Looking back this past semester, I would have to say that my favorite memory was all those crazy nights when I was with my friends. Staying up late on school nights talking about God knows what, watching movies till the early morning hours, ordering Cousin Vinny’s, and not even eating a single piece. There are too many good memories and so many to choose from. My first memory is of my good friend Jonny Rob, who is now no longer with us because, had too much fun and the school told him to go home. Although, that isn’t something to laugh about or be proud of, I knew Jonny when before he came here and it is almost as if we predicted it. Other memories would be of going to Timothy’s on Thursday night in hopes that we may meet a new girl or two, but we never did. The times me and my roommate had staying up talking to each other like a bunch of thirteen year old girls or playing against him in NBA 2K8 and never beating him. Until I found the best team in the game and he was the worst I ended up only losing by four points. I remember how I liked working out with my roommate and other kids from the floor , but once we got there we never lifted because we were too distracted. Memories such as friends visiting from other colleges, the warehouse, kids getting tazed and kids running around in the nude, as well as the torn down light pole, and how I could not get my brother to leave my room on a Sunday night at 8, when he had to be back at Bloomington. I will also remember parent’s weekend, when I showed my parents how fun of time it is here. Although, these memories I will never forget, I will also remember my first class here at the University of Dayton. It was my 9 AM Global Politics class in St. Josephs Hall. I don’t remember what was said or what I learned that day, but I will remember it being my first last day here. I have had so many good memories since I have been here especially ones when I have gone to visit other colleges. I hope to have more memories the next semester and the years to come, but for so on, I have to take life day by day.
When asked what my favorite memory of the semester has been, I could not narrow it down to just one. My favorite memory for English class would be getting to watch The Office for two class periods. I love the show so I got so excited when we got to watch it and then have to critique the two. Another thing that I loved this semester was the one religion class where our teacher let us watch a scene from Talladega Nights, the scene where Ricky Bobby is praying and giving thanks for God. Another thing that I’ve enjoyed this semester are the sporting events. I have attended two football games, soccer games and a lot of volleyball games. All the games were always so entertaining and I love being a part of a big student section. Socially, my favorite thing this semester was becoming “friends” with the Ghetto. I loved walking around up and down the streets and just being invited to different parties on each side of the street. My friends and I have had so much fun in the ghetto and I’ve met so many new, random people each night. The thing that I was most worried about was making friends and getting along with my roommate but both of those things have turned out great! I love staying up late with all the girls on our floor, our random floor dance parties, movie parties and all of us ordering food and watching Grey’s Anatomy or another one of our favorite TV shows. The late nights that we have had have been the best nights because we talk about anything and everything and those are the times that we have really gotten to know each other. Overall, I would definitely say I ahave had a great first semester! The work load was tough, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only thing that has been a total bummer is my 8 a.m. classes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but with a much better schedule in the winter, I’m looking forward to have just as much, if not more, fun!
When I think about everything I have done this semester, it is really hard for me to pinpoint one particular memory that is my favorite. I think my favorite would be when my girlfriend came to visit me back in September. It was a lot of fun to see her and especially to show her around campus. One night I just stayed in with her and watched and movie and the next night we went out to the ghetto so she was able to see what a party was like. It was a lot of fun to show off my school and the beautiful campus. She liked it a lot so that was good. I am definitely looking forward to the second semester a lot because of the basketball games here. If I had to think of a specific time in English class that I have really found to be my favorite memory then I would say that listening to other people's presentations were the best memories. It was enjoyable to listen to what other people had to say. So far I like Dayton. It's a lot of fun.I really like all the guys on my floor and have really had a good time hanging out with all of them. So far classes are going well too. Overall I think that, besides my girlfriend coming, that my favorite memories are just playing guitar hero in my room with my friends and eating pizza.
There are a ton of memories that I have this semester that I won’t forget. But my favorite is just hanging out with my friends, whether that is just sitting in the hall talking and watching movies, playing basketball and football, and just having a good time, all of it was a blast. We always stay up late at night doing different things, watching a movie is popular and we always watch them in the halls because they are so big. We had 14 people watch “Shooter” one night, the most we have had at one time. Most often it’s just about 7 or 8 of us watching a movie and talking about whatever comes to mind. My friends and I have made some intramural teams for basketball and flag football. Were not very good at it, but it’s still a blast to go out a play and win one every now and then. We always have fun, but we always get mad because we know we can do better but we end up short, but it happens. Going ice skating for the first time was always a ton of fun for me. Luckily I was not the only one who’s not ice-skated before, so it wasn’t too bad. It was pretty sad though to get lapped by a bunch of five year olds, but that’s expected when you never skated before. My ankles are sore and cut up because I wore ankle socks and not long ones. A big mistake on my part and I paid for it the next morning. Both ankles were extremely sore, but I had no regrets about going out there and skating. All considered I have had a great time this first semester and it’s almost done. It should be even better next semester, because I made my schedule the way I like it and I’ll have more time to do what I want and that’s always a good thing.
I do not think I could choose just one memory to say was the best one of the whole semester. Most of my time was spent with my friends watching movies or just hanging out. I love spending time with them. One weekend they all actually went home with me, which was a lot of fun. I think my best memories are with them. We have a very close group of 5 girls. We do pretty much everything together. We have other friends as well, but for the most part it is usually the 5 of us hanging out. We have actually all planed to live together next year. We want to live in Campus South, so that we do not have to split up. The only catch is that we need to find one more person to room with us. I think it will work out though. Even if we had to put in for a random roommate I am sure everything would work out because the five of us are all really good friends, so even if the random roommate was weird or mean, I think we would be able to deal with it. Another thing about this semester that I have really enjoyed is joining Beta Beta Beta. It has really been fun going to the meetings, meeting new people, going to dances and parties, volunteering at Adventure Central. It has been a lot of fun. I really like being involved in the group and it is even better because everyone is a biology related major which means that we are all taking most of the same classes which is awesome. I also have a big, her name is Ashley, and she is Premed as well, which is very nice. We went out to dinner one night and got together before the semi formal. I really like meeting new people and having fun, so the group is very good for me. If I had to pick something about English 101 that was my favorite part of the semester, I would probably pick the group project. It was fun meeting new people and working with them to achieve a common goal. I liked to listen to the other groups and it was very interesting. I enjoyed working with my group as well, so I think that it worked out very well.
When I was asked what my favorite memory was of the semester, I could not think of just one. Throughout this semester I have many different memories. One of my favorite memories was the first night at Dayton, when the ghetto had parties at every house. I remember my mom and I driving through the ghetto after dinner and she saying it seems like you are going to have some fun. That evening I went out with some of my friends from the floor and we had a great time. We ended up winning a couple games of corn-hole! I met so many people that night, which I am still friends with. Another memory is all the random moments in the dorm. There was this time when my friend tried to see if she could fit in to the top section of the closet. There were the movie nights and the random dance parties in the hallway. Instead of studying for our test that we have the next day, we end up having weird talks that make no sense. Dorm life is so much fun, I could not imagine this semester being this fun, if I did not live in a dorm and if I did not meet all the people I have. Academically, my favorite memory would be when I got a perfect on a calculus test. I studied for a very long time and it ended up paying off. It was one of the best feelings. I accomplished something that I worked very hard for. This semester has been a lot of fun. The work load is a bit much, and very time consuming but in the end I know it will be worth it.
My favorite memory this simester is diffently hard to pinpoint. I thing the beginning of my favorite memories began the night i meet my new bestest friends Marie and Carly. I was out with Dave at a party and he introduced me to two girls. I said hello but didn't think much of it. Then the next day Marie turned out to be in my Global Politics class. We talked afterwards and went for lunch at the emporium. Her roomate Carly came too. We chatted a bit and soon lunch Monday, Wednesday, Friday became a regular thing. I guess the friendship just bloomed from there. We hang out everyday. I am constantly in thier room. Everyone seems to think I live in Founders when my room is in Stuart.
My favorite memories are difinatly on the weekends. We go out together into the Ghetto. I even sleep in their room because i never want to walk back alone to my room. We get breakfast and recap about our fun nights. I love every moment i spend with the girls. We are constantly laughing and talking, which are definatly my two favorite things to do.
Nearly all of my favorite college memories occur when i with my girls.
With so many new experiences these past few months it’s really hard to pick just one favorite memory so I’ll share a few. Although my classes have been fun at times none of my favorite memories are really school related. One of the most fun times was one of the first weeks here are Dayton. My roommate and I signed up to go on this retreat. It wasn’t that great but we made our own fun. It was at this run-down gross camp and we slept in gross barracks. There were bugs on our mattresses and it was just plain disgusting. Me and Bre just stayed up all night cuddling in one blanket because neither of us thought to bring sleeping bags. We were probably really annoying but we had a good time being slap happy at 5 in the morning. Another fun time I had as on my visits to Indiana University. I have a lot of good friends there so it was really awesome being able to see all them and move from one friends room to another to stay with them. I got to go to a big football game which was really cool and frat parties are really different from the “ghetto” so it was really cool to go to one. Another favorite memory of mine was when two of my best friends came to visit Dayton. It was so great to see them and it felt like home to be hanging out with them again. It was really cool introducing my best friends to my new friends here and everyone got along really well. It was also cool to show them around campus, I realized how happy I am I go to Dayton because its so beautiful. There’s been so many fun times here at Dayton so far. Just this weekend I went with my friend to the SGA semi-formal at a really nice hotel downtown. It was so much fun to get dressed up and dance with friends. I can’t pinpoint one memory which is probably a good thing. There’s so many fun times I’ve had just hanging out in someones dorm watching movies with friends talking for hours on end avoiding doing any homework.
I would have to say that my favorite college memory would have to be the times where I was just hanging out with my friends. When I first arrived at UD he first few weeks were really depressing because I had left all of my friends behind and I came to a place where I knew absolutely no one and things weren’t working out between me and my roommate. So I moved to a different room and it turned out to be one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Since moving to my second room I’ve made so many new friends. One of my favorite memories is when I made a French Memo Board with my friends. We were there for about three hours because we were trying to figure out how to make them since none of us had ever made one before. I had stapled mine within an inch of its life and my friend Lydia was having a problem sewing on her buttons. Another one of my favorite memories is when I and my friends Marissa and Anne went to the Dayton Mall. We shopped for hours and then went to LaRosas for pizza. The waiter was so flustered, it was hilarious. There are so other many memories that I have from this semester like watching movies, eating dinner, and just hanging out. I absolutely love it here at UD and I know that there are going to be many more amazing memories in the coming years.
Looking back on the past semester to find my favorite memory is hard to narrow down. Living in Stuart pretty much means that everyday will be a great memory. I made friends and sisters on my floor instantly and living in Stuart means no room, everything is broken, and everyone is always getting someone else sick. So that leaves just about everyone in the same situation. We all have broken stuff in our rooms and on our floors and no one likes the showers...this is why I can honestly say that Stuart Hall is by far the tightest knit group out of all the other residence halls on the campus. Our memories are sppechless. For example, one of my favorite memories from living on 4 Adele are our dance parties we have every weekend. While we get ready to go out we play music and dance on the floor in each others rooms. We go out and party together just about every weekend and we have albums of pictures of all of us just being crazy and hanging out. Another one of my favorite memories is when we had dinner in the lounge and hung out all night sudying for our Political Systems class. I'm really happy that I chose a learning-living community because a lot of time when I have no idea how to study for a test or I don't understand a reading, I have my whole floor to ask. I wish my floor could have a house so we can all live together next year. We want to be able to live with each other next year.
Looking back on the semester, it seems like it went by so fast, actually too fast. I cannot believe that we are already at the end and heading into exams. It would be hard just to pick out one of the many new memories. College is a whole new world. Even though I am still living at home and commuting to the University of Dayton everything is different. It’s a different school, students, and instructors. At my high school by the time I graduated I felt really comfortable there because I know almost everyone and almost every teacher, I had many good relationships with my teachers. Most of them I had for more than one class. I also had the protection of my friends that I have been with since kindergarten. Now I am in a whole new environment with no one I know. The schedule was also hard for me to get use to. For my whole life I have gone to school in the morning and come home in the afternoon. Now in college I have some of my classes in the morning and some of my classes are in the evening. This leads me to have large breaks of time between all my different classes. At first these felt really odd, but after a while I used them to my advantage and get my work done so I do not have to do any work at home anymore. My favorite memory I would have to say it is all the long talks with friends about everything under the sun while we play some mad games of rummy. Also the movie nights were tons of fun. At the beginning of the semester I felt so lonely, especially since I was commuting and always being by myself. As the semester went along I started socializing more and more and making more and more friends. Socializing this semester has been the best time of the semester. I am also enjoying my classes. It is about the same things I learned in high school, but for some odd reason I appreciate them more and start to understand what my teachers in high school were actually trying to tell me. I think it is because I have matured a lot from freshman year in high school and I am noticing it. I have enjoyed everything about my first semester at the University of Dayton.
Coming into my first semester in college I really did not know what to expect. I was very scared to come to Dayton initially because I had never lived by myself. After experiencing my first semester here I cannot think of one particular memory that is better than any other. I have met some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I have had so much fun here that I can’t imagine my life anywhere but here. When I sit here and think back on all of the great times that I have had here no one memory comes to my mind. I have loved pretty much every minute that I have spent here. All of the times that I have spent here with my friends and me have enjoyed every second of it. I can’t think of any better place to study, live, and party. I live in Stuart Complex on probably the best floor around. The memories I make this year will stay with me for the rest of my life. The bonds and friendships I make now will be stay with me for as long as I live. My fondest memories of my friends and me just sitting around and sharing funny stories of our happenings during the weekends. My friends are genuinely great people who I love spending time with. When I am with them there so no way I can’t have fun. In particular my best memories are when I am with my best friend Kent Meister. He is a great kid and I have so many great memories of fun times with him.
My favorite memory of this semester would have to be doing the group projects for our finals. It was nice to get involved with the class and actually interact with other students. It was also a good opportunity for me to get to know people in the class who I probably would have never taken the time to introduce myself to. I liked doing the meetings and having the opportunity to work with other people in the class. Even some of the presentations helped me to get better acquainted with students who were presenting. I liked the presentations where groups made up stations and each station was focusing on something specific that pertained to their assigned topic. This was a good way to explain specific ideas in a short amount of time and it was a good way to get better acquainted with the people presenting. Although these presentations were a great way to interact with classmates and our group members, I also liked them for other reasons. I liked doing the presentation because it gave me a better understanding as to what it feels like to be a teacher and deal with eighteen and nineteen year old kids. I realized that it is a lot harder than most of us think and it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with things that will be exciting to students of our age. Preparing the presentation was hard because we knew that it was not going to be easy to get our classmates involved and willing to answer our questions. Working with the group helped to get ideas going and made it easier in the end. The group presentations were something that I found interesting and enjoyed doing. It gave me a lot of insight into what kind of things teachers deal with and it also gave me a chance to meet students that I would not have normally met. I really liked the project and I feel like I have benefitted from it.
This year has been fun, I have enjoyed myself. The academics have been challenging and the social life has been on full blast since the day I got here. As I look back on my first semester and all the good memories, it is tough to locate one complete thought without thinking of another instance. The guys on my floor have all be pretty cool and fun to hang out with. We hang out together all the time, eat, play basketball, work out all of which is together. My goal in coming to the University of Dayton is to meet some new people and hopefully people I can be friends with all my life. I have met a lot of people and few that may just be friends for a long time. Cousin Vinny’s has really been involved with my life here at UD pretty much twice a week. Don’t worry, I cut down, and actually I have not had Cousin Vinny’s in about two weeks. I remember the weekday nights staying up till two or three and playing video games, watching tv, playing cards, or just talking. These nights really consist of my best memories here. One distinct memory is when people on our floor “4th floor Crew, 4 Meyer” would throw what we like to call “Axe Bombs” into peoples rooml. It was pretty funny but I admit a little inmature. I rmember a night when walking into the Ghetto with a few of my friends and I saw a guy on my floor. I went up to say “hi” to him and hit his toe. I had no idea at the time but the next day he came up to me and said “Kevin, look at my toe, thanks” of course he was joking but his toe looked pretty bad. I somehow managed to kick his toe nail off so I guess he was not feeling to well. As of now it still hurts and this was back in the first month of school. I am realizing there is more to College then partying, I have learned to manage my time better and making smarter decisions. When school calls I have to answer instead of partying on Thursdays. I have had a great time and have made a lot of memories, from here school can only get better and my friendships can only grow.
This first semester of my college career I had a great time so it is really hard to pick just one memory. But besides all the parties and get-togethers, one of my favorite times this last semester was when my friends and I would get together on week nights after finishing homework. I live in Marianist and if you go out the back doors of the building there is a little porch area which my friends and I nicknamed our back porch. The back porch holds a lot of memories for me because this is where I actually met a lot of the friends that I am close to now. Usually around 10 at night we would go out and just relax. This of course was when it was still warm out! On the back porch we would normally just talk about our days and what new drama was going on. Also you can see the recplex’s basketball courts from the back porch so sometimes we would watch the guys play a game. And then some nights we were just crazy and would say hi to the most random people ever which incidentally is how we met a lot of people that lived above us! Other times we would be dodging Frisbees because some of our friends thought it was funny to hit us or we would be playing music and dancing to it. Overall, the back porch was just a time that gave some normalcy to my day.
Looking back at this semester, it is hard to believe that the semester is almost over. It really doesn’t feel like it was that long ago that we were moving in on the beautiful Saturday morning. I was unsure of all of the different people that I would be meeting in college and it is safe for me to say that I have met many people from very diverse backgrounds. My eyes have been opened to a new world beyond the comforts of home. My favorite memories of this semester include sporting events, hanging out on the back porch, staying up ridiculously late for no apparent reason, meditation, and Friday afternoon walks. When it was still warm out I took a walk around campus every Friday because my classes are finished at noon. I didn’t really want to work on homework and there wasn’t much to do otherwise so I took a walk. I love walking and this allowed me to reflect on the week that was and plan for the weekend. I also have picked up meditating to help me relax and just think about things. People found out about this and then they would want me to meditate with them, so I guess that is cool. I have also have had some really late nights, actually pretty much every night is a late night. I think I’m actually up later on weekdays than weekends just doing whatever. This hasn’t helped my sleeping any or getting to my class at eight, but I think that it has been worth it. I like to sleep and all but if I had the choice between sleeping and talking or hanging out with people; I would much rather talk and hang out. Earlier in the semester, where we would all hang out. Often, I would talk to random people and then try to make conversation with them. It was also amusing to watch everyone that is drunk go by on their way back up to VWK and Stuart. Other highlights from the back porch are throwing a frisbee, climbing on rooftops and running through sprinklers. This semester is also memorable for all of the sporting events that I have attended thus far. I really enjoy watching all types of sports and I am pretty sure that I have seen all of the varsity sports teams here at least once. Many of them I have watched on a multiple of occasions.
Looking back on the semester my favorite memory was very recently; actually it was this last weekend because my friends and I did many different kinds of partying and just had an all around good time. Thursday we went out to the clubs here around Dayton and that was a lot of fun because it was the one of the first times I got to do that because of soccer season being so busy. We were with some girls and guys from the soccer team and it was good because we all knew each when we went out. We went down on brown and went to different places. Then Friday, my friends from home came in that I hardly ever see. I took them out in the university and showed them different things that I do every weekend. I was fun to see them all the time because that is what it was when I was at home. They stayed till Sunday and were around all the time. I took them to some parties and showed them a good time. The next day I took them out to lunch and got them some food. Then Saturday I went to the University of Miami to see some friends from the old school. It was a good time because went out and had a good time just like old times. These friends were all of the state championship team of 2006 at Walsh Jesuit High school. It was good to have a different kind of atmosphere and be around people that you wouldn’t see every day. We were all going out to what the people at Miami called “Up town” and went to some dance clubs and bars. It was a good time and I met some new people. I want to go to Miami again over break because then I would get to see my friends again. Then the weekend closed up with a good bye and everyone went home and back the regular school setting of having school work and looking forward to exams the next week.
Looking back on my semester at University of Dayton it has been a mix of emotions. I haven’t had the easiest time here. I decided to leave at semester and move on. When I leave here next Wednesday it will be very bittersweet. In many ways it will be sad leaving, this is a place where I have grown a lot as a person. I realized that I need to be a little closer to home, if I never left Chicago I would have always wanted to know what it would be like to go somewhere else for college! Some of my best memories here are probably hanging out at night with some girls on my floor; we have really become such good friends. It’s going to be different not seeing them everyday and hanging out with them at night, since I have been doing that for the past 3 to 4 months. My friends that I made here are also leaving at semester; we are all enjoying Dayton a little better know because we know we are leaving. I know it is time for me to go, it’s been a very long semester and a great learning experience that I wouldn’t change for the world! Dayton is a great place with a pretty campus and great teachers. I know it is not for me though. Overall this experience and memories I would not trade for anything. I have had some rough patches here but many good memories.
Well, to bequite honest, it has been a rough semester. I never actually realized how much I would miss my family and how I would miss where I live, in Chicago. But I have to say throughout this time that I have been here I have made some great friendships. The girls that I have met have relly helped me through my homesickness. I will charish these friendships and make sure I keep in touch with the girls I have met. I have to say that through this experience at the University of Dayton I have learned a great deal about myself, I have learned about what I do and don't like. I would have to say that I am not that big of a "partier" so sometimes I feel that it is kind of hard to fit in. It has really helped me to groe in certain areas and figure out myself. I have learned not to rely on people so much, and it is okay to be alone. Which it can be very lonely, but sometimes a person needs that in their life. They need time to be away from everyone and do something for themselves. I think that through this experience at UD I will appriciate what is in store for me in the future so much more, and I am so excited to figure things out for myself. I use to be one of those people that did things just to make others happy, but now I am going to do what I want and make myself happy. My parents always said to do that, but now I truely believe them.
As long as I can remember everyone one has said that the next step in life is the best. When you are in junior high people say just wait till high school. When in high school everyone says college is amazing. At the close of my first semester in college I can’t agree more with all of those people that have told me college is amazing. I realized that I would love being here at Dayton on my first night of college. I’m lucky to be a part of R.O.T.C. which is like being a part of a family. Everyone in ROTC helps each other out and we have a unique bond that is found in sports teams. Dayton is amazing. I love living on my own and taking care of myself, which surprisingly has worked out well. I believe I have matured drastically since arriving here in august and my family agrees. The memories are only adding up as the year goes on. The best memories could start with the early mornings running around campus chanting cadences to Ranger Challenge. The memories of all those crazy nights of partying, or just those week nights just hanging out with the guys goofing around. I cannot say what is my favorite memory but I know that I will remember always remember these days that I spend at Dayton and cannot wait to make more memories.
I think my favorite memory from this semester in English is probably when the military group brought in a guest speaker. I really enjoyed listening to him speak about his experiences and his life. I thought that all his stories were very interesting and I really liked to hear about his personal views about the war in Iraq coming from someone who has been there and someone who is in the military. I have met other people who have been to Iraq but I was never in a situation where I was able to ask them questions about their experiences there and their personal views. I think that being able to find out how he is able to balance his military life and his family life was also very interesting to learn about. I think that hearing his speak has also made me a little more at ease because I have a cousin who went to west point this year and I have been very nervous for him and his future in the army. I think that experience was a once in a lifetime experience that I really enjoyed in that class. I also think that I learned a lot from him that I did not know about the military. I thought that if you were in the army you would always be in some kind of position where your life would be on the line. It was interesting to find out that he had recently been to Canada to take a look at their military. I also learned what a typical day was like for him in Iraq which was interesting because I had no idea that they were going to schools and helping the children and other charitable tasks. I thought that military meant fighting all the time but after I heard him speak I now know that I was mistaken. It was also interesting to hear him talk about the president and the fact that he is the commander and chief of the country and whatever he says is what the military is supposed to do and they are not to question him which made his view of the war very different from what I would have imagined a person in the armies view to be. Overall this was the most memorable moment in that class and I think that was a very rewarding experience for me. I wrote this and I thought it was supposed to be our favorite memory from class.
Over the past semester I have had many great memories. However, the one that stands out the most would probably have to be one of the first weekends at school. There were seven kids that came here from my high school and the other six were all kind of friends but I did not know any of them that well. However, I was randomly paired with a kid that went to my high school as my roommate. So we did not know too many people coming in. We also lived in Marianist Hall, where the dorms are heavy and thick so it is quiet, and so it becomes tough to meet people. It was a few weeks before I met the two kids that lived directly next door to me. However, that is the most memorable moment I have of this semester, meeting my neighbors. It was the weekend after the second week of classes and I ended up going out with one of the kids next door and then we all came back and hung out in our room and had pizza and just talked and it was probably one of the funniest conversations I have ever heard and was just a nice way to relax and get to know some of the guys on my floor and make some new friends and that is one of the most memorable moments I have this semester.
There have been many random memories at Dayton, but I think my favorite is the past weekend. My best friend from home came here to see Dayton, and she hung with my best friend from Dayton. It was so weird and so much fun because it felt like some of home came to Dayton for a little. And she got to see what it was like here, which was different for her because she goes to Ohio University. But, I have had other fun ones too. Another overall reflection of this semester was just not living at home. I hate going home, and having to listen to my parents. It is by far the best part of the whole college experience. Another fun experience during college is shuttling it to Walmart. There have been some certainly weird experiences there with friends, but it has been fun. I questioned at first whether Dayton was right for me because it was hard because the people and everything was pretty different than Pittsburgh. Even though Pittsburgh is not that far, the overall kinds of people here are different, which I think has made me already a different person. Some of my other favorite memories are just getting to know people. The ultimate overall favorite memories too are going to parties in the Ghetto. Nothing can beat that. But in English, probably the best memory is when everyone was tied up.
Looking back on the semester, I would have to say that my favorite memory was when we did the interview of the person in our career field. I found the interview to be very inspirational and educational. I felt like I learned a great deal about what I want to do for the rest of my life. I learned about having my own business and what it takes to run my own business. When I graduate college I want to start a business with my friend that goes to Kent State. We want to start our own car modifying shop. We want to move to Nevada or California and buy a garage and fix it up and open it up for business. After the interview with the person in my career field I learned that I can set my own hours but I should be careful to not fall behind in my work. If I do start my own business, I would need to hire someone that can handle all the money and keep track of all the inventory and all the customer information. Something else that was my favorite memory of English class this year was the class discussions that we would have. I thought it was funny to listen to David argue about something that has nothing to do with what you wanted to talk about, and eventually everyone would start talking about something like wal-mart. I just found that kind of humorous and will always think back to that when I think about my English 101 class.
While looking back at my first semester at the University of Dayton, there have been lots of memories both positive and negative. It all started on the first day when I came here to the great city of Dayton, O-H…-I-O—as Ohio state fans call it—when I moved into my first college dorm room. I was expecting a VERY small room because for years my mom always mentioned to me how small college dorms are, so when I walked into mine I was amazed and how large it was. For me, having a roommate was nothing new. I have had a roommate for as long as I can remember, my brother Adam and I have shared a room and I haven’t always loved it because almost everyone I know has their own room, and doesn’t have a room, but now when I look back at the situation I am very happy that I was spoiled by having my own room and now I think I am a better college roommate because I have been a roommate for my whole life. Back to move in day at school, it was a hard time for me and my brother because I really didn’t want to move out of my room at home and he didn’t want me to go either but we both realized that it had to be done. But also, there have been some positive memories. Some of those memories are going out into the student housing areas, the ghetto and the dark side with new friends, watching my beloved hurricanes win some football games but mostly losing this year. I am so happy that I picked this school, I love it here, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I have made some great friends here even though they might be from O-H-I-O.
Looking back on this past semester, there are so many fun memories that it is impossible to narrow it down to just one. While at The University Dayton I have met some of the most incredible students who have helped me to create the many memories I have in such a short period of time. For instance, I moved in with a guy named Sean after I had difficulty getting along with my original roommate named Matt. Sean and I share very similar interests in life. He and I are always finding things to do that will entertain us or distract us from getting our homework done. It was late one night in the middle of this past semester that we were sitting in our room board out of our minds, and a little tipsy from the bottle. We could not think of anything we could do that was fun and entertaining that we had not already done in the previous weeks. It was not until our mutual friend from down our hall came in to eat his Cousin Vinney’s that we got our best idea of the semester. After our friend ate his pizza we convinced him to give us the box in which it came in. We could not just have one pizza box however so we wondered around the second floor of Founders. Sean and I managed to come up with five pizza boxes. After finding three of our buddies we had enough to play the game we wanted to play. Many of us skateboard or snowboard so we thought it would be a fun time if we did that on the pizza boxes down the hall. It turned into a competition that the whole hallway got involved in. Two people would skate down the hall at one time. After getting a running head start who ever made it the farthest would win. Once a winner was determined another person would compete with the previous winner. That game started to get slightly boring so all of turned it into a trick competition. At this point we involved our RA. He judged the group to see who had the best trick. Because no one had the best balance, it turned into a competition of who could have the best wipe outs. It sounds as though it may not have been very fun, but it was one of the best nights we had as roommates, and it brought our whole floor together as a community. Another memory of this short semester I have had was going to the ski tournaments in various locations. The first one I have ever gone to was in Van Wert Ohio, which is about forty-five minutes from my home town. I have class until four o’clock on Fridays so I wasn’t able to get to the tournament until late. We arrived in Van Wert at about ten o’clock after an exciting drive, in which we pre-gamed the entire trip so we were feeling pretty good. By the time we were there everyone had the tent set up and were at the hut partying with all the teams from different schools. I had a different focus when we got there, I was determined to build a fire despite the fact that it had been raining all day there. I tried for about forty-five minutes and when I finally succeeded it started to rain again, and was a complete waste of my time. So I grabbed myself a beer and joined in on all the festivities. We partied all night long, and around three o’clock in the morning everyone started to get tired and go to bed. It was a very uncomfortable sleep with about thirteen people packed into a ten man tent. People were strewn out everywhere, rolling over and laying on top of each other, and stealing blankets to warm up. The girls had to ski first thing in the morning, so I didn’t get to see them go very much because I was still sound asleep. I was signed up to wakeboard, and my event wasn’t until late in the afternoon, so I just chilled out under the beautiful sunshine and watched all the skiers compete. Around two o’clock the rain set in, and the competition was postponed due to the lightning. So we all got out of our wet cloths and hit the pizza joint up for some delicious all you can eat buffet. After our tummies were full we went back to the lake, and partied the rest of the night away. I woke up on Sunday around eleven, and the jumping had gone under way. I waited around until about three o’clock until it was my turn to jump; I have never done it before so it was going to be a funny experience. I took my two turns at the jump, one wiping out badly, and the other one I just kind of lost my balance and fell. After I was done my car load packed up their stuff, and headed back to Dayton to do some homework to prepare for classes on Monday. I love the ski team, and we have done lots of fun things together that has made my first semester a blast here at Dayton.
This first semester of my college career at the University of Dayton is going to be one to go down in the record books. I will never forget it because it is a very different lifestyle. Although, there were some good times and bad times, I will never forget it. There are moments that I will never forget from my first year here at UD. In English, I will never forget the people in the class. Our class was very interesting in a variety of ways. We had people from all over the world making the class exciting and fun almost everyday. I do not think there was ever a day that I did not laugh or have a smile on my face. Whether it was from the actual classes or the tutorials, I had great times that I will never forget. We all had laughs in the class whether it was from the assignment, talking about our dorms, or talking about what went on the other night. I really had a lot of fun and would really like to have everyone from the class in my class again. On the other hand, my favorite memory in a whole would be the athletics here at UD. This year, UD had one of the best sporting years in its history. Our volleyball team has the best record in the nation with only two losses. The volleyball team finished in the second round of the NCAA tournament. It would have been amazing if we were to win it all and beat all the other schools that are known for volleyball. Also, our football team did amazing. We won the Gridiron Classic and had the best record in our division. Before the athletic season even started I ran for a position on the Red Scare. The Red Scare is the cheering student body at all the sporting events. I got a position on it as the Promotions Manager. I create the flyers for the games to get the word out that everyone should be at a certain game. I have made a lot of friends from being on the Red Scare and I am very glad that I ran for the position. I hope our sports teams in the second semester can either match or do even better that the first semester teams. I am a huge basketball fan, and basketball is just getting underway. So, this first semester was a great one in all from sports to education. I will never forget my first semester at UD and I hope that all the other ones in my career are just as good, or better!
Looking back on my semester I have a lot of good memories and new friends. Went I arrive here I did not know what to expect been so far away from home not having any of my friends or family member to go to I was by myself and I have to admit it wisent easy on the beginning. But I was up for the challenge I decided I needed a change and I don’t regret at all. New friends, new life and a new future. The first month was really hard on me dealing with messing my family and my friends. But I wisent tuff making new friends and I remember went I use to live in Stuart in the faith floor we had a lot of fun as a group and they I made my first friends Tim, Chirrs , Dan Sean and John. I remember went we stay late for the first months watching the baseball playoffs that sadly my team the New York Yankees lose. I had to suffer seeing the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series after the Indians eliminate my team. After the playoffs where over I really got to know the guys better we played basketball and some football. From this I really got to know John pretty good and he became like my first real friend here. Other friend that I make were the guys in the baseball team do to all the time we spent together practicing and training, practicing almost every day was hard but we had a lot of fun because we all like baseball. Woody the catcher of the team and I had a lot of fun and we joke a lot about each other. The months passed and I started to know more people better people that take class with me we started studying together and having fun and that was nice I really started to like my new set of friends. After a couple of months I got the opportunity to move to a single room in mar crest and I took it. Now I live in another building and have more friends I still go out with my old friend from Stuart and also now I can go play basketball , play video games or study with the guys from my new floor like Jake , Vinnie , Bausch and Greg for example. So I say the opportunity that was giving to me to come to Dayton was a great and I don’t regret it because I have more friends and I become more independent as a human been.
Looking back at this past semester I would have to say that my favorate memory was my birthday. A group of friend and I all went out on thursday to celebrate. It pure madness. I don't think I ended up coming back in until 4 or 5 in the morning and then had to get up for class at 9. I've met so many great people here and made alot of new friendships. The weekends were definately some of the greatest times spent here. I probably should have done alot more studying than I did though. I guess that's something I'll have to change next semester. Specific to this class, this semester, I'm going to miss all the people in class. Ellen and Kevin thinking I'm 35. Army guys getting into fights outside the frat. Everything about this class has been fun in some way.
29 comments:
Looking back this past semester, I would have to say that my favorite memory was all those crazy nights when I was with my friends. Staying up late on school nights talking about God knows what, watching movies till the early morning hours, ordering Cousin Vinny’s, and not even eating a single piece. There are too many good memories and so many to choose from. My first memory is of my good friend Jonny Rob, who is now no longer with us because, had too much fun and the school told him to go home. Although, that isn’t something to laugh about or be proud of, I knew Jonny when before he came here and it is almost as if we predicted it. Other memories would be of going to Timothy’s on Thursday night in hopes that we may meet a new girl or two, but we never did. The times me and my roommate had staying up talking to each other like a bunch of thirteen year old girls or playing against him in NBA 2K8 and never beating him. Until I found the best team in the game and he was the worst I ended up only losing by four points. I remember how I liked working out with my roommate and other kids from the floor , but once we got there we never lifted because we were too distracted. Memories such as friends visiting from other colleges, the warehouse, kids getting tazed and kids running around in the nude, as well as the torn down light pole, and how I could not get my brother to leave my room on a Sunday night at 8, when he had to be back at Bloomington. I will also remember parent’s weekend, when I showed my parents how fun of time it is here.
Although, these memories I will never forget, I will also remember my first class here at the University of Dayton. It was my 9 AM Global Politics class in St. Josephs Hall. I don’t remember what was said or what I learned that day, but I will remember it being my first last day here. I have had so many good memories since I have been here especially ones when I have gone to visit other colleges. I hope to have more memories the next semester and the years to come, but for so on, I have to take life day by day.
When asked what my favorite memory of the semester has been, I could not narrow it down to just one. My favorite memory for English class would be getting to watch The Office for two class periods. I love the show so I got so excited when we got to watch it and then have to critique the two. Another thing that I loved this semester was the one religion class where our teacher let us watch a scene from Talladega Nights, the scene where Ricky Bobby is praying and giving thanks for God. Another thing that I’ve enjoyed this semester are the sporting events. I have attended two football games, soccer games and a lot of volleyball games. All the games were always so entertaining and I love being a part of a big student section.
Socially, my favorite thing this semester was becoming “friends” with the Ghetto. I loved walking around up and down the streets and just being invited to different parties on each side of the street. My friends and I have had so much fun in the ghetto and I’ve met so many new, random people each night.
The thing that I was most worried about was making friends and getting along with my roommate but both of those things have turned out great! I love staying up late with all the girls on our floor, our random floor dance parties, movie parties and all of us ordering food and watching Grey’s Anatomy or another one of our favorite TV shows. The late nights that we have had have been the best nights because we talk about anything and everything and those are the times that we have really gotten to know each other.
Overall, I would definitely say I ahave had a great first semester! The work load was tough, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only thing that has been a total bummer is my 8 a.m. classes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but with a much better schedule in the winter, I’m looking forward to have just as much, if not more, fun!
When I think about everything I have done this semester, it is really hard for me to pinpoint one particular memory that is my favorite. I think my favorite would be when my girlfriend came to visit me back in September. It was a lot of fun to see her and especially to show her around campus. One night I just stayed in with her and watched and movie and the next night we went out to the ghetto so she was able to see what a party was like. It was a lot of fun to show off my school and the beautiful campus. She liked it a lot so that was good. I am definitely looking forward to the second semester a lot because of the basketball games here. If I had to think of a specific time in English class that I have really found to be my favorite memory then I would say that listening to other people's presentations were the best memories. It was enjoyable to listen to what other people had to say. So far I like Dayton. It's a lot of fun.I really like all the guys on my floor and have really had a good time hanging out with all of them. So far classes are going well too. Overall I think that, besides my girlfriend coming, that my favorite memories are just playing guitar hero in my room with my friends and eating pizza.
There are a ton of memories that I have this semester that I won’t forget. But my favorite is just hanging out with my friends, whether that is just sitting in the hall talking and watching movies, playing basketball and football, and just having a good time, all of it was a blast.
We always stay up late at night doing different things, watching a movie is popular and we always watch them in the halls because they are so big. We had 14 people watch “Shooter” one night, the most we have had at one time. Most often it’s just about 7 or 8 of us watching a movie and talking about whatever comes to mind.
My friends and I have made some intramural teams for basketball and flag football. Were not very good at it, but it’s still a blast to go out a play and win one every now and then. We always have fun, but we always get mad because we know we can do better but we end up short, but it happens.
Going ice skating for the first time was always a ton of fun for me. Luckily I was not the only one who’s not ice-skated before, so it wasn’t too bad. It was pretty sad though to get lapped by a bunch of five year olds, but that’s expected when you never skated before. My ankles are sore and cut up because I wore ankle socks and not long ones. A big mistake on my part and I paid for it the next morning. Both ankles were extremely sore, but I had no regrets about going out there and skating.
All considered I have had a great time this first semester and it’s almost done. It should be even better next semester, because I made my schedule the way I like it and I’ll have more time to do what I want and that’s always a good thing.
I do not think I could choose just one memory to say was the best one of the whole semester. Most of my time was spent with my friends watching movies or just hanging out. I love spending time with them. One weekend they all actually went home with me, which was a lot of fun. I think my best memories are with them. We have a very close group of 5 girls. We do pretty much everything together. We have other friends as well, but for the most part it is usually the 5 of us hanging out. We have actually all planed to live together next year. We want to live in Campus South, so that we do not have to split up. The only catch is that we need to find one more person to room with us. I think it will work out though. Even if we had to put in for a random roommate I am sure everything would work out because the five of us are all really good friends, so even if the random roommate was weird or mean, I think we would be able to deal with it.
Another thing about this semester that I have really enjoyed is joining Beta Beta Beta. It has really been fun going to the meetings, meeting new people, going to dances and parties, volunteering at Adventure Central. It has been a lot of fun. I really like being involved in the group and it is even better because everyone is a biology related major which means that we are all taking most of the same classes which is awesome. I also have a big, her name is Ashley, and she is Premed as well, which is very nice. We went out to dinner one night and got together before the semi formal. I really like meeting new people and having fun, so the group is very good for me.
If I had to pick something about English 101 that was my favorite part of the semester, I would probably pick the group project. It was fun meeting new people and working with them to achieve a common goal. I liked to listen to the other groups and it was very interesting. I enjoyed working with my group as well, so I think that it worked out very well.
When I was asked what my favorite memory was of the semester, I could not think of just one. Throughout this semester I have many different memories. One of my favorite memories was the first night at Dayton, when the ghetto had parties at every house. I remember my mom and I driving through the ghetto after dinner and she saying it seems like you are going to have some fun. That evening I went out with some of my friends from the floor and we had a great time. We ended up winning a couple games of corn-hole! I met so many people that night, which I am still friends with.
Another memory is all the random moments in the dorm. There was this time when my friend tried to see if she could fit in to the top section of the closet. There were the movie nights and the random dance parties in the hallway. Instead of studying for our test that we have the next day, we end up having weird talks that make no sense. Dorm life is so much fun, I could not imagine this semester being this fun, if I did not live in a dorm and if I did not meet all the people I have. Academically, my favorite memory would be when I got a perfect on a calculus test. I studied for a very long time and it ended up paying off. It was one of the best feelings. I accomplished something that I worked very hard for.
This semester has been a lot of fun. The work load is a bit much, and very time consuming but in the end I know it will be worth it.
My favorite memory this simester is diffently hard to pinpoint. I thing the beginning of my favorite memories began the night i meet my new bestest friends Marie and Carly. I was out with Dave at a party and he introduced me to two girls. I said hello but didn't think much of it. Then the next day Marie turned out to be in my Global Politics class. We talked afterwards and went for lunch at the emporium. Her roomate Carly came too. We chatted a bit and soon lunch Monday, Wednesday, Friday became a regular thing. I guess the friendship just bloomed from there. We hang out everyday. I am constantly in thier room. Everyone seems to think I live in Founders when my room is in Stuart.
My favorite memories are difinatly on the weekends. We go out together into the Ghetto. I even sleep in their room because i never want to walk back alone to my room. We get breakfast and recap about our fun nights. I love every moment i spend with the girls. We are constantly laughing and talking, which are definatly my two favorite things to do.
Nearly all of my favorite college memories occur when i with my girls.
With so many new experiences these past few months it’s really hard to pick just one favorite memory so I’ll share a few. Although my classes have been fun at times none of my favorite memories are really school related. One of the most fun times was one of the first weeks here are Dayton. My roommate and I signed up to go on this retreat. It wasn’t that great but we made our own fun. It was at this run-down gross camp and we slept in gross barracks. There were bugs on our mattresses and it was just plain disgusting. Me and Bre just stayed up all night cuddling in one blanket because neither of us thought to bring sleeping bags. We were probably really annoying but we had a good time being slap happy at 5 in the morning. Another fun time I had as on my visits to Indiana University. I have a lot of good friends there so it was really awesome being able to see all them and move from one friends room to another to stay with them. I got to go to a big football game which was really cool and frat parties are really different from the “ghetto” so it was really cool to go to one. Another favorite memory of mine was when two of my best friends came to visit Dayton. It was so great to see them and it felt like home to be hanging out with them again. It was really cool introducing my best friends to my new friends here and everyone got along really well. It was also cool to show them around campus, I realized how happy I am I go to Dayton because its so beautiful. There’s been so many fun times here at Dayton so far. Just this weekend I went with my friend to the SGA semi-formal at a really nice hotel downtown. It was so much fun to get dressed up and dance with friends. I can’t pinpoint one memory which is probably a good thing. There’s so many fun times I’ve had just hanging out in someones dorm watching movies with friends talking for hours on end avoiding doing any homework.
I would have to say that my favorite college memory would have to be the times where I was just hanging out with my friends. When I first arrived at UD he first few weeks were really depressing because I had left all of my friends behind and I came to a place where I knew absolutely no one and things weren’t working out between me and my roommate. So I moved to a different room and it turned out to be one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Since moving to my second room I’ve made so many new friends. One of my favorite memories is when I made a French Memo Board with my friends. We were there for about three hours because we were trying to figure out how to make them since none of us had ever made one before. I had stapled mine within an inch of its life and my friend Lydia was having a problem sewing on her buttons. Another one of my favorite memories is when I and my friends Marissa and Anne went to the Dayton Mall. We shopped for hours and then went to LaRosas for pizza. The waiter was so flustered, it was hilarious. There are so other many memories that I have from this semester like watching movies, eating dinner, and just hanging out. I absolutely love it here at UD and I know that there are going to be many more amazing memories in the coming years.
Looking back on the past semester to find my favorite memory is hard to narrow down. Living in Stuart pretty much means that everyday will be a great memory. I made friends and sisters on my floor instantly and living in Stuart means no room, everything is broken, and everyone is always getting someone else sick. So that leaves just about everyone in the same situation. We all have broken stuff in our rooms and on our floors and no one likes the showers...this is why I can honestly say that Stuart Hall is by far the tightest knit group out of all the other residence halls on the campus. Our memories are sppechless.
For example, one of my favorite memories from living on 4 Adele are our dance parties we have every weekend. While we get ready to go out we play music and dance on the floor in each others rooms. We go out and party together just about every weekend and we have albums of pictures of all of us just being crazy and hanging out.
Another one of my favorite memories is when we had dinner in the lounge and hung out all night sudying for our Political Systems class. I'm really happy that I chose a learning-living community because a lot of time when I have no idea how to study for a test or I don't understand a reading, I have my whole floor to ask. I wish my floor could have a house so we can all live together next year. We want to be able to live with each other next year.
Looking back on the semester, it seems like it went by so fast, actually too fast. I cannot believe that we are already at the end and heading into exams. It would be hard just to pick out one of the many new memories. College is a whole new world. Even though I am still living at home and commuting to the University of Dayton everything is different. It’s a different school, students, and instructors. At my high school by the time I graduated I felt really comfortable there because I know almost everyone and almost every teacher, I had many good relationships with my teachers. Most of them I had for more than one class. I also had the protection of my friends that I have been with since kindergarten. Now I am in a whole new environment with no one I know. The schedule was also hard for me to get use to. For my whole life I have gone to school in the morning and come home in the afternoon. Now in college I have some of my classes in the morning and some of my classes are in the evening. This leads me to have large breaks of time between all my different classes. At first these felt really odd, but after a while I used them to my advantage and get my work done so I do not have to do any work at home anymore. My favorite memory I would have to say it is all the long talks with friends about everything under the sun while we play some mad games of rummy. Also the movie nights were tons of fun. At the beginning of the semester I felt so lonely, especially since I was commuting and always being by myself. As the semester went along I started socializing more and more and making more and more friends. Socializing this semester has been the best time of the semester. I am also enjoying my classes. It is about the same things I learned in high school, but for some odd reason I appreciate them more and start to understand what my teachers in high school were actually trying to tell me. I think it is because I have matured a lot from freshman year in high school and I am noticing it. I have enjoyed everything about my first semester at the University of Dayton.
Coming into my first semester in college I really did not know what to expect. I was very scared to come to Dayton initially because I had never lived by myself. After experiencing my first semester here I cannot think of one particular memory that is better than any other. I have met some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I have had so much fun here that I can’t imagine my life anywhere but here. When I sit here and think back on all of the great times that I have had here no one memory comes to my mind. I have loved pretty much every minute that I have spent here.
All of the times that I have spent here with my friends and me have enjoyed every second of it. I can’t think of any better place to study, live, and party. I live in Stuart Complex on probably the best floor around. The memories I make this year will stay with me for the rest of my life. The bonds and friendships I make now will be stay with me for as long as I live. My fondest memories of my friends and me just sitting around and sharing funny stories of our happenings during the weekends. My friends are genuinely great people who I love spending time with. When I am with them there so no way I can’t have fun. In particular my best memories are when I am with my best friend Kent Meister. He is a great kid and I have so many great memories of fun times with him.
My favorite memory of this semester would have to be doing the group projects for our finals. It was nice to get involved with the class and actually interact with other students. It was also a good opportunity for me to get to know people in the class who I probably would have never taken the time to introduce myself to. I liked doing the meetings and having the opportunity to work with other people in the class. Even some of the presentations helped me to get better acquainted with students who were presenting. I liked the presentations where groups made up stations and each station was focusing on something specific that pertained to their assigned topic. This was a good way to explain specific ideas in a short amount of time and it was a good way to get better acquainted with the people presenting.
Although these presentations were a great way to interact with classmates and our group members, I also liked them for other reasons. I liked doing the presentation because it gave me a better understanding as to what it feels like to be a teacher and deal with eighteen and nineteen year old kids. I realized that it is a lot harder than most of us think and it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with things that will be exciting to students of our age. Preparing the presentation was hard because we knew that it was not going to be easy to get our classmates involved and willing to answer our questions. Working with the group helped to get ideas going and made it easier in the end.
The group presentations were something that I found interesting and enjoyed doing. It gave me a lot of insight into what kind of things teachers deal with and it also gave me a chance to meet students that I would not have normally met. I really liked the project and I feel like I have benefitted from it.
This year has been fun, I have enjoyed myself. The academics have been challenging and the social life has been on full blast since the day I got here. As I look back on my first semester and all the good memories, it is tough to locate one complete thought without thinking of another instance. The guys on my floor have all be pretty cool and fun to hang out with. We hang out together all the time, eat, play basketball, work out all of which is together. My goal in coming to the University of Dayton is to meet some new people and hopefully people I can be friends with all my life. I have met a lot of people and few that may just be friends for a long time.
Cousin Vinny’s has really been involved with my life here at UD pretty much twice a week. Don’t worry, I cut down, and actually I have not had Cousin Vinny’s in about two weeks. I remember the weekday nights staying up till two or three and playing video games, watching tv, playing cards, or just talking. These nights really consist of my best memories here. One distinct memory is when people on our floor “4th floor Crew, 4 Meyer” would throw what we like to call “Axe Bombs” into peoples rooml. It was pretty funny but I admit a little inmature. I rmember a night when walking into the Ghetto with a few of my friends and I saw a guy on my floor. I went up to say “hi” to him and hit his toe. I had no idea at the time but the next day he came up to me and said “Kevin, look at my toe, thanks” of course he was joking but his toe looked pretty bad. I somehow managed to kick his toe nail off so I guess he was not feeling to well. As of now it still hurts and this was back in the first month of school.
I am realizing there is more to College then partying, I have learned to manage my time better and making smarter decisions. When school calls I have to answer instead of partying on Thursdays. I have had a great time and have made a lot of memories, from here school can only get better and my friendships can only grow.
This first semester of my college career I had a great time so it is really hard to pick just one memory. But besides all the parties and get-togethers, one of my favorite times this last semester was when my friends and I would get together on week nights after finishing homework. I live in Marianist and if you go out the back doors of the building there is a little porch area which my friends and I nicknamed our back porch. The back porch holds a lot of memories for me because this is where I actually met a lot of the friends that I am close to now. Usually around 10 at night we would go out and just relax. This of course was when it was still warm out! On the back porch we would normally just talk about our days and what new drama was going on. Also you can see the recplex’s basketball courts from the back porch so sometimes we would watch the guys play a game. And then some nights we were just crazy and would say hi to the most random people ever which incidentally is how we met a lot of people that lived above us! Other times we would be dodging Frisbees because some of our friends thought it was funny to hit us or we would be playing music and dancing to it. Overall, the back porch was just a time that gave some normalcy to my day.
Looking back at this semester, it is hard to believe that the semester is almost over. It really doesn’t feel like it was that long ago that we were moving in on the beautiful Saturday morning. I was unsure of all of the different people that I would be meeting in college and it is safe for me to say that I have met many people from very diverse backgrounds. My eyes have been opened to a new world beyond the comforts of home. My favorite memories of this semester include sporting events, hanging out on the back porch, staying up ridiculously late for no apparent reason, meditation, and Friday afternoon walks. When it was still warm out I took a walk around campus every Friday because my classes are finished at noon. I didn’t really want to work on homework and there wasn’t much to do otherwise so I took a walk. I love walking and this allowed me to reflect on the week that was and plan for the weekend. I also have picked up meditating to help me relax and just think about things. People found out about this and then they would want me to meditate with them, so I guess that is cool. I have also have had some really late nights, actually pretty much every night is a late night. I think I’m actually up later on weekdays than weekends just doing whatever. This hasn’t helped my sleeping any or getting to my class at eight, but I think that it has been worth it. I like to sleep and all but if I had the choice between sleeping and talking or hanging out with people; I would much rather talk and hang out. Earlier in the semester, where we would all hang out. Often, I would talk to random people and then try to make conversation with them. It was also amusing to watch everyone that is drunk go by on their way back up to VWK and Stuart. Other highlights from the back porch are throwing a frisbee, climbing on rooftops and running through sprinklers. This semester is also memorable for all of the sporting events that I have attended thus far. I really enjoy watching all types of sports and I am pretty sure that I have seen all of the varsity sports teams here at least once. Many of them I have watched on a multiple of occasions.
Looking back on the semester my favorite memory was very recently; actually it was this last weekend because my friends and I did many different kinds of partying and just had an all around good time. Thursday we went out to the clubs here around Dayton and that was a lot of fun because it was the one of the first times I got to do that because of soccer season being so busy. We were with some girls and guys from the soccer team and it was good because we all knew each when we went out. We went down on brown and went to different places. Then Friday, my friends from home came in that I hardly ever see. I took them out in the university and showed them different things that I do every weekend. I was fun to see them all the time because that is what it was when I was at home. They stayed till Sunday and were around all the time. I took them to some parties and showed them a good time. The next day I took them out to lunch and got them some food. Then Saturday I went to the University of Miami to see some friends from the old school. It was a good time because went out and had a good time just like old times. These friends were all of the state championship team of 2006 at Walsh Jesuit High school. It was good to have a different kind of atmosphere and be around people that you wouldn’t see every day. We were all going out to what the people at Miami called “Up town” and went to some dance clubs and bars. It was a good time and I met some new people. I want to go to Miami again over break because then I would get to see my friends again. Then the weekend closed up with a good bye and everyone went home and back the regular school setting of having school work and looking forward to exams the next week.
Looking back on my semester at University of Dayton it has been a mix of emotions. I haven’t had the easiest time here. I decided to leave at semester and move on. When I leave here next Wednesday it will be very bittersweet. In many ways it will be sad leaving, this is a place where I have grown a lot as a person. I realized that I need to be a little closer to home, if I never left Chicago I would have always wanted to know what it would be like to go somewhere else for college! Some of my best memories here are probably hanging out at night with some girls on my floor; we have really become such good friends. It’s going to be different not seeing them everyday and hanging out with them at night, since I have been doing that for the past 3 to 4 months. My friends that I made here are also leaving at semester; we are all enjoying Dayton a little better know because we know we are leaving. I know it is time for me to go, it’s been a very long semester and a great learning experience that I wouldn’t change for the world! Dayton is a great place with a pretty campus and great teachers. I know it is not for me though. Overall this experience and memories I would not trade for anything. I have had some rough patches here but many good memories.
Well, to bequite honest, it has been a rough semester. I never actually realized how much I would miss my family and how I would miss where I live, in Chicago. But I have to say throughout this time that I have been here I have made some great friendships. The girls that I have met have relly helped me through my homesickness. I will charish these friendships and make sure I keep in touch with the girls I have met.
I have to say that through this experience at the University of Dayton I have learned a great deal about myself, I have learned about what I do and don't like. I would have to say that I am not that big of a "partier" so sometimes I feel that it is kind of hard to fit in. It has really helped me to groe in certain areas and figure out myself. I have learned not to rely on people so much, and it is okay to be alone. Which it can be very lonely, but sometimes a person needs that in their life. They need time to be away from everyone and do something for themselves.
I think that through this experience at UD I will appriciate what is in store for me in the future so much more, and I am so excited to figure things out for myself. I use to be one of those people that did things just to make others happy, but now I am going to do what I want and make myself happy. My parents always said to do that, but now I truely believe them.
As long as I can remember everyone one has said that the next step in life is the best. When you are in junior high people say just wait till high school. When in high school everyone says college is amazing. At the close of my first semester in college I can’t agree more with all of those people that have told me college is amazing. I realized that I would love being here at Dayton on my first night of college. I’m lucky to be a part of R.O.T.C. which is like being a part of a family. Everyone in ROTC helps each other out and we have a unique bond that is found in sports teams.
Dayton is amazing. I love living on my own and taking care of myself, which surprisingly has worked out well. I believe I have matured drastically since arriving here in august and my family agrees. The memories are only adding up as the year goes on. The best memories could start with the early mornings running around campus chanting cadences to Ranger Challenge. The memories of all those crazy nights of partying, or just those week nights just hanging out with the guys goofing around. I cannot say what is my favorite memory but I know that I will remember always remember these days that I spend at Dayton and cannot wait to make more memories.
I think my favorite memory from this semester in English is probably when the military group brought in a guest speaker. I really enjoyed listening to him speak about his experiences and his life. I thought that all his stories were very interesting and I really liked to hear about his personal views about the war in Iraq coming from someone who has been there and someone who is in the military. I have met other people who have been to Iraq but I was never in a situation where I was able to ask them questions about their experiences there and their personal views. I think that being able to find out how he is able to balance his military life and his family life was also very interesting to learn about. I think that hearing his speak has also made me a little more at ease because I have a cousin who went to west point this year and I have been very nervous for him and his future in the army. I think that experience was a once in a lifetime experience that I really enjoyed in that class. I also think that I learned a lot from him that I did not know about the military. I thought that if you were in the army you would always be in some kind of position where your life would be on the line. It was interesting to find out that he had recently been to Canada to take a look at their military. I also learned what a typical day was like for him in Iraq which was interesting because I had no idea that they were going to schools and helping the children and other charitable tasks. I thought that military meant fighting all the time but after I heard him speak I now know that I was mistaken. It was also interesting to hear him talk about the president and the fact that he is the commander and chief of the country and whatever he says is what the military is supposed to do and they are not to question him which made his view of the war very different from what I would have imagined a person in the armies view to be. Overall this was the most memorable moment in that class and I think that was a very rewarding experience for me. I wrote this and I thought it was supposed to be our favorite memory from class.
Over the past semester I have had many great memories. However, the one that stands out the most would probably have to be one of the first weekends at school. There were seven kids that came here from my high school and the other six were all kind of friends but I did not know any of them that well. However, I was randomly paired with a kid that went to my high school as my roommate. So we did not know too many people coming in. We also lived in Marianist Hall, where the dorms are heavy and thick so it is quiet, and so it becomes tough to meet people. It was a few weeks before I met the two kids that lived directly next door to me. However, that is the most memorable moment I have of this semester, meeting my neighbors. It was the weekend after the second week of classes and I ended up going out with one of the kids next door and then we all came back and hung out in our room and had pizza and just talked and it was probably one of the funniest conversations I have ever heard and was just a nice way to relax and get to know some of the guys on my floor and make some new friends and that is one of the most memorable moments I have this semester.
There have been many random memories at Dayton, but I think my favorite is the past weekend. My best friend from home came here to see Dayton, and she hung with my best friend from Dayton. It was so weird and so much fun because it felt like some of home came to Dayton for a little. And she got to see what it was like here, which was different for her because she goes to Ohio University. But, I have had other fun ones too. Another overall reflection of this semester was just not living at home. I hate going home, and having to listen to my parents. It is by far the best part of the whole college experience. Another fun experience during college is shuttling it to Walmart. There have been some certainly weird experiences there with friends, but it has been fun. I questioned at first whether Dayton was right for me because it was hard because the people and everything was pretty different than Pittsburgh. Even though Pittsburgh is not that far, the overall kinds of people here are different, which I think has made me already a different person. Some of my other favorite memories are just getting to know people. The ultimate overall favorite memories too are going to parties in the Ghetto. Nothing can beat that. But in English, probably the best memory is when everyone was tied up.
Looking back on the semester, I would have to say that my favorite memory was when we did the interview of the person in our career field. I found the interview to be very inspirational and educational. I felt like I learned a great deal about what I want to do for the rest of my life. I learned about having my own business and what it takes to run my own business. When I graduate college I want to start a business with my friend that goes to Kent State. We want to start our own car modifying shop. We want to move to Nevada or California and buy a garage and fix it up and open it up for business. After the interview with the person in my career field I learned that I can set my own hours but I should be careful to not fall behind in my work. If I do start my own business, I would need to hire someone that can handle all the money and keep track of all the inventory and all the customer information.
Something else that was my favorite memory of English class this year was the class discussions that we would have. I thought it was funny to listen to David argue about something that has nothing to do with what you wanted to talk about, and eventually everyone would start talking about something like wal-mart. I just found that kind of humorous and will always think back to that when I think about my English 101 class.
While looking back at my first semester at the University of Dayton, there have been lots of memories both positive and negative. It all started on the first day when I came here to the great city of Dayton, O-H…-I-O—as Ohio state fans call it—when I moved into my first college dorm room. I was expecting a VERY small room because for years my mom always mentioned to me how small college dorms are, so when I walked into mine I was amazed and how large it was. For me, having a roommate was nothing new. I have had a roommate for as long as I can remember, my brother Adam and I have shared a room and I haven’t always loved it because almost everyone I know has their own room, and doesn’t have a room, but now when I look back at the situation I am very happy that I was spoiled by having my own room and now I think I am a better college roommate because I have been a roommate for my whole life. Back to move in day at school, it was a hard time for me and my brother because I really didn’t want to move out of my room at home and he didn’t want me to go either but we both realized that it had to be done.
But also, there have been some positive memories. Some of those memories are going out into the student housing areas, the ghetto and the dark side with new friends, watching my beloved hurricanes win some football games but mostly losing this year. I am so happy that I picked this school, I love it here, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I have made some great friends here even though they might be from O-H-I-O.
Looking back on this past semester, there are so many fun memories that it is impossible to narrow it down to just one. While at The University Dayton I have met some of the most incredible students who have helped me to create the many memories I have in such a short period of time. For instance, I moved in with a guy named Sean after I had difficulty getting along with my original roommate named Matt. Sean and I share very similar interests in life. He and I are always finding things to do that will entertain us or distract us from getting our homework done. It was late one night in the middle of this past semester that we were sitting in our room board out of our minds, and a little tipsy from the bottle. We could not think of anything we could do that was fun and entertaining that we had not already done in the previous weeks. It was not until our mutual friend from down our hall came in to eat his Cousin Vinney’s that we got our best idea of the semester. After our friend ate his pizza we convinced him to give us the box in which it came in. We could not just have one pizza box however so we wondered around the second floor of Founders. Sean and I managed to come up with five pizza boxes. After finding three of our buddies we had enough to play the game we wanted to play. Many of us skateboard or snowboard so we thought it would be a fun time if we did that on the pizza boxes down the hall. It turned into a competition that the whole hallway got involved in. Two people would skate down the hall at one time. After getting a running head start who ever made it the farthest would win. Once a winner was determined another person would compete with the previous winner. That game started to get slightly boring so all of turned it into a trick competition. At this point we involved our RA. He judged the group to see who had the best trick. Because no one had the best balance, it turned into a competition of who could have the best wipe outs. It sounds as though it may not have been very fun, but it was one of the best nights we had as roommates, and it brought our whole floor together as a community.
Another memory of this short semester I have had was going to the ski tournaments in various locations. The first one I have ever gone to was in Van Wert Ohio, which is about forty-five minutes from my home town. I have class until four o’clock on Fridays so I wasn’t able to get to the tournament until late. We arrived in Van Wert at about ten o’clock after an exciting drive, in which we pre-gamed the entire trip so we were feeling pretty good. By the time we were there everyone had the tent set up and were at the hut partying with all the teams from different schools. I had a different focus when we got there, I was determined to build a fire despite the fact that it had been raining all day there. I tried for about forty-five minutes and when I finally succeeded it started to rain again, and was a complete waste of my time. So I grabbed myself a beer and joined in on all the festivities. We partied all night long, and around three o’clock in the morning everyone started to get tired and go to bed. It was a very uncomfortable sleep with about thirteen people packed into a ten man tent. People were strewn out everywhere, rolling over and laying on top of each other, and stealing blankets to warm up. The girls had to ski first thing in the morning, so I didn’t get to see them go very much because I was still sound asleep. I was signed up to wakeboard, and my event wasn’t until late in the afternoon, so I just chilled out under the beautiful sunshine and watched all the skiers compete. Around two o’clock the rain set in, and the competition was postponed due to the lightning. So we all got out of our wet cloths and hit the pizza joint up for some delicious all you can eat buffet. After our tummies were full we went back to the lake, and partied the rest of the night away. I woke up on Sunday around eleven, and the jumping had gone under way. I waited around until about three o’clock until it was my turn to jump; I have never done it before so it was going to be a funny experience. I took my two turns at the jump, one wiping out badly, and the other one I just kind of lost my balance and fell. After I was done my car load packed up their stuff, and headed back to Dayton to do some homework to prepare for classes on Monday. I love the ski team, and we have done lots of fun things together that has made my first semester a blast here at Dayton.
This first semester of my college career at the University of Dayton is going to be one to go down in the record books. I will never forget it because it is a very different lifestyle. Although, there were some good times and bad times, I will never forget it. There are moments that I will never forget from my first year here at UD. In English, I will never forget the people in the class. Our class was very interesting in a variety of ways. We had people from all over the world making the class exciting and fun almost everyday. I do not think there was ever a day that I did not laugh or have a smile on my face. Whether it was from the actual classes or the tutorials, I had great times that I will never forget. We all had laughs in the class whether it was from the assignment, talking about our dorms, or talking about what went on the other night. I really had a lot of fun and would really like to have everyone from the class in my class again.
On the other hand, my favorite memory in a whole would be the athletics here at UD. This year, UD had one of the best sporting years in its history. Our volleyball team has the best record in the nation with only two losses. The volleyball team finished in the second round of the NCAA tournament. It would have been amazing if we were to win it all and beat all the other schools that are known for volleyball. Also, our football team did amazing. We won the Gridiron Classic and had the best record in our division. Before the athletic season even started I ran for a position on the Red Scare. The Red Scare is the cheering student body at all the sporting events. I got a position on it as the Promotions Manager. I create the flyers for the games to get the word out that everyone should be at a certain game. I have made a lot of friends from being on the Red Scare and I am very glad that I ran for the position. I hope our sports teams in the second semester can either match or do even better that the first semester teams. I am a huge basketball fan, and basketball is just getting underway. So, this first semester was a great one in all from sports to education. I will never forget my first semester at UD and I hope that all the other ones in my career are just as good, or better!
Looking back on my semester I have a lot of good memories and new friends. Went I arrive here I did not know what to expect been so far away from home not having any of my friends or family member to go to I was by myself and I have to admit it wisent easy on the beginning. But I was up for the challenge I decided I needed a change and I don’t regret at all. New friends, new life and a new future. The first month was really hard on me dealing with messing my family and my friends. But I wisent tuff making new friends and I remember went I use to live in Stuart in the faith floor we had a lot of fun as a group and they I made my first friends Tim, Chirrs , Dan Sean and John. I remember went we stay late for the first months watching the baseball playoffs that sadly my team the New York Yankees lose. I had to suffer seeing the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series after the Indians eliminate my team. After the playoffs where over I really got to know the guys better we played basketball and some football. From this I really got to know John pretty good and he became like my first real friend here. Other friend that I make were the guys in the baseball team do to all the time we spent together practicing and training, practicing almost every day was hard but we had a lot of fun because we all like baseball. Woody the catcher of the team and I had a lot of fun and we joke a lot about each other. The months passed and I started to know more people better people that take class with me we started studying together and having fun and that was nice I really started to like my new set of friends. After a couple of months I got the opportunity to move to a single room in mar crest and I took it. Now I live in another building and have more friends I still go out with my old friend from Stuart and also now I can go play basketball , play video games or study with the guys from my new floor like Jake , Vinnie , Bausch and Greg for example. So I say the opportunity that was giving to me to come to Dayton was a great and I don’t regret it because I have more friends and I become more independent as a human been.
Looking back at this past semester I would have to say that my favorate memory was my birthday. A group of friend and I all went out on thursday to celebrate. It pure madness. I don't think I ended up coming back in until 4 or 5 in the morning and then had to get up for class at 9. I've met so many great people here and made alot of new friendships. The weekends were definately some of the greatest times spent here. I probably should have done alot more studying than I did though. I guess that's something I'll have to change next semester. Specific to this class, this semester, I'm going to miss all the people in class. Ellen and Kevin thinking I'm 35. Army guys getting into fights outside the frat. Everything about this class has been fun in some way.
Post a Comment