alternative music.
3. How Far We’ve Come by Matchbox Twenty. This is the third song that I have on my iTunes, and it’s my favorite song by Matchbox. It’s the newest hit by matchbox. The reason why I like matchbox twenty is because it was my ex girl-friends favorite band, so I have heard lots of M-20 music.
4. I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphy’s. The reason why I like this song is because last year I was at a saint Patrick’s day party, and this song was on like 100 times, and everyone was dancing to it, and after the party I went home and download it and whenever I think about saint patty’s day I go back and play the song.
5. Extreme Ways by Moby. The reason why this song is on my iTunes/iPod/MP3 player is because one day I was watching YouTube, which I do on a daily basis, and on one of the videos that I was watching, they had this song being played in the background, while showing highlights from a football game, and then one day I heard it across the hall in my neighbors dorm room and I asked him the name of the song and I went onto iTunes and downloaded the song.
6. Miami by Will Smith. The reason why this song is here is because the song is all about the city of Miami which I hold very close to my heart because I am a huge Miami Hurricanes fan, and just before the canes game I blast this song to get even more excited about the game. Then after a win I blast the song, but if we lose, and I have to do work, or I’m lying in my bed listen to music and this song comes up I get up and the change the song as soon as possible.
7. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band. This is a great song. At the beginning I wasn’t a huge fan of DMB, but then this summer I went to a concert in Chicago and it was a blast and when I got home I called my friend who knew every song that was played and I downloaded them all. Another reason why I like this song is because the first minute and a half is the theme song of mission impossible or so I think.
8. SK8er Boi by Avril Lavigne. A typical girl song, yes I spoiled by my girl friend. I don’t know exactly why I like this song, and I don’t know why I still listen to this song, because I am no longer going out with the girl and avril is meant for 12 year old girls but for some reason I still listen to this song. It may be because I consider myself a skater because I will be a hockey player for life, but I don’t know.
9. 24-7 by Trace Adkins. When you have looked at my top 8 songs and then you see #9, you might be shocked to see a country song. This is because of my brother, he is a huge country music fan, he wears a cowboy hat all the time, and he cheers for sports team because they are in Tennessee which is the home to country music. When my brother first started listen to country music I was not a fan, but after time listen to Adam blare country over and over again I have just gotten used to it and in particular, I like this song a lot because of what trace talks about. The song is written from someone who was a soldier and they died and they are in the Arlington cemetery. Every time I listen to this song, in some way shape or form I cry.
10. Shawty by Plies and T-Pain. This is one of the few rap songs that I have on my iTunes and I just like it because I feel the name Shawty is a very funny name, and lots of my friends like this new song, and it’s just a very funny song.

AB 200 said...

Before we start here, I am aware that I do listen to very “girley” music. The main the reason for this is because of my ex girlfriend but also because that is just what I like to listen to.
The top 10 songs on my ipod-mp3 player are as follows.
1. Clocks by Coldplay. The reason why this is the number one song on my iTunes is because I love the background music and it is a very calm song. It’s not a very intense song, and it’s not a song about drugs, alcohol or sex. It’s just a great song and a very mellow song, a great song to listen to while doing homework.
2. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind. The reason why this song is here is because I think third eye blind is a very good band, and I love this song and also how it’s going to be. As you can tell by the first two songs I am a big fan of alternative music.
3. How Far We’ve Come by Matchbox Twenty. This is the third song that I have on my iTunes, and it’s my favorite song by Matchbox. It’s the newest hit by matchbox. The reason why I like matchbox twenty is because it was my ex girl-friends favorite band, so I have heard lots of M-20 music.
4. I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphy’s. The reason why I like this song is because last year I was at a saint Patrick’s day party, and this song was on like 100 times, and everyone was dancing to it, and after the party I went home and download it and whenever I think about saint patty’s day I go back and play the song.
5. Extreme Ways by Moby. The reason why this song is on my iTunes/iPod/MP3 player is because one day I was watching YouTube, which I do on a daily basis, and on one of the videos that I was watching, they had this song being played in the background, while showing highlights from a football game, and then one day I heard it across the hall in my neighbors dorm room and I asked him the name of the song and I went onto iTunes and downloaded the song.
6. Miami by Will Smith. The reason why this song is here is because the song is all about the city of Miami which I hold very close to my heart because I am a huge Miami Hurricanes fan, and just before the canes game I blast this song to get even more excited about the game. Then after a win I blast the song, but if we lose, and I have to do work, or I’m lying in my bed listen to music and this song comes up I get up and the change the song as soon as possible.
7. Two Step by Dave Matthews Band. This is a great song. At the beginning I wasn’t a huge fan of DMB, but then this summer I went to a concert in Chicago and it was a blast and when I got home I called my friend who knew every song that was played and I downloaded them all. Another reason why I like this song is because the first minute and a half is the theme song of mission impossible or so I think.
8. SK8er Boi by Avril Lavigne. A typical girl song, yes I spoiled by my girl friend. I don’t know exactly why I like this song, and I don’t know why I still listen to this song, because I am no longer going out with the girl and avril is meant for 12 year old girls but for some reason I still listen to this song. It may be because I consider myself a skater because I will be a hockey player for life, but I don’t know.
9. 24-7 by Trace Adkins. When you have looked at my top 8 songs and then you see #9, you might be shocked to see a country song. This is because of my brother, he is a huge country music fan, he wears a cowboy hat all the time, and he cheers for sports team because they are in Tennessee which is the home to country music. When my brother first started listen to country music I was not a fan, but after time listen to Adam blare country over and over again I have just gotten used to it and in particular, I like this song a lot because of what trace talks about. The song is written from someone who was a soldier and they died and they are in the Arlington cemetery. Every time I listen to this song, in some way shape or form I cry.
10. Shawty by Plies and T-Pain. This is one of the few rap songs that I have on my iTunes and I just like it because I feel the name Shawty is a very funny name, and lots of my friends like this new song, and it’s just a very funny song.

Eileen S. said...

Music is definately the best ever. I have a very eclectic taste in music i like a little bit of everything. My favorite songs are constantly changing, at the current momemen my favorites to play on the ipod are:
#1 Welcome Back- Mase
This song is a bit old, and yet it means a lot. This summer i went camping with my 3 best freinds and this song reminds me of all the fun times we had. It was definatly the best way to end my summer.

#2 I Melt With You- Jason Mraz
This song just resently came on my ipod when it was set to suffle and i rememembered how good it was. It is a remake of an old song, i do not know the orginal writter. Jason Mraz has a very distinct voice which i love. he is unlike a lot of other song writters and has not let fame really hit him and continues to sing but is never truely in the limelight for anything bad. I feel he is a talented singer and song writer.

#3 Dreaming With a Broken Heart- John Mayer
It was on Grey's Anatomy resently and it really helped me understand the meaning behiind the song. I think John Mayer is a talented singer who has a good sound. His songs always hit close to the heart and have a lot of meaning.

# 4 Bandolero- Don Omar
I Lovess this song. It really means a lot to me. My freind Erick is from el Slalvador and has a lot of spanish music on his ipod and when ever we are in his car he would make me listen to this song. I learned to love it and now that we are at diferrent schools it really helps me to remember all the fun times we have together. I wish i knew what this song was saying but it does have a really good beat.

#5 Our Song- Taylor Swift
She is such a talented singer and i just love her voice. Before i came to school i really did not like country music but since listening to it more and more i have come to like some of it. The words in this song are well writtend.

#6 Bubbly- Colbie Caillat
She has a very unique voice which really like. This song has a lot of cute lines that are quotable.

# 7 Good Life - Kanye West
I just love basically anything Kanye and this is definatly one of my favorite songs by him at the moment.

# 8 Disco Inferno- 50 Cent
I just love to dance to this song. Its got a good beat. I am a big fan of nearly all of 50 Cents music and this is definatly my favorite one.

# 9 I'm In Luv ( Wit a Stripper)- T-Pain
I guess i would say this song is my guilty song, for some reason i just love this song. The title is the basic topic of the song. It has a good beat and is fun to dance to. I like the sound of T-Pains voice i think it is very sothing.

# 10 Kiss Kiss- Chris Brown
THis song is my current Ring tone. Chris Brown is a young rapper with a lot of talent. It is a lot of fun to sing along to this song in the car. I just love the lyrics.

Vincent E. said...

Today as I made a new playlist for my iPod I believe to have some new favorite songs. Usually I am a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers kind of guy, as well as Blink 182 and Rod Stewart. However, my top ten songs right now are in no particular order.
-Save Room by none other than John Legend. Ever since I first heard that song last year while on my way to pick up my tux for prom I haven’t gone a week without listening to it. The beat the lyrics, everything about it made me love it. It also reminded me a lot of my now ex girlfriend so I didn’t listen to it for a while but soon realized that she wasn’t worth the waste of a good song, so it is back to the top on my charts.
- What Goes Around Comes Back Around by my boy Justin Timberlake. While I was at my brothers’ house down at Indiana University, he made me listen to this song during dinner. Ever since then I downloaded it onto my phone and haven’t listened to it since. I drive my roommate nuts at night cause it relaxes me and puts me asleep.
-P.D.A. another by John Legend. This song is the most recent that I have added to my collection. I was messing around with my roommates’ iPod and somehow by mistake ended up listening to it. This is another song that just puts me in a good mood.
- Lay Her Down by Jack Johnson. I came across this song by mistake also, much like the song before. I like this song mostly because it has some awesome lyrics and it would be a great song to listen to with a girl (not meaning anything by it). I also like it because I enjoy most of Jack Johnson’s music.
- A Pirate Looks at Forty by Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers. Another classic to vibe with; this song just makes me think of all the good times I had at the three Buffett concerts I went to over the past few summers. It is also just a song for me.
-TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS. Instead of choosing just one song I decided just to choose all of them, because I thought it would make it a lot easier on me. He is also my favorite artist and whenever I listen to him it always puts me in a good mood and reminds me of my backyard in the summer.
- Ellenwood Area by Crime Mob. This is proably my favorite rap song at this time. I began liking it while riding in my friend’s car with his two fifteens and some ungodly amplifier. It just made me feel like a gang banger and made me want to sell drugs or go out and commit a crime. It is also my ring tone.
- First Date by Blink 182. This song somewhat makes me think of my ex girlfriend which sucks but is still a really good song. I liked it before so it doesn’t or shouldn’t count. I am a big fan of Blink and like all of their songs but this is a favorite of mine as well as Going off to College.
- What Is It by Webbie. I first started liking this song when I heard it riding in my brother’s best friend’s car. Ever since then I listen to it to bust up my self esteem, such as when I am board at work I play it to piss off everyone else who works there.
- Can’t You See by the George Marshall Tucker Band. It was between this and Dave Matthews Crash into Me. Basically I flipped a coin and this is what took the last spot on the countdown. I like it mostly because of the movie Blow and just because someday I would like to see what that woman did to me.

DestinyL. said...

1) The Postal Service- Brand New Colony
I like this band because they have the most unique sound I think I’ve ever heard. This song is one of my favorite love songs.
2) Fall Out Boy- Take Over, The Breaks Over
I like the beat and the lyrics to this song; it makes me want to dance. I like that this Fall Out Boy album is more poppy than the last three, it’s a very different sound for them and it’s not bad at all.
3) Lil Wayne and Birdman- Pop Bottles
I never really like rap music that much until this year. I love this song for the beat, it’s a hard and it makes me want me want to dance. Lil Wayne also says some funny things in this song. I also like the music video.
4) Akon- Backseat Action
I used to not like Akon only because I there were a lot of songs of his on the radio and they were played all the time, but I bought his cd and I listened to all the songs that weren’t played on the radio and this was one of them. I like the beat in this song because it’s so hard!
5) The Academy Is- Skeptics and True Believers
This is one of my favorite bands. I’ve liked them since my first concert at Bogarts so this song and the band itself hold some sentimental value to me. This is my favorite song on their older album because I like the intro and I love the lyrics.
6) Underoath- Writing on the Walls
This is another one of my favorite bands, like one of the top three! I’ve seen them four times in concert and every time I was so impressed with how great they are live because not a lot of bands are. They interact with the audience every time and it’s always different. I like the lyrics to this particular song and I like this song the most on this album because I like Aaron’s voice.
7) Cartel- The Minstrel’s Prayer
Cartel has grown on me a lot. They’re one of those bands that you can listen to in your room and dance like an idiot and it be completely okay! I like this song the most on the album because I like the acoustic sound and the lyrics really relate to me.
8) Paramore- Misery Business
I honestly only like three bands with girl lead singers; Paramore, Flyleaf, and Damone. I normally don’t like them because the sound is normally so wimpy and the songs are usually all about some guy that made them mad. Paramore is a lot different and this song is my favorite from their album because the lyrics relate to me a lot. I love this song!
9) Ben Folds- Protection
Ben Folds is by far my favorite artist. I’ve liked him since my freshman year of high school. I like all of his songs, but I chose this one because recently it’s the I’ve been listening to the most.
10) John Legend- So High
I love John Legend’s voice. It’s so soothing and I like to listen to him before I fall asleep at night. This song is my favorite because I love the piano part and it’s my favorite love song.

DestinyL. said...

1) The Postal Service- Brand New Colony
I like this band because they have the most unique sound I think I’ve ever heard. This song is one of my favorite love songs.
2) Fall Out Boy- Take Over, The Breaks Over
I like the beat and the lyrics to this song; it makes me want to dance. I like that this Fall Out Boy album is more poppy than the last three, it’s a very different sound for them and it’s not bad at all.
3) Lil Wayne and Birdman- Pop Bottles
I never really like rap music that much until this year. I love this song for the beat, it’s a hard and it makes me want me want to dance. Lil Wayne also says some funny things in this song. I also like the music video.
4) Akon- Backseat Action
I used to not like Akon only because I there were a lot of songs of his on the radio and they were played all the time, but I bought his cd and I listened to all the songs that weren’t played on the radio and this was one of them. I like the beat in this song because it’s so hard!
5) The Academy Is- Skeptics and True Believers
This is one of my favorite bands. I’ve liked them since my first concert at Bogarts so this song and the band itself hold some sentimental value to me. This is my favorite song on their older album because I like the intro and I love the lyrics.
6) Underoath- Writing on the Walls
This is another one of my favorite bands, like one of the top three! I’ve seen them four times in concert and every time I was so impressed with how great they are live because not a lot of bands are. They interact with the audience every time and it’s always different. I like the lyrics to this particular song and I like this song the most on this album because I like Aaron’s voice.
7) Cartel- The Minstrel’s Prayer
Cartel has grown on me a lot. They’re one of those bands that you can listen to in your room and dance like an idiot and it be completely okay! I like this song the most on the album because I like the acoustic sound and the lyrics really relate to me.
8) Paramore- Misery Business
I honestly only like three bands with girl lead singers; Paramore, Flyleaf, and Damone. I normally don’t like them because the sound is normally so wimpy and the songs are usually all about some guy that made them mad. Paramore is a lot different and this song is my favorite from their album because the lyrics relate to me a lot. I love this song!
9) Ben Folds- Protection
Ben Folds is by far my favorite artist. I’ve liked him since my freshman year of high school. I like all of his songs, but I chose this one because recently it’s the I’ve been listening to the most.
10) John Legend- So High
I love John Legend’s voice. It’s so soothing and I like to listen to him before I fall asleep at night. This song is my favorite because I love the piano part and it’s my favorite love song.